• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liz Cheney...True Daughter Of Wyoming

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Just what this country needs in the senate...another elitist right wing sympathizer of corporate America who is nothing more than an extension of the lying assed Halliburton CEO who told or reinforced a thousand lies to get us into Iraq.

By the way.....living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming as a resident is like someone in NY living along the South Fork of Long Island in the Hamptons.

Hometown: McLean, Va.
Alma Mater: Colorado College, bachelor's degree, 1984; University of Chicago, law degree, 1996.

Office: 1718 M Street, NWWashington, DC 20036

Elizabeth Cheney grew up in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C., while her father served as Wyoming's sole congressman and then in the Nixon, Ford and first Bush administrations and while her mother arguably gained greater attention as a conservative activist, commentator and author.

After graduating from McLean High School in 1984, Cheney attended college in Colorado and got a law degree from the University of Chicago before resettling in northern Virginia, just minutes from her family home

Last edited:
So are you angry, or are your feelings hurt that Cheney moved to Wyoming in order to run, or what?

And what do you think of people who see a 47-year old woman not as an accomplished and successful person with experience both in the private sector and at the State Dept., but as "nothing more" than as an extension of a parent?

I think it says more about their own narrowed vision than anything meaningful.

She would only be replacing an older Republican Senator. You got a problem with an infusion of young blood?

A WOMAN no less?

Just what this country needs in the senate...another elitist right wing sympathizer of corporate America who is nothing more than an extension of the lying assed Halliburton CEO who told or reinforced a thousand lies to get us into Iraq.

I hadn't imagined that you knew her or her father.

Get ready, dingy harry reid's losing the Senate gavel in 2014.

I hadn't imagined that you knew her or her father.

Anybody who doesn't know her draft dodging, war instigating. ex Halliburton CEO, lying assed daddy is brain dead. She's simply an extension of his love for a Lord/Serf society in America. I'm tired of folks who preach patriotism and practice just the opposite. I'm tired of bold faced liars. I'm tired of T party Republicans.

it's true
we elect the politicians we deserve
and it appears, when looking at those who are now in congress, that we don't deserve much

By the way.....living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming as a resident is like someone in NY living along the South Fork of Long Island in the Hamptons.

Alma Mater: Colorado College, bachelor's degree, 1984; University of Chicago, law degree, 1996.

Elizabeth Cheney grew up in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C., while her father served as Wyoming's sole congressman and then in the Nixon, Ford and first Bush administrations and while her mother arguably gained greater attention as a conservative activist, commentator and author.

After graduating from McLean High School in 1984, Cheney attended college in Colorado and got a law degree from the University of Chicago before resettling in northern Virginia, just minutes from her family home

Not judging whether she should be elected, one should note that there is precedent by which candidates have run after only short periods of residency in their new home states. Some have even proved effective and popular. One example is Hillary Clinton who went on to serve as a Senator from New York State prior to her becoming Secretary of State.

Wyoming's residents will need to determine whether they believe Ms. Cheney can adequately represent them, much less should do so.

Never ceases to amaze me the level of vitriol that spews from the mouths of the average liberal when confronted by a strong, confident, accomplished, well spoken, conservative woman. Liberals love to bleat about some ficticious conservative war on women, but in America the liberals and their elites are the Taliban of politics.

I for one see no problem in electing someone from Virginia as the representative from Wyoming, except for that problem.

Never ceases to amaze me the level of vitriol that spews from the mouths of the average liberal when confronted by a strong, confident, accomplished, well spoken, conservative woman. Liberals love to bleat about some ficticious conservative war on women, but in America the liberals and their elites are the Taliban of politics.

Because conservatives only refer to Hillary Clinton with the utmost respect?

As long as the majority in Wyoming think that we should not in any way work with Dems and that her opponent is too old and is getting forgetful, then she will win.

She would only be replacing an older Republican Senator. You got a problem with an infusion of young blood?

A WOMAN no less?

Yes, it must be that Democrats are sexist when they disagree with a woman.

The gender card: almost as good as the race card.

I for one see no problem in electing someone from Virginia as the representative from Wyoming, except for that problem.

The law allows it, the people get to choose. I have no problem with it. It works to democrats advantage since if she won, it is highly unlikely she could be as conservative as the man she replaced, nor would she have the seniority or level of respect.

Because conservatives only refer to Hillary Clinton with the utmost respect?

Actually, many conservatives do. We often disagree with her politics, but there's a difference. You think Palin was treated in the same manner by liberals as Clinton has been by conservatives?

Get ready, dingy harry reid's losing the Senate gavel in 2014.

She would be running against a republican for a republican held seat. No gain in membership food republicans for this no matter who wins. Don't let the facts get in your way...

Actually, many conservatives do. We often disagree with her politics, but there's a difference. You think Palin was treated in the same manner by liberals as Clinton has been by conservatives?

The attacks differed in substance, but not in ferocity.

The attacks differed in substance, but not in ferocity.

Indeed - conservatives attack policy positions, liberals attack personality and body parts.

Ever heard a liberal discuss Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin?

Why are liberals so afraid of strong, confident women?

Not judging whether she should be elected, one should note that there is precedent by which candidates have run after only short periods of residency in their new home states. Some have even proved effective and popular. One example is Hillary Clinton who went on to serve as a Senator from New York State prior to her becoming Secretary of State.

Wyoming's residents will need to determine whether they believe Ms. Cheney can adequately represent them, much less should do so.

That's going to be a tall order. She is going to spend a ton and we all know that money talks.

"Average Liberal?" Friend...you're reading Statements from an American who voted Republican for the first 30 years of my adult life. Republicans used to believe in balanced budgets, small government and individual liberty. Now they are in the pockets of corporations and the wealthy. Anybody who didn't see what Reagan started and both Bushes continued needs something to help their attention span.

"Average Liberal?" Friend...you're reading Statements from an American who voted Republican for the first 30 years of my adult life. Republicans used to believe in balanced budgets, small government and individual liberty. Now they are in the pockets of corporations and the wealthy. Anybody who didn't see what Reagan started and both Bushes continued needs something to help their attention span.

Can't judge your history - I can only base my comments on your words and your self-described politics as liberal.

Yes, it must be that Democrats are sexist when they disagree with a woman.

The gender card: almost as good as the race card.

That's what a good number of them said about the party themselves when Hillary didn't win the nomination.

Indeed - conservatives attack policy positions, liberals attack personality and body parts.

Ever heard a liberal discuss Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin?

Why are liberals so afraid of strong, confident women?

Half of the reasons Conservatives like them is that they think they're good looking. I can't tell you how many threads in media bias have been tarded up by people saying Fox is better because Ann Coulter is hot. They say the same things about Palin sometimes.

When people start talking about Ann Coulter being hot, I beg to differ. Especially when she's "better" because of it.

She would be running against a republican for a republican held seat. No gain in membership food republicans for this no matter who wins. Don't let the facts get in your way...

Sigh.......gotta get out the crayons for pictures again. Sorry, I assumed intelligence levels here.

Wasn't referring to Wyoming in particular, was referring to control of the Senate OVERALL, thus the REASON I mentioned dingy harry and not Liz Cheney.

My apologies, next time I won't make assumptions on intelligence levels. Thanks for making it clear for me. (-;

Sigh.......gotta get out the crayons for pictures again. Sorry, I assumed intelligence levels here.

Wasn't referring to Wyoming in particular, was referring to control of the Senate OVERALL, thus the REASON I mentioned dingy harry and not Liz Cheney.

My apologies, next time I won't make assumptions on intelligence levels. Thanks for making it clear for me. (-;

Oh, pardon me for assuming you where actually talking about the topic of the thread. How silly of me....

Back
Top Bottom