• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lois Lerner, IRS official at heart of tea party scandal, retires

Bronson

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Lois Lerner, IRS official at heart of tea party scandal, retires - Washington Times

The IRS said Monday that Lois G. Lerner, the woman at the center of the tea party targeting scandal, has resigned from the agency — though because of privacy rules it could say nothing more.

Ms. Lerner, who had been on paid administrative leave, was the director of the division that reviewed the applications for tax-exempt status from political groups over the last few years and which, according to an internal audit, gave extra scrutiny to tea party and other conservative groups

Time for ole Lois to testify, especially about why her signature is on Obama's terrorist (allegedly heh) brother's phony foundation's tax exemption

Time to find out everything she knows

Find out everything a female government employee knows? It'd take me longer to piss.

Did anyone notice in this article is says, "seems to suggest" this damn story is daily fodder on the right wing blogosphere for months at the best they got is seems to suggest? Goodness, this country is doomed.

Find out everything a female government employee knows? It'd take me longer to piss.

Probably take you longer to find that thing too.

Lois Lerner, IRS official at heart of tea party scandal, retires - Washington Times

Time for ole Lois to testify, especially about why her signature is on Obama's terrorist (allegedly heh) brother's phony foundation's tax exemption

she is in the process to be able roll over and start singing. but first she needed to retire to make sure her pension is secured and the IRS cant discipline her for ratting out her former bosses. what can they do now fire her?

Did anyone notice in this article is says,
"seems to suggest" this damn story is daily fodder on the right wing blogosphere for months at the best they got is seems to suggest? Goodness, this country is doomed.

Oh I'm sure she's absolutley innocent here and has nothing to hide.

Seeing how she took the fifth and all.

When liberals violate the rights of Conservatives it's right wing blogosphere conspiracy.

Oh I'm sure she's absolutley innocent here and has nothing to hide.

Seeing how she took the fifth and all.

When liberals violate the rights of Conservatives it's right wing blogosphere conspiracy.

she is going to start singing like a bird she just needed to get out from under the IRS control so they couldn't fire her and take her pension

she is going to start singing like a bird she just
needed to get out from under the IRS control so they couldn't fire her and take her pension

I hope so. It would be nice to get to thd bottom of this mess.
Plus Jay Sekulow has a lawsuite pending that hopefully should get some answers soon.

I hope so. It would be nice to get to thd bottom of this mess.
Plus Jay Sekulow has a lawsuite pending that hopefully should get some answers soon.

I got a call from Jay Sekulow office just last week asking for a contribution. I didn't know he has taken these cases for free. I gladly sent him a check

she is going to start singing like a bird she just needed to get out from under the IRS control so they couldn't fire her and take her pension

She's not going to say anything, because she doesn't want to go to the pen.

Moderator's Warning:
Topic here folks, lets speak about it and not comments made for no purpose other than to bait/troll

She's not going to say anything, because she doesn't want to go to the pen.

if she bargans for immunity and gets it she will sing like a bird. then write a book titled "the women who brought down an administration"

if she bargans for immunity and gets it she will sing like a bird. then write a book titled "the women who brought down an administration"

She's got her sweet little retirement package; set up for life. Between that and the fear that she might meet with an unfortunate accident, she's not saying anything.

She could take the Bush and company excuse and give congress the finger while claiming executive privilege. Not that we need her to get up and testify that the IRS is supposed to look into tax free applications to make sure they are correct because it is their job, and that they do it for all groups including the tea party. I am not sure why you feel the tea party is above scrutiny and should have special rights above everyone else, but you can argue for it. That evil woman treating the tea party like a common group of tax free applicants for a clearly political oriented group.

She's got her sweet little retirement package; set up for life. Between that and the fear that she might meet with an unfortunate accident, she's not saying anything.

cant cash those retirement checks in jail if she doesn't testify they will have her on contempt of congress and yes you can serve time for that up to a year

Last edited:
She could take the Bush and company excuse and give congress the finger while claiming executive privilege. Not that we need her to get up and testify that the IRS is supposed to look into tax free applications to make sure they are correct because it is their job, and that they do it for all groups including the tea party. I am not sure why you feel the tea party is above scrutiny and should have special rights above everyone else, but you can argue for it. That evil woman treating the tea party like a common group of tax free applicants for a clearly political oriented group.

Are you seriously going to soil this thread with a blame Bush card?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCXKexnpt20

She'll just keep taking the 5th.

if she doesn't testify they will have her on contempt of congress, and yes you can serve time for that up to a year. she waved the 5th when she gave that opening statement

Is it the job of the IRS to ask tax exempt orgs about their religious habits during those investigations? I'd love to see that regulation. Thanks in advance.

Is it the job of the IRS to ask tax exempt orgs about their religious habits during those investigations? I'd love to see that regulation. Thanks in advance.

Section 501c of the US tax code defines the types of tax exempt organizations and how they apply. Please feel free to read it on irs.gov at your convenience. Oh, and yes religious organizations fall under their own category and rules which is why they may wish to determine if an organization would be acting as a religious one instead of a community organization. So the question does have a place in classification for tax free purposes and defining what forms of revenue remain tax free as it differs among those groups.

Section 501c of the US tax code defines the types of tax exempt organizations and how they apply. Please feel free to read it on irs.gov at your convenience. Oh, and yes religious organizations fall under their own category and rules which is why they may wish to determine if an organization would be acting as a religious one instead of a community organization. So the question does have a place in classification for tax free purposes and defining what forms of revenue remain tax free as it differs among those groups.

I'm not reading anything. It's up to you to show us how the IRS is justified in asking applicants about their religious habits, as part of an investigation.

if she doesn't testify they will have her on contempt of congress, and yes you can serve time for that up to a year. she waved the 5th when she gave that opening statement

I agree, don't get me wrong. I think she should be held accountable and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, she's already cut a deal with the regime and she will have a nice, comfortable life.

I'm not reading anything. It's up to you to show us how the IRS is justified in asking applicants about their religious habits, as part of an investigation.

you are the one claiming they acted out of line, yet there is no proof of them doing so. Tax exempt status has special standing which the IRS is tasked with determining. Therefor it is their job to determine if you fit the requirements. if you want to proceed without reading the tax code then please continue, but do not blame the rest of us when you make a terrible argument like it is wrong for the IRS to determine if you are operating properly within the codes of a tax free organization.

you are the one claiming they acted out of line, yet there is no proof of them doing so. Tax exempt status has special standing which the IRS is tasked with determining. Therefor it is their job to determine if you fit the requirements. if you want to proceed without reading the tax code then please continue, but do not blame the rest of us when you make a terrible argument like it is wrong for the IRS to determine if you are operating properly within the codes of a tax free organization.

You claimed they were doing their job by the book. I asked you show us where in the book it says that asking questions about religion are a part of an investigation. The ball is in your court, darlin'.

are you still trying to argue the IRS did nothing wrong? :roll:

this has been gone over a thousand times in these forum hundred of links have been provided. and if you still think the IRS did nothing wrong any one who tries to argue with you different is doing nothing but wasting there time nothing and I mean nothing would convince you other wise

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom