• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Live Updates: Manchin, Sinema Implore Republicans to Support Creation of Jan. 6 Commission

NewfieMom

I read, therefore I am.
Bartender
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Democratic Senators Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema have recently been viewed as road blocks to President Biden's most daring initiatives for the country and, therefore, as potentially closer to the Republican Party than to the Democratic Party. It is therefore ironic that it is these two relatively conservative Democratic Senators who are trying the hardest to persuade Republicans to join the Democrats in forming a bi-partisan "9/11 style commission" to investigate the January 6 insurrection. Why would they be taking the position they are? One possibility is that a Democratic led inquiry, like the Republican led inquiries into Benghazi, might be worse for the Republicans.

“'We implore our Senate Republican colleagues to work with us to find a path forward on a commission to examine the events of January 6,' the senators wrote in a joint statement.

The maneuvering amounted to a long-shot effort to salvage what may be the best chance at a full, bipartisan accounting for the most violent attack on the Capitol in centuries and a stunning series of security failures around it. Modeled after the panel that studied the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, the proposed commission would produce a report of its findings and recommendations to prevent a repeat. It was also bipartisan; crafted with the input of a key Republican, the commission won 35 Republican votes in the House.

Still, G.O.P. leaders have moved swiftly to try to destroy its chances in the Senate amid fears of political fallout for their party of any close examination of the assault by a pro-Trump mob."

How is it that hundreds have already been arrested (and many held without bail for months on end)? Oh, that's right. INVESTIGATIONS.

So the Republican Lite Senators want people to stop being current Republican.

Sorry, no one buys it.

How is it that hundreds have already been arrested (and many held without bail for months on end)? Oh, that's right. INVESTIGATIONS.

Who? How many? What reasons?

Law & Order, my guy. You not about that anymore?

What idiots. How do you put this out and not have a plan for when the GOP inevitably ignores this?

Today, in the autonomous zone known as "George Floyd Square", a driveby shooting happened as cameras rolled and reporters were broadcasting live.
Do you know how many police officers responded after 3 dozen shots rang out?
Zero.
Law and order, my guy.

This goes deeper than this. I know you are scared

Democratic Senators Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema have recently been viewed as road blocks to President Biden's most daring initiatives for the country and, therefore, as potentially closer to the Republican Party than to the Democratic Party. It is therefore ironic that it is these two relatively conservative Democratic Senators who are trying the hardest to persuade Republicans to join the Democrats in forming a bi-partisan "9/11 style commission" to investigate the January 6 insurrection. Why would they be taking the position they are? One possibility is that a Democratic led inquiry, like the Republican led inquiries into Benghazi, might be worse for the Republicans.

“'We implore our Senate Republican colleagues to work with us to find a path forward on a commission to examine the events of January 6,' the senators wrote in a joint statement.

The maneuvering amounted to a long-shot effort to salvage what may be the best chance at a full, bipartisan accounting for the most violent attack on the Capitol in centuries and a stunning series of security failures around it. Modeled after the panel that studied the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, the proposed commission would produce a report of its findings and recommendations to prevent a repeat. It was also bipartisan; crafted with the input of a key Republican, the commission won 35 Republican votes in the House.

Still, G.O.P. leaders have moved swiftly to try to destroy its chances in the Senate amid fears of political fallout for their party of any close examination of the assault by a pro-Trump mob."

Problem for the Rs is time frames and its effect on the 22 races.
Do they want to hear about Trumps fups going on for months on MSM? Nope
They gotta keep up with the Big Lie
Liars gotta get elected

Do you realize that one is a criminal investigation of an individual(s) action on 1/6. Such an investigation will most likely not "investigate" the root cause.
A commission investigation would look at the cause and most likely not the criminal aspect of the event.

Some have used the 9/11 event for comparison. There were criminal investigations, there were technical investigation (why the building fell), and there were investigation into why the event took place .

So what are you afraid of a commission may find?

Bail is only offered to those that are not a flight risk or a danger to the community. Guess which one applies to the ones in jail?

Today, in the autonomous zone known as "George Floyd Square",

Your distraction is stupid, I'm really not the person to try it with.

You dont want investigations into events the right wing says were caused by antifa and BLM. I want the right wing to find all the BLM agitators and antifa infiltrations at January 6th.

What's wrong my guy? Are we not about law & order anymore?

It's better for Reps to vote it down so that can call an investigation by all Dems as just another witch hunt.

Why would they be taking the position they are? One possibility is that a Democratic led inquiry, like the Republican led inquiries into Benghazi, might be worse for the Republicans.
They're not Republicans. I think it's probably more "We scratch your back, now you scratch ours."

I wonder if Max Baucus is still trying to win Susan Collins over to Oobsmacare.

Today, in the autonomous zone known as "George Floyd Square", a driveby shooting happened as cameras rolled and reporters were broadcasting live.
Do you know how many police officers responded after 3 dozen shots rang out?
Zero.
Law and order, my guy.

Are you sure about that?

Elder said police responded to reports of gunfire at 10:09 a.m. local time.

Also, it was a journalist taking footage of a spot several blocks over and he was most certainly not broadcasting live. Maybe you should check your sources before posting.

Last edited:

Ordering Federal troops to attack rightfully assembled peaceful protestors in front of the White House is not law and order.

Neither if fomenting riots and insurrections.

Now, if you want to be a facist all of that is A OK.

Do you not understand the point of a commission?
Did you understand the point of the 9-11 commission?

Had the rioters been foreigners or BLM the Republicans would be screaming for a special commission but it was Trump supporters egged on by Trump himself and to investigate them would be to admit something intolerable happened and they can't be doing that!

The Capitol was attacked while Congress was in session. Every single elected official, except one, including the VP was put in harm's way. The security breach is incredibly serious, if these rag-tagTrumpers can do it so could terrorists. To not investigate it is an incredible dereliction of duty.

Had the rioters been foreigners or BLM the Republicans would be screaming for a special commission but it was Trump supporters egged on by Trump himself and to investigate them would be to admit something intolerable happened and they can't be doing that!

The Capitol was attacked while Congress was in session. Every single elected official, except one, including the VP was put in harm's way. The security breach is incredibly serious, if these rag-tagTrumpers can do it so could terrorists. To not investigate it is an incredible dereliction of duty.
Oh, if antifa or BLM invaded the Capitol, the House and Senate would be investigations 24/7. No other legislation would get passed. Literally thousands upon thousands of people would be arrested, thousands of people would be forced to testify. This would go on for 4 years.

Nope, I saw a man broadcasting from the POLICE-FREE AUTONOMOUS ZONE in Minneapolis, where gunshots ring out on the regular. You can try to deflect, but the fact is that crime is exploding there and violence is a hallmark of the BLM-ravaged communities in the wake of their riots, burning, looting and murder.

The last thing the Republicans in Congress need is a parade of numb skull Trumpsters swearing under oath that they were inspired to do what they did because the president had told them the election was a sham. That will not help them get re-elected. Therefore, the commission must not happen.

GOP: Happen again? Who ****ing cares? If I don't get re-elected, I sure don't.

Back
Top Bottom