• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liz Cheney explains how GOP begged her to lie about Trump

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A great address to college students by x-Rep L Cheney. She brought knowledge to them about how she sacrificed her place in Congress to honor oath of office and uphold the truth - all in an effort to defend democracy and its importance. A warning from x-Rep Chenery along with my thumbs down to Ms Cleta Mitchell for pushing the prevention of college students to vote.

BBERMX9.img

Ms Cheney, once a member of Republican leadership and now a pariah in her own party, spoke to graduates on Sunday. She graduated from the school with a degree in political science in 1988.

“After the 2020 election and the attack of January 6th, my fellow Republicans wanted me to lie. They wanted me to say the 2020 election was stolen, the attack of January 6th wasn’t a big deal, and Donald Trump wasn’t dangerous,” she told students and families in her address Sunday, according to the Associated Press. “I had to choose between lying and losing my position in House leadership.”

Cleta Mitchell, an election denier and adviser to former President Trump, told a gathering of Republicans recently that it is crucially important to make sure that college students don’t vote,” Ms Cheney said. “Those who are trying to unravel the foundations of our republic, who are threatening the rule of law and the sanctity of our elections, know they can’t succeed if you vote.”

A great address to college students by x-Rep L Cheney. She brought knowledge to them about how she sacrificed her place in Congress to honor oath of office and uphold the truth - all in an effort to defend democracy and its importance. A warning from x-Rep Chenery along with my thumbs down to Ms Cleta Mitchell for pushing the prevention of college students to vote.

BBERMX9.img

Ms Cheney, once a member of Republican leadership and now a pariah in her own party, spoke to graduates on Sunday. She graduated from the school with a degree in political science in 1988.

“After the 2020 election and the attack of January 6th, my fellow Republicans wanted me to lie. They wanted me to say the 2020 election was stolen, the attack of January 6th wasn’t a big deal, and Donald Trump wasn’t dangerous,” she told students and families in her address Sunday, according to the Associated Press. “I had to choose between lying and losing my position in House leadership.”

Cleta Mitchell, an election denier and adviser to former President Trump, told a gathering of Republicans recently that it is crucially important to make sure that college students don’t vote,” Ms Cheney said. “Those who are trying to unravel the foundations of our republic, who are threatening the rule of law and the sanctity of our elections, know they can’t succeed if you vote.”
I don't believe her. She lies like her daddy.

The Republican Party is on the wrong side of history.

A party that thinks it’s popular wants more voters voting. One that is afraid of voters wants to restrict voting.

I don't believe her. She lies like her daddy.
She most certainly suffers with a credibility problem. Her behavior on that committee spoke for itself. I never want to hear her complain that she is or was treated unfairly. She could of handled being on that committee much differently. She let her animosity for Trump cloud her judgement and now she has to live with the consequences.

She most certainly suffers with a credibility problem. Her behavior on that committee spoke for itself. I never want to hear her complain that she is or was treated unfairly. She could of handled being on that committee much differently. She let her animosity for Trump cloud her judgement and now she has to live with the consequences.
Yes, we covered all that.

She has low credibility with the Trump cultists, because she told the truth and acted with honor and ethics

wow, I though I'd never see the day when Republicans said like father like daughter about a Cheney as if it was a bad thing.

Never.

My mom is rolling her eyes in heaven on that one :)

She didn’t lie about anything. It was the exact opposite, she refused to lie.

Her crime was putting country first, putting country over fealty to dear leader, unlike her coward colleagues. Had she been a good soldier and peddled the lies for dear leader cult45 would be singing her praises.

That’s what got her booted from the new Trumpublican/Cultpublican party, and replaced with a loon, a loon willing to peddle the lies on behalf of dear leader.

She knew going in that it would cost her but she still put the country first.

Last edited:
wow, I though I'd never see the day when Republicans said like father like daughter about a Cheney as if it was a bad thing.

Never.

My mom is rolling her eyes in heaven on that one :)
Cheney was an anchor. Big time warhawk neocon.

Good for her. There does come a reality that no bullshit will cover or turn around what is true.
Donald Trump is a horrible, broken human being. Any scientific person could put all his actions together and realize he's bad for society.
I don't believe her. She lacks credibility. But, the apple does not fall far from the tree.

And beloved by Republicans during the Bush administration. Especially after 911.
It's amazing how popular Bush and Cheney were with Republicans, until they suddenly weren't, when their incompetence could no longer be denied. Of course that was long after they left office.

Good for her. There does come a reality that no bullshit will cover or turn around what is true.
Donald Trump is a horrible, broken human being. Any scientific person could put all his actions together and realize he's bad for society.
Worse yet, far too many on the right continue to lie, deny, whatabout, defend, and deflect for that horrible, broken human being.

The American right is intellectually and morally bankrupt because of their willing emasculation at the hands of Trump.

Back
Top Bottom