• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lock her up ?

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Should Ivanka Trump be locked up for using her private e-mail server to discuss/share her White House security clearance information ? Why or why not?

Should Ivanka Trump be locked up for using her private e-mail server to discuss/share her White House security clearance information ? Why or why not?

If she used it to send classified information yes lock her up right after Hillary. If she didn't send classified information then no, the precedent was set it's OK to use one.

If she used it to send classified information yes lock her up right after Hillary. If she didn't send classified information then no, the precedent was set it's OK to use one.

Should make for strange bedfellows should such a thing come to pass,eh? I'm betting HRC gets top bunk.

You didn't even get your premise correct. Might want to try doing that correctly next time.

Should make for strange bedfellows should such a thing come to pass,eh? I'm betting HRC gets top bunk.

Not really.
The other articles I've seen say there was no classified information transfered so as it stands there is a whole lotta nuffin here

After all the hell Donald Trump gave Hillary for her emails, it never occurred to Ivanka that there might be something wrong with her using her private email for government business after she was given a government account?

Earlier today I was thinking that Ivanka was the smart one in a family of droolers. Then we hear this.

Agreed. Hillary is the greater criminal because she deliberately sent classified material through an unsecure, unauthorized system in addition to deliberately destroying evidence, but both are in violation of records acts requiring the preservation of official records. Lock both up, but make sure Hillary is locked up longer.

The Democrats are being hypocrites by citing this without going after Hillary for her crimes.

After all the hell Donald Trump gave Hillary for her emails, it never occurred to Ivanka that there might be something wrong with her using her private email for government business after she was given a government account?

Earlier today I was thinking that Ivanka was the smart one in a family of droolers. Then we hear this.

There are some major differences in what Hillary repeatedly did and what Ivanka did, but both are in the wrong.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/19/politics/ivanka-trump-personal-email-account/index.html
According to emails released by the watchdog group, American Oversight, Trump used her personal account to email Cabinet officials, White House aides and assistants. The Presidential Records Act requires all official White House communications and records be preserved

Just as Hillary should not be locked-up, neither should Ivanka. She should be admonished and warned though, by the proper body.

However, it is fair to point-out the hypocrisy of her father, and if she beat on Hillary (I haven't seen her), point it out to her as well.

Yeah, that is pretty amazing to be honest.

Agreed. Hillary is the greater criminal because she deliberately sent classified material through an unsecure, unauthorized system in addition to deliberately destroying evidence, but both are in violation of records acts requiring the preservation of official records. Lock both up, but make sure Hillary is locked up longer.

The Democrats are being hypocrites by citing this without going after Hillary for her crimes.

Deliberately sent classified material through an unsecure line? .... um, no, as far as I know it was never proven that anything that she sent was deemed classified at the time of transmission.

There was one instance where she showed a willingness to send classified information but I never saw any evidence that what was sent was classified.

I looked hard. I was hoping that the email problem would sink her before she became the nominee. But while there was some smoke, as far as I know no one ever found any fire.

The point is that nobody on either side actually gives a **** about email hygiene. Nobody actually wants to lock Ivanka up, the left isn't solely composed of goddamn idiots. That privilege is reserved for the Trump-devoted right.

The point is that nobody on either side actually gives a **** about email hygiene. Nobody actually wants to lock Ivanka up, the left isn't solely composed of goddamn idiots. That privilege is reserved for the Trump-devoted right.
Disagreed. They do care but the problem is that they, especially the Democrats and now the Republicans, can’t do anything about it without also sending a few of their own to jail...or more likely a criminal conviction and fine.

Disagreed. They do care but the problem is that they, especially the Democrats and now the Republicans, can’t do anything about it without also sending a few of their own to jail...or more likely a criminal conviction and fine.

Literally no one cares about emails. No one ever did.

Deliberately sent classified material through an unsecure line? .... um, no, as far as I know it was never proven that anything that she sent was deemed classified at the time of transmission.

There was one instance where she showed a willingness to send classified information but I never saw any evidence that what was sent was classified.

I looked hard. I was hoping that the email problem would sink her before she became the nominee. But while there was some smoke, as far as I know no one ever found any fire.

It was proved. Why do think the Weiner computer was so important that Comey reopened the investigation?

https://usat.ly/2BWaQ1R
Several emails with classified information*from*former Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin were among a*tranche of documents released Friday that were found on*Anthony Weiner's personal computer during an FBI probe.*

It was proved. Why do think the Weiner computer was so important that Comey reopened the investigation?

https://usat.ly/2BWaQ1R
Several emails with classified information*from*former Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin were among a*tranche of documents released Friday that were found on*Anthony Weiner's personal computer during an FBI probe.*

In the end nothing was found Huma's computer.

Republicans had just put Comey in a bind where he was required to let them know that emails were flagged.

But when they were examined, it turned out not to be anything the FBI hadn't already seen.

You claimed Hillary sent classified emails. A small amount of classified materials ending up on Huma's computer, mostly because of backups of Huma's other devices, is a big jump from your claim about Hillary.

Again, I very much wanted proof of Hillary sending classified material through private email. I never saw any proof. I had my eyes open for that for months. Never saw anything. And your link doesn't show anything about that.

In the end nothing was found Huma's computer.

Republicans had just put Comey in a bind where he was required to let them know that emails were flagged.

But when they were examined, it turned out not to be anything the FBI hadn't already seen.

You claimed Hillary sent classified emails. A small amount of classified materials ending up on Huma's computer, mostly because of backups of Huma's other devices, is a big jump from your claim about Hillary.

Again, I very much wanted proof of Hillary sending classified material through private email. I never saw any proof. I had my eyes open for that for months. Never saw anything. And your link doesn't show anything about that.
Those emails were from Hillary. That was the problem.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system
...there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

Last edited:
Not really.
The other articles I've seen say there was no classified information transfered so as it stands there is a whole lotta nuffin here

We will all know when the House subpoenas the records for the FBI to examine.

And with all those people looking for any crumb of wrongdoing by Hillary, and with Trump leading "lock her up" changes, Ivanka still doesn't think, "gee, maybe I should use this government account they gave me and not risk making any mistakes with my private account."

I didn't see any from Hillary. Maybe I missed it. Could you show the actual image here?

That's the first step.

Then the second step is to show the misdeed was deliberate.

Image? No. OTOH, it’s all a moot point. Nothing will be done. Hillary is not going to jail or even be reprimanded for her actions. However, because of that, neither will Ivanka.

And with all those people looking for any crumb of wrongdoing by Hillary, and with Trump leading "lock her up" changes, Ivanka still doesn't think, "gee, maybe I should use this government account they gave me and not risk making any mistakes with my private account."
Ivanka is probably the smartest one of the Trump clan, but those aren’t brains on her chest soooooo......

BBHF6Cx_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom