• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liz Cheney - Republican Party "must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution"

Republicans need to be careful when they chose their enemies.

Donald Trump will tweet mean shit about you if you oppose him.

Cheney's dad will shoot you in the ****ing face!!!

How jealous Republican politicians must be of the Democrats not having to cater to lunatics.

I never thought that I'd ever agree with Liz Cheney, but because of (S/I/T) Trump and his Trumplicans, she stands for honoring the oath of office and our Constitution. I'm on board! She just penned an op-ed that truly touches those with a heart and soul who believes in our Founding Fathers and the nation for which we live in and defend. Those of us who will not attack our Capitol like what happened on 1/6. The take-over isn't over until justice wins out over evil.

Facing removal from party leadership, Rep. Liz Cheney doubled down on Wednesday, saying in a Washington Post op-ed that the GOP is at a "turning point" and calling on Republicans to turn away from former President Donald Trump’s rhetoric, which she argued "can provoke violence again."

"The Republican Party is at a turning point, and Republicans must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution," the Wyoming Republican wrote in the op-ed. “History is watching. Our children are watching. We must be brave enough to defend the basic principles that underpin and protect our freedom and our democratic process.”

In the op-ed, Cheney slammed Trump and said she would continue to do so “no matter what the short-term political consequences might be.”
I rather respected Liz Cheney for her intelligence and strong personality but here she has taken the path of the much maligned 'typical' politician. Her claims that the Constitution and her freedom has been jeopardized is nonsense. In fact that's coming from the Democrats.

She clearly wants to run as a 'Centrist', a la Romney, but that's something the country neither needs nor wants. She should run as a Democrat next time out and would stand a much better chance. She has completely misread the party and the country.

I rather respected Liz Cheney for her intelligence and strong personality but here she has taken the path of the much maligned 'typical' politician. Her claims that the Constitution and her freedom has been jeopardized is nonsense. In fact that's coming from the Democrats.

She clearly wants to run as a 'Centrist', a la Romney, but that's something the country neither needs nor wants. She should run as a Democrat next time out and would stand a much better chance. She has completely misread the party and the country.
1620778614162.png

Generally speaking, this is not the way to win elections. The task of a political party is to attract voters, not drive them away.

I mean, fealty to Trump has severe limitations. Republicans leaning hard on gerrymandering and voter suppression

Liz Cheney is a has-been and it's because of her own doing...

It's comical to watch the left hoist her up from down below and up to their ivory colored pedestals though....:giggle:
What has she done since February that is so damning? Then the vote to remove her tanked 145 to 61. What has changed, except that she continues to condemn T**** for his shenanigans about a stolen election which resulted in the storming of our Capitol and our Congress on Janary 6?

So you moved the goal posts.

FWIW, as she notes in the article, Trump is still making those claims, and GOP leadership including that cowardly POS "my integrity is worth nothing!!" McCarthy is trying to oust her from leadership for not kissing Trump's fat loser ass and repeating them like a good little lemming. The ouster attempt is happening as we speak.
Why shouldn't Trump make any claims he wants to? Is there a liberal orthodoxy Trump is forced to follow?

Generally speaking, this is not the way to win elections. The task of a political party is to attract voters, not drive them away.

I mean, fealty to Trump has severe limitations. Republicans leaning hard on gerrymandering and voter suppression
There's no indication he's driving Republican voters away and doubt he's overly concerned about the opinions of Democrats. That being said, I'm still not certain he'll be the next Republican candidate but whoever it is should pay attention to his policies.

What 'voter suppression' and 'gerrymandering' are you referring to?

1. No, some will take criminal investigation
2. Sadly
Knowing someone is a crook and proving they are one is not the same thing
For example it took a while to close trump university which was an obvious scam to most people

What has she done since February that is so damning? Then the vote to remove her tanked 145 to 61. What has changed, except that she continues to condemn T**** for his shenanigans about a stolen election which resulted in the storming of our Capitol and our Congress on Janary 6?
She is thought of as old school GOP, a thing of the past.... I don't think it has to do with her going after Trump as it is what I mentioned in the beginning of my post. The GOP is a royal mess right now. 🤷‍♀️

There's no indication he's driving Republican voters away and doubt he's overly concerned about the opinions of Democrats. That being said, I'm still not certain he'll be the next Republican candidate but whoever it is should pay attention to his policies.

What 'voter suppression' and 'gerrymandering' are you referring to?

You are recommending that a Republican leader leave the party because of her lack of fealty to Trump and then claim he isn't driving Republican voters away. Do you even listen to yourself?

Trump doesn't so much have policies as he has shims. Those are what they need to pat attention to.

Republicans in Florida even wanted to create their own version of the "grandfather clause."

Trump received a record number of votes for any Republican presidential candidate. It's unwise to rubbish the choice of these 74,000,000 voters.

She is thought of as old school GOP, a thing of the past.... I don't think it has to do with her going after Trump as it is what I mentioned in the beginning of my post. The GOP is a royal mess right now. 🤷‍♀️

She wasn't "old school" a couple of months ago.

Trump received a record number of votes for any Republican presidential candidate. It's unwise to rubbish the choice of these 74,000,000 voters.

He didn't help himself in his dealing with the insurrection. Cheney was talking about some suppressed polling that shows this really hurts Trump in suburban/swing districts. His polling now is apparently in, like, the 30% area.

it ought to worry the GOP that telling the truth about the election is to risk your leadership position and future in the GOP.
Yes.
I can understand if 'old school' is no longer popular, sure get a change of leadership. But what is happening right now, spurred by T**** and the Freedom Caucus, is not about her old school ideas. This began immediately after she piped up about T****'s most recent pronouncement about the Big Lie. She slaughtered the Dems in her last election, and she voted with her party 95% of the time, so I'm not sure how 'out of step' she is with the rest of the party.

You are recommending that a Republican leader leave the party because of her lack of fealty to Trump and then claim he isn't driving Republican voters away. Do you even listen to yourself?

Trump doesn't so much have policies as he has shims. Those are what they need to pat attention to.

Republicans in Florida even wanted to create their own version of the "grandfather clause."
When someone says, “Frankly, what we’re seeing around gerrymandering by the authoritarian wing of the Republican party is part of the Putin-style managed democracy they are promoting – that combination of voter suppression and gerrymandering.” you can dismiss whatever comes next.

There is no evidence of 'voter suppression'.

Yes.

I can understand if 'old school' is no longer popular, sure get a change of leadership. But what is happening right now, spurred by T**** and the Freedom Caucus, is not about her old school ideas. This began immediately after she piped up about T****'s most recent pronouncement about the Big Lie. She slaughtered the Dems in her last election, and she voted with her party 95% of the time, so I'm not sure how 'out of step' she is with the rest of the party.
Sounds old school to me....
Let's look at her popularity as of today... Half of her own state will vote against her.
5/poll-more-than-half-of-gop-wyoming-voters-will-vote-against-liz-cheney-for-reelection/

Back
Top Bottom