• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lockdowns Drove 60,000 Children in UK to Clinical Depression

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
We will look back in horror at what we did to ourselves just because 99% were not going to die from Covid. And that was before the poor performing vaccines.
——-

A new study published in the Royal Society Open Science journal found that lockdowns in the UK caused around 60,000 children to suffer clinical depression.

Researchers detected a 27.1 per cent prevalence of depression amongst their sample, a number significantly higher than would have occurred without lockdowns.

Where's the study?

Where's the study?
The current study provides evidence for increased adolescent depressive symptoms and decreased life satisfaction as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Schools and CAMHS services were forced to adapt to the challenging circumstances of the pandemic. If there had been clearer guidance and increased funding for schools, this may have enabled better systems for supporting pupils' mental health during this period. Given that the pandemic is ongoing and that these negative impacts are likely long lasting with other potential adverse lifelong consequences [40], the promotion of young people's mental health and increased access to services relies on a properly resourced, public health approach that builds capacity within and between sectors.

Given that the pandemic is ongoing and that these negative impacts are likely long lasting with other potential adverse lifelong consequences [40], the promotion of young people's mental health and increased access to services relies on a properly resourced, public health approach that builds capacity within and between sectors.

So the problem could have been eliminated or significantly decreased had their been adequate funding for mental health services for the young. Shocking.

We will look back in horror at what we did to ourselves just because 99% were not going to die from Covid. And that was before the poor performing vaccines.
——-

A new study published in the Royal Society Open Science journal found that lockdowns in the UK caused around 60,000 children to suffer clinical depression.

Researchers detected a 27.1 per cent prevalence of depression amongst their sample, a number significantly higher than would have occurred without lockdowns.

Oh look. Someone cheering on death to make political points.

Novel viruses have a habit of surprising us. You will look back "in horror." The adults will look back and learn. You owe the adults a debt of gratitude.

Given that the pandemic is ongoing and that these negative impacts are likely long lasting with other potential adverse lifelong consequences [40], the promotion of young people's mental health and increased access to services relies on a properly resourced, public health approach that builds capacity within and between sectors.

So the problem could have been eliminated or significantly decreased had their been adequate funding for mental health services for the young. Shocking.
Actually wouldn’t need it if we hadn’t abused them unnecessarily via lockdowns

It's bloody Britain.
Depression and self-loathing is what we do best.

Nobody loves a good old moan like the British. We're the world champions at it!

Rule Britania!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually wouldn’t need it if we hadn’t abused them unnecessarily via lockdowns
You say the lockdowns were unnecessary, not the study.

All that running and hiding in bomb shelters during the WW2 Battle of Britain undoubtedly caused increased child depression. I also understand COVID caused about 175,000 clinical deaths in the UK. A final study may reveal more.

——-

So?

And it's driven thousands of adult Americans into conspiracy-driven psychosis which can be seen here daily.

I wonder how many COVID infections and deaths were largely caused by disinformation and propaganda. Am I supposed to believe that propagandists now care about depressed children? I don't believe that.

Rather have 60k depressed children than 60k orphans.

Prove that.. orphan result.

More than 140,000 children in the US have lost a primary or secondary caregiver due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a new modelling study published today in Pediatrics reveals.

You can easily google the rest.

You can easily google the rest.
No, nice try

I don't believe your assertion that mask on 60K children causing depression saved 60K lives. That's the proof I'm asking you to provide.

No, nice try

I don't believe your assertion that mask on 60K children causing depression saved 60K lives. That's the proof I'm asking you to provide.
Never made that assertion.. you did.

My point was, rather have a bunch of snotty kids, being depressed over not being able to go outside (not that this is usually a problem for kids these days as they would rather be indoors and playing computer games... it is the parents who are thinking their kids are depressed over not being able to go outside), versus more kids being depressed over having lost their parents or grandparents.

Never made that assertion.. you did.

My point was, rather have a bunch of snotty kids, being depressed over not being able to go outside (not that this is usually a problem for kids these days as they would rather be indoors and playing computer games... it is the parents who are thinking their kids are depressed over not being able to go outside), versus more kids being depressed over having lost their parents or grandparents.

So many cons, like VySky, demand evidence yet don't provide such themselves to back-up their own words, while not acknowledging the evidence provided that he asked for. That's VySky's history.

So many cons, like VySky, demand evidence yet don't provide such themselves to back-up their own words, while not acknowledging the evidence provided that he asked for. That's VySky's history.
I know. Facts and being an American conservative are direct opposites these days...

That's right. So what? Do you live in the UK?
But I thought y’all wanted to be like the UK. All welcoming to terrorist and other bad people waltzing across our southern border flipping the bird at our laws? I don’t want that type human here.

But I thought y’all wanted to be like the UK. All welcoming to terrorist and other bad people waltzing across our southern border flipping the bird at our laws? I don’t want that type human here.

Who is "y'all"? When did I ever say I wanted to be like the UK? And who is welcoming terrorists to waltz across our borders?

Who is "y'all"? When did I ever say I wanted to be like the UK? And who is welcoming terrorists to waltz across our borders?
1- Liberals
2- Biden

Back
Top Bottom