• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Living where gas is cheaper

The fact is, in America the price of gasoline has gone up substantially for consumers, and most of that increase can be directly linked to the policies imposed by President Biden and his administration

Thats not true.

But thank you for the attempt. (y)

You didn't answer the question. Do you support taxing Americans, including low income Americans, to the same extent they are taxed in Scandinavia?

Along with their rules for things like minimum wage and social welfare networks, sure. It’s a package deal.

If gas was a buck a gallon, they'd bill it as Biden's plan to destroy the oil companies.

Sure, we all complain, but some of us (me) don't blame the president. I've never blamed a president for high gas prices because I know he doesn't have much control (if any) over prices. Yet that's all I hear from RWers, that's it's all Biden's fault.

As to the other, I don't want high gas prices. I drive too many miles per year to drive an electric vehicle.
mostly true. The current high prices have very little to do with Biden.

Rightwingers have been constantly griping that gas prices are high, and that it's obviously Biden's fault. So check this out:

Which country that has lower gas prices than the US would you like to live in instead of here? Nigeria? Russia? Colombia might not be bad if you don't get killed by a cartel member. Ethiopia? Haiti? Pakistan?

But what about the countries that have higher gas prices...is that Biden's fault?
What other countries do about their gas prices in of no concern to the vast majority of Americans.

What other countries do about their gas prices in of no concern to the vast majority of Americans.
Thanks for your unrelated comment.

What in national policy has changed in the last year? 🤔

Biden ended Trump's shutdowns. So people started buying gas again. Now Trump's BFF in Russia is attacking the guy Trump withheld weapons from in his extortion plot a few years back.

Don’t hate on Colombia. It has a very low cost of living, 1st world living conditions and better healthcare than the US.
We are planning on going there this year.

Biden ended Trump's shutdowns. So people started buying gas again. Now Trump's BFF in Russia is attacking the guy Trump withheld weapons from in his extortion plot a few years back.

Because EOs 'targeting fossil fuel industry' always makes them confident and productive, right?

Sure sounds like more 'Rainbows and Unicorns' you want me to believe in.

What action did Biden, or more so his administration, take which 'ended Trump's shutdowns'? Or perhaps even cite what action Trump took which shut them down in the first place?

We are planning on going there this year.
My wife’s mother’s family is originally from Spain but emigrated to Colombia in the 1800s. Her mom was born there and didn’t come to the US until the 1950s. My wife spent several summers there growing up.

Before forewarned Colombian women are some of the most beautiful on the planet.

My wife’s mother’s family is originally from Spain but emigrated to Colombia in the 1800s. Her mom was born there and didn’t come to the US until the 1950s. My wife spent several summers there growing up.

Before forewarned Colombian women are some of the most beautiful on the planet.
My woman is more than enough for me.

So he's not advocating higher prices. He's saying that if these companies exceed the caps their product will become increasingly expensive which should hurt their profits.
YEs that's how companies rect to rising costs, they just settle for lower profits. They never raise prices.

Rightwingers have been constantly griping that gas prices are high, and that it's obviously Biden's fault. So check this out:

Which country that has lower gas prices than the US would you like to live in instead of here? Nigeria? Russia? Colombia might not be bad if you don't get killed by a cartel member. Ethiopia? Haiti? Pakistan?

But what about the countries that have higher gas prices...is that Biden's fault?
LOL, yea only those right wingers are complaining about those high gas prices.

Who does the high gas prices effect the most? Those fat cat republicans? Those rich elite liberals?
Gas prices effect all goods and services. Lower income, middle class and upper middle class are feeling the effects. That includes right, left and people in the center.
Has International, MACK or Peterbilt built electric powered big rigs?

LOL, yea only those right wingers are complaining about those high gas prices.

Who does the high gas prices effect the most? Those fat cat republicans? Those rich elite liberals?
Gas prices effect all goods and services. Lower income, middle class and upper middle class are feeling the effects. That includes right, left and people in the center.
Has International, MACK or Peterbilt built electric powered big rigs?
Rightwingers have been constantly griping that gas prices are high, and that it's obviously Biden's fault.

Thats not true.

But thank you for the attempt. (y)
Democratic Rep. Ro Khanna urged US oil giants ExxonMobil and Chevron to follow in the footsteps of their European rivals in planning to cut production to address the climate crisis.
Khanna cited calls from the United Nations and the International Energy Agency to cut oil and gas production to save the planet.
When Khanna asked if Chevron would commit to lowering production, Wirth declined to do so.

“With all due respect, I’m very proud of our company and what we do,” Wirth said.

Exxon CEO Darren Woods similarly declined to commit to reducing production of oil.

“We are committed to lowering our emissions,” Woods said.

The answers contrasted with those from the executives of BP and Shell, who acknowledged that their companies do plan to reduce production of oil and gas.

Not true? Really?

Democratic Rep. Ro Khanna urged US oil giants ExxonMobil and Chevron to follow in the footsteps of their European rivals in planning to cut production to address the climate crisis.
Khanna cited calls from the United Nations and the International Energy Agency to cut oil and gas production to save the planet.
When Khanna asked if Chevron would commit to lowering production, Wirth declined to do so.

“With all due respect, I’m very proud of our company and what we do,” Wirth said.

Exxon CEO Darren Woods similarly declined to commit to reducing production of oil.

“We are committed to lowering our emissions,” Woods said.

The answers contrasted with those from the executives of BP and Shell, who acknowledged that their companies do plan to reduce production of oil and gas.

Not true? Really?
Reduced production = reduce supply, with the same, or increasing demand, = price increases.
The left want to sacrifice everyone else's economic well being on their 'Climate Crisis' religious alter.

And have wanted higher fuel prices for quite some time already:

Good luck in selling a lower standard of living and less economic well being as a plank in the party platform. :ROFLMAO:
Talk about getting people to vote against their interests.

Note the $8+ dollar per gallon in the Nordic countries - the places the political left wants the US to emulate.
dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. they have mass transit. They have safe bike lanes. Many live close to their jobs. Their quality of life is better. Everything you right wingers say is stupid. Most other countries have great train systems and high speed rails. we get 3-6 lane highways and horrible traffic. You people fight all the measure that could reduce demand and thus not make price increases that problematic. in this country we could have build infrastructure but the oil and gas was making so much money, the hell with that. They set green energy development back decades, and still fight it.

in the US, you can't live without a car except for some cities that have great mass transit. And a hell of a lot better then spending hours in traffic

And those countries don't war monger and prop up dictators to let their companies exploit these countries to give us cheaper gas

The same people that whine about gas to be political hacks, also fight green energy, electric or hybrid cars, mass transit infrastructure, high speed rail, and most importantly, companies paying people livable wages. So as usual, its complete nonsense

So stop pretending you care about the plight of people while you worship corporate greed

Back
Top Bottom