• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liz Cheney just became the Obi-Wan Kenobi of the Republican party

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." --Obi-Wan Kenobi, A New Hope

By her voting record, she's Trumpier than her replacement. Gotta keep up appearances though.

If this happened with Democrats, of course, Trump's ball handlers would smash their Mr. Potato Heads and start hoarding Dr. Seuss books in a fit over cancel culture.

By her voting record, she's Trumpier than her replacement. Gotta keep up appearances though.

If this happened with Democrats, of course, Trump's ball handlers would smash their Mr. Potato Heads and start hoarding Dr. Seuss books in a fit over cancel culture.

The GQP demands party purity or they WILL cancel you. Contrast that with the Democratic party, which ranges all the way from Joe Manchin to AOC, yet neither are in any danger of censorship by the party itself.

Since OWK is a fictional character, I'm not sure I have a solid comment on him. I don't know what the author intended.

But Liz is commended for standing up to the cult of 45. That's all the party is now, Trump vs. non-Trump. Nothing else matters. The meat of politics is gone right now, it's just whether or not you like the smell of Donald's asshole.

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." --Obi-Wan Kenobi, A New Hope
No one cares.

Her having a megaphone ranting her hatred of Trump and all Trump supporters for her re-election might not have been her best strategy. However, the War Profiteering Cheneys have enough money plus the total support of the MSM, newspapers and Big Tech of the super rich and neocons that she can just buy tiny voter totals Wyoming. Still, she will always be fiercely opposed in every Republican primary from now on.

Obi-

“Obi wan kenobi”? I doubt that. Wyoming went over 60% for Trump. Liz will be luck to get a job as buffalo poo inspector in 2022.

“Obi wan kenobi”? I doubt that. Wyoming went over 60% for Trump. Liz will be luck to get a job as buffalo poo inspector in 2022.

Good. Pretend that she doesn't exist. How'd that work out for the Galactic Empire? ;)

What is an Obi-Wan Kenobi?

I know it a Star Trek something or other but not sure how it applies????

Wyoming has open primaries. No matter how much the Trumpees try to vote her out there is no law that says Democrats can't vote for her in the primaries.

Time will tell.

The only problem is this: Nobody but people who already hate Trump are listening to her.

That megaphone won't do her a bit of good.

I didn't think Cheney would sting them so much.

Oh, who am I kidding?

Of course, I did.

The only problem is this: Nobody but people who already hate Trump are listening to her.

I disagree. I’ve seen in various polls, left and right, that 70% of Republicans think the election was stolen from Trump. On the surface that sounds serious. But this also means 30% of Republicans think Joe Biden won fair and square. That 30% just witnessed Warren evicted for believing the same thing they do. That 30% is right now wondering whether the GOP is the right party for them. Many of them will join the Never Trumper ranks, which include not only the 81 million who voted against him in November but additional millions who decided never to support him after January 6.

This doesn’t mean they’ll vote Democrat or lead some GOP insurrection. It just means they are going to be less likely to vote for Trumpists. And with Trumpists now a very distinct minority, giving the general population even less reason to consider the GOP is a dumb move.

I suppose there is a symmetry, since Darth Cheney is her father. Bottom line is that they are just two neo-cons in a country that left them behind.

Well, in case you don't know, Trump kind of trashed Bush and Cheney, so it's a Daddy thing with her. But hey, whatever. C'ya.

And it's just a coincidence that this sudden 'leaving behind' happened right after she called out the former President's lie.

Man, what you guys won't tell yourself to avoid seeing Trump for the selfish, self-centered 'leader' he really is. Willing to keep promoting a lie rather than admit defeat.

And it's just a coincidence that this sudden 'leaving behind' happened right after she called out the former President's lie.

Man, what you guys won't tell yourself to avoid seeing Trump for the selfish, self-centered 'leader' he really is. Willing to keep promoting a lie rather than admit defeat.
You pegged it. Trump is selfish, self centered and a leader. That combination beats likeable, self centered and incompetent Biden hands down . The problem with Liz Cheney is that she does not understand that basic reality.

There is a vote next year. We will see who loses with no pandemic to weaponize.

You pegged it. Trump is selfish, self centered and a leader.
The first rule of leadership is taking responsibility for your actions, good and bad. The second rule is recognizing that the buck stops with you. Trump is many things but he is no leader.

Strongman? Sure. Boss? Sure. Chief executive? Sure. Leader? No, there are 20-somethings working retail at malls who are stronger leaders than him.

I disagree. I’ve seen in various polls, left and right, that 70% of Republicans think the election was stolen from Trump. On the surface that sounds serious. But this also means 30% of Republicans think Joe Biden won fair and square. That 30% just witnessed Warren evicted for believing the same thing they do. That 30% is right now wondering whether the GOP is the right party for them. Many of them will join the Never Trumper ranks, which include not only the 81 million who voted against him in November but additional millions who decided never to support him after January 6.

This doesn’t mean they’ll vote Democrat or lead some GOP insurrection. It just means they are going to be less likely to vote for Trumpists. And with Trumpists now a very distinct minority, giving the general population even less reason to consider the GOP is a dumb move.
First of all, I'm pretty sure an examination of these "various polls" will find that 70% number is bogus. That is the nature of polls. Also, that doesn't mean "30% of Republicans think Joe Biden won fair and square". Some of them may simply have no opinion. Before you tout numbers from "various polls", I suggest you present such polls. Let's see what's really in them.

Second, how do you know that the events of Jan. 6 resulted in ANY number...let alone millions...of Republicans deciding to change their minds about supporting Trump? I challenge you to provide any factual data to support your contention.

Before you start spouting off with your speculation, I suggest you pay less attention to Trump hating rhetoric from the media and the echo chamber and look to see what kind of reaction there is to such things as up coming Trump rallies, results from election audits and public reaction to Biden puppet master actions. The fact that the media, politicians...even Cheney...are determined to prevent Trump from having any influence indicates they are desperately afraid. Hell, Cheney is even willing to destroy her political career of her hatred. As I said before...the only people who will care about what she says are people who already hate Trump.

The first rule of leadership is taking responsibility for your actions, good and bad. The second rule is recognizing that the buck stops with you.
The first rule of leadership is to lead. The second is to be decisive and own your decisions.

Leaders are not measured by how they act, but by how they are followed and what results. The Trump administration results stack up with any one

Trump is many things but he is no leader.
This is simple prejudice.

Strongman? Sure. Boss? Sure. Chief executive? Sure.
By first principles, this makes him a leader. He's leading and he's decisive.

Leader? No, there are 20-somethings working retail at malls who are stronger leaders than him.
But the prejudice continues unabated. Trump was an exceptional leader and has the accomplishments to prove it. You just dislike his style.

Additional proof accumulates as a genuine non-leader fumbles in his wake. Biden has plenty of big talk, but he stumbled out of the gate and is not reacting as crisis piles on crisis--the border, the Middle East, the pipeline. No one is steering the ship.

You don't hate Trump yet you are here commenting on this thread.

So yes, people who love Trump are also listening to her in some form.

You pegged it. Trump is selfish, self centered and a leader. That combination beats likeable, self centered and incompetent Biden hands down . The problem with Liz Cheney is that she does not understand that basic reality.

There is a vote next year. We will see who loses with no pandemic to weaponize.
Except that 'combination' didn't beat Biden and Trumplicans ousted Cheney for telling an inconvenient truth.

You're playing 'follow the leader' with a guy that has no respect for the constitution. The new Trumplican litmus test is not conservatism, it's not even voting with the Trump agenda the most, it's don't get caught disagreeing with Trump out loud.

Back
Top Bottom