• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Living where gas is cheaper

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Rightwingers have been constantly griping that gas prices are high, and that it's obviously Biden's fault. So check this out:

Which country that has lower gas prices than the US would you like to live in instead of here? Nigeria? Russia? Colombia might not be bad if you don't get killed by a cartel member. Ethiopia? Haiti? Pakistan?

But what about the countries that have higher gas prices...is that Biden's fault?

Rightwingers have been constantly griping that gas prices are high, and that it's obviously Biden's fault. So check this out:

Which country that has lower gas prices than the US would you like to live in instead of here? Nigeria? Russia? Colombia might not be bad if you don't get killed by a cartel member. Ethiopia? Haiti? Pakistan?

But what about the countries that have higher gas prices...is that Biden's fault?
Every one complains when gas prices spike, not just right wingers.

What puzzles me is the left wingers who want it high because of the impending climate disaster, then complain about high prices. (Well, we all know why that is,actually, it's killing Dems in the polls.)
I just wish Dems would be honest and say the high prices are for the good in the long term.

It's all biden's fault.

What puzzles me is the left wingers who want it high because of the impending climate disaster, then complain about high prices. (Well, we all know why that is,actually, it's killing Dems in the polls.)
I just wish Dems would be honest and say the high prices are for the good in the long term.
? The dems control the cost of oil?

When you hear Americans upset over the rising price of gasoline, it isn't a comparison of the prices in the US versus the world... It's a comparison of gas prices in the US yesterday versus the price of gas in the US today. What other countries in the world pay for gasoline is of no concern to people in the US, just as what we pay for gas is of no concern to the people in Europe.

The fact is, in America the price of gasoline has gone up substantially for consumers, and most of that increase can be directly linked to the policies imposed by President Biden and his administration. Their loyalty is to the environmentalists within their party, not to the economic prosperity of average, every day Americans. If that weren't true, then they would retract some of the restrictions they put in place and issue new leases so we could produce the oil here at home, rather than attempting to make a deal with Venezuela, the worse managed country in South America who's government considers the US their enemy.

Sure, we all complain, but some of us (me) don't blame the president. I've never blamed a president for high gas prices because I know he doesn't have much control (if any) over prices. Yet that's all I hear from RWers, that's it's all Biden's fault.

As to the other, I don't want high gas prices. I drive too many miles per year to drive an electric vehicle.

When you hear Americans upset over the rising price of gasoline, it isn't a comparison of the prices in the US versus the world... It's a comparison of gas prices in the US yesterday versus the price of gas in the US today. What other countries in the world pay for gasoline is of no concern to people in the US, just as what we pay for gas is of no concern to the people in Europe.

The fact is, in America the price of gasoline has gone up substantially for consumers, and most of that increase can be directly linked to the policies imposed by President Biden and his administration. Their loyalty is to the environmentalists within their party, not to the economic prosperity of average, every day Americans. If that weren't true, then they would retract some of the restrictions they put in place and issue new leases so we could produce the oil here at home, rather than attempting to make a deal with Venezuela, the worse managed country in South America who's government considers the US their enemy.

If gas is going up here, it is going up at pretty much the same rate worldwide. There is nothing unique about the US when it comes to fuel prices.

Note the $8+ dollar per gallon in the Nordic countries - the places the political left wants the US to emulate.

Don’t hate on Colombia. It has a very low cost of living, 1st world living conditions and better healthcare than the US.

'high prices are for the good in the long term'
Except that it isn't, and it won't be, and it'll never be.

I feel bad for all those poor black folks in the inner cities who've had their gas, electric and food bills double under the biden junta.

And 0% chance of medical bankruptcy. Seems like a good trade.

No, you have to include the sky high income tax rates and the 25% VAT they have to pay on whatever they buy. Cars, gasoline, booze, etc, they tax the shit out of everything. An expansive welfare state requires heavy taxation. In Scandinavia, no taxpayer is left behind. Low, middle, high income doesn't matter, everybody grabs their ankles for the grinning taxman.

Is this what you support for the US?

According to them, the entire global supply chain problem is Biden's fault. These aren't rational people. They're not interested in the truth. They're just looking for ways to score points and blame Biden.

For a long time already.

Obama in his own words:

Apparently no concern what so ever for those who'll have to burden those costs.

Starting to hate the political elites. Question becomes, how to get rid of them.

It seems like you don't understand what cap and trade is. That's why you're confused.

KEY TAKEAWAYS​

• Cap-and-trade energy programs are intended to gradually reduce pollution by giving companies an incentive to invest in clean alternatives.
  • The government issues a set amount of permits to companies that comprise a cap on allowed carbon dioxide emissions.
  • Companies that surpass the cap are taxed, while companies that cut their emissions may sell or trade unused credits.
  • The total limit (or cap) on pollution credits declines over time, giving corporations an incentive to find cheaper alternatives.
  • Critics say that caps could be set too high and give companies an excuse to avoid investing in cleaner alternatives for too long.
So he's not advocating higher prices. He's saying that if these companies exceed the caps their product will become increasingly expensive which should hurt their profits.

Note the $8+ dollar per gallon in the Nordic countries - the places the political left wants the US to emulate.
$5.50 in Hungary, a country some RWers want to be more like...

Are you willing to accept other metrics into your whinefest or is it only the parts you don't like?

It seems like you don't understand what cap and trade is. That's why you're confused.

KEY TAKEAWAYS​

• Cap-and-trade energy programs are intended to gradually reduce pollution by giving companies an incentive to invest in clean alternatives.
  • The government issues a set amount of permits to companies that comprise a cap on allowed carbon dioxide emissions.
  • Companies that surpass the cap are taxed, while companies that cut their emissions may sell or trade unused credits.
  • The total limit (or cap) on pollution credits declines over time, giving corporations an incentive to find cheaper alternatives.
  • Critics say that caps could be set too high and give companies an excuse to avoid investing in cleaner alternatives for too long.
So he's not advocating higher prices. He's saying that if these companies exceed the caps their product will become increasingly expensive which should hurt their profits.
You are trying to paper over bullshit, and trying to putting lip stick on a pig.

The bottom line is that Obama and his energy secretary both wanted to increase the cost of fuel and energy (shit, ever leftist does), a cost increase which the bottom 1/2 of the economy can ill afford to pay, with the likely impact of driving many into bankruptcy and government dependence (yet another leftist common theme, vote buying with the tax payer's onw money), and their 'socio-economic theories', which never actualize the intent on which they were sold to the public at large.

If you honestly believe that this was all well intentioned, I'd remined you of the old truism:
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

I don't believe that those proposals were ever 'well intentioned', and find they are more likely to have been driven by insane desire for ever more political control over the electorate. What would be the matter with just leaving the electorate alone?

If you press me hard, I'd might be willing to entertain a carbon foot print tax on all non-businesses, political elite's, their large houses, and the political elite's private jet travel, at say, 100% of the cost of those things, each flight and each year, with at 1,000% fine if caught cheating. Leave the rest of us alone and out of this bullshit. Apply it to yourselves first, to see if it actually works or not.

National gas average currently: $4.07

National gas average one year ago: $2.77

No, you have to include the sky high income tax rates and the 25% VAT they have to pay on whatever they buy. Cars, gasoline, booze, etc, they tax the shit out of everything. An expansive welfare state requires heavy taxation. In Scandinavia, no taxpayer is left behind. Low, middle, high income doesn't matter, everybody grabs their ankles for the grinning taxman.

Is this what you support for the US?

And their poverty rates are massively behind ours. Seems their system works pretty well.

And their poverty rates are massively behind ours. Seems their system works pretty well.

You didn't answer the question. Do you support taxing Americans, including low income Americans, to the same extent they are taxed in Scandinavia?

Are you willing to accept other metrics into your whinefest or is it only the parts you don't like?

Do you mean things like the lack of free speech and highly restrictive gun control laws?

Back
Top Bottom