• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Live Or Die Around Trump. The Future of all Republicans

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
One member of the debate board just brought out an article that shows clearly the rising fact that the Republican Party is now totally throwing themselves into a "live or die" scenario around Trump for its future.

This is clearly shown by what is happening to Liz Cheney.

This is Trump as puppeteer, with McCarthy and Scalise dancing to his preferred tune. Still don't believe me? Check this out: According to the conservative Heritage Action group, Cheney's lifetime vote score is 80%. Stefanik's is 48%. And even when it comes to votes in support of Trump, calculations done by 538 show that Cheney voted with the former president 92.9% of the time while Stefanik backed him 77.7% of the time.

So, yeah. This isn't about conservatism. Or even, really, supporting Trump's agenda while in office. This is about Cheney drawing a line in the sand over the events of January 6, as well as the runup to that day and its aftermath, all centered on Trump arguing, contra all available evidence, that the 2020 election was stolen. And yes, Stefanik voted to object to the Electoral College count in Pennsylvania on the same day that the Capitol was overrun by Trump-inspired rioters.

If you needed any more evidence that the Republican Party is currently a cult loving group that revolves around Trump, the fall of Cheney and rise of Stefanik should help convince you.

Any excuses as to why Cheney is being dumped are just excuses. She stood up on the principle that Trump was a bad president and a bad man and that has become inexcusable for the base. Morals, ethics, principles, and humanity, as well as the Conservative values that the Republican Party is supposed to represent have been thrown out the window.

This is now about the base supporting ONE MAN and everything he says and represents. A man that has proven himself to be incompetent, egoistic, sociopathic, unintelligent, and disrespectful of others. This is now the idol of the right. The one person that can say and do what he personally wants and is guaranteed to have 70 millions loving dogs licking his hands.

kissingtrumpsass.jpg

Is this what you want the United States to become? An idol worshipping nation?

Will you now be willing to strap dynamite to your bodies for the pleasure of enjoying Trump's favor in Hell?

The way I see it, is that this is the beginning of the end of the Republican Party. In the future it will be known as the Trump party or not exist at all.

Romney, Kasich, and even McConnell are leaving or are no longer representative of the party. Even John McCain (a hero) is likely turning in his grave.

Last edited:
Pledging fealty to the former President is more important than a conservative voting record. A “real“republican is a Trump myrmidon.

Everyone else gets labeled a RINO,Neo-Con,etc...

Just to be clear, what "is happening" to Cheney is that people are criticizing her.

Just to be clear, what "is happening" to Cheney is that people are criticizing her.
Yes, they are criticizing her because she stood up for her beliefs that Trump should have been impeached. She stood up for morals, ethics, principles and humanity, which is something that no longer exists in the Trump party.

The GOP abandoned any semblance of conservatism at least 13 years ago with the election of President Obama. All the things "conservatives" supposedly believed during Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II are gone. It's no longer about small government, sensible spending, debt reduction, fiscal conservatism, or anything like that. It's now just about power. And stickin' it to da libzzzzzz. They have allowed Trump to be foisted to the leader of the GOP and the rank and file have bent the knee and kissed the right. It's now time to get rid of anyone who will not. Liz is the first that'll go, likely. Mitt will be on that list. And they'll just work their way through until there are nothing but Trump Yes-men left standing.

Cheney votes more than 95% of the time with Republicans. Cheney, unlike Trump, never donated to Kamala Harris or Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer or Bill and Hillary Clinton. Cheney was never a liberal or a Democrat, all of which Trump was at many various times.

Cheney put country before Trump. That's what the Republicans used to look for. When they weren't a party of assholes following that fraud Trump.

Cheney votes more than 95% of the time with Republicans. Cheney, unlike Trump, never donated to Kamala Harris or Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer or Bill and Hillary Clinton. Cheney was never a liberal or a Democrat, all of which Trump was at many various times.

Cheney put country before Trump. That's what the Republicans used to look for. When they weren't a party of assholes following that fraud Trump.
Republicans will now have to shut up and not say anything against Biden and the Democrats, given that they do not have a leg to stand on based on what they have done to their own.. How can the criticize others if they are not able to even criticize themselves when bad actions are taken. I will not listen to one single Republican supporter until they first acknowledge their own faults.

One member of the debate board just brought out an article that shows clearly the rising fact that the Republican Party is now totally throwing themselves into a "live or die" scenario around Trump for its future.

This is Trump as puppeteer, with McCarthy and Scalise dancing to his preferred tune. Still don't believe me? Check this out: According to the conservative Heritage Action group, Cheney's lifetime vote score is 80%. Stefanik's is 48%. And even when it comes to votes in support of Trump, calculations done by 538 show that Cheney voted with the former president 92.9% of the time while Stefanik backed him 77.7% of the time.

So, yeah. This isn't about conservatism. Or even, really, supporting Trump's agenda while in office. This is about Cheney drawing a line in the sand over the events of January 6, as well as the runup to that day and its aftermath, all centered on Trump arguing, contra all available evidence, that the 2020 election was stolen. And yes, Stefanik voted to object to the Electoral College count in Pennsylvania on the same day that the Capitol was overrun by Trump-inspired rioters.

If you needed any more evidence that the Republican Party is currently a cult loving group that revolves around Trump, the fall of Cheney and rise of Stefanik should help convince you.

Any excuses as to why Cheney is being dumped are just excuses. She stood up on the principle that Trump was a bad president and a bad man and that has become inexcusable for the base. Morals, ethics, principles, and humanity, as well as the Conservative values that the Republican Party is supposed to represent have been thrown out the window.

This is now about the base supporting ONE MAN and everything he says and represents. A man that has proven himself to be incompetent, egoistic, sociopathic, unintelligent, and disrespectful of others. This is now the idol of the right. The one person that can say and do what he personally wants and is guaranteed to have 70 millions loving dogs licking his hands.

View attachment 67331980

Will you now be willing to strap dynamite to your bodies for the pleasure of enjoying Trump's favor in Hell?

The way I see it, is that this is the beginning of the end of the Republican Party. In the future it will be known as the Trump party or not exist at all.

Romney, Kasich, and even McConnell are leaving or are no longer representative of the party. Even John McCain (a hero) is likely turning in his grave.
What you don't understand is this: It's not about Trump. Trump is simply the guy who the Republican rank and file have chosen to be their representative. They aren't following him...he's following them.

Now...those other GOP Elites you talk about...they have a choice: Do what their rank and file want...or go away. They can TRY to have it both ways, but it won't work.

What you don't understand is this: It's not about Trump. Trump is simply the guy who the Republican rank and file have chosen to be their representative. They aren't following him...he's following them.

Now...those other GOP Elites you talk about...they have a choice: Do what their rank and file want...or go away. They can TRY to have it both ways, but it won't work.
Thank you for admitting that the GOP, and Republican Americans, are happily and voluntarily the Party of Assholes. It's kinda nice when a large group of people shed their disguises and walk into the light. I applaud the GOP's pursuit of ideologic purity and willingly shrinking their tent. That'll get rid of them faster.

Thank you for admitting that the GOP, and Republican Americans, are happily and voluntarily the Party of Assholes. It's kinda nice when a large group of people shed their disguises and walk into the light. I applaud the GOP's pursuit of ideologic purity and willingly shrinking their tent. That'll get rid of them faster.
"Assholes" is your characterization. Not mine nor theirs.

It is very nice when a group of people decide not to be led around by dishonest, self-serving politicians. The Republican rank and file have served notice to their politicians to work for them...or be gone.

She parrots Democrat talking points and is a detriment to the party. She has not acted like the #3 person in the party especially since she is in charge of communications.

She’s appropriately fired

Correct, but why? She isn't republican enough? Of course that's not the reason. We all know it's because the trump supporters are pissed at her for not towing the trump line. She's being booted for not going along with the lie trump won the election

Tell us the cancel culture story again but this time with romney and cheney in it..

Correct, but why?
For repeatedly undermining her party.

I know. I know. The Republicans are just supposed to accept having fifth columnists in leadership. It's not like they're Democrats who can actually expect their leaders to tow the party line.

For repeatedly undermining her party.

I know. I know. The Republicans are just supposed to accept having fifth columnists in leadership. It's not like they're Democrats who can actually expect their leaders to tow the party line.
Face it, toe the trump line or be ousted is much more accurate. It's ok with me, I enjoy watching the gop eat each other.

View attachment 67331980

Lol...To Trump with Love.

I thought they were considering removing her from committee assignments, running against her in the primaries, etc. A bit different from criticism.

Face it, toe the trump line or be ousted is much more accurate. It's ok with me, I enjoy watching the gop eat each other.
How is she a fifth columnist?

It is very nice when a group of people decide not to be led around by dishonest, self-serving politicians. The Republican rank and file have served notice to their politicians to work for them...or be gone.
Not work for them, for the party, for the country... It's always been work for Trump. Haven't you been paying attention?

View attachment 67331980

Sounds better than the racist anti american scenario of the democrats.

She parrots Democrat talking points and is a detriment to the party. She has not acted like the #3 person in the party especially since she is in charge of communications.

She’s appropriately fired
What?

Evidently you did not read the article enclosed in the OP.

Here it is again:

Cheney's lifetime vote for Party lines and platform score is 80%. Stefanik's is 48%. And even when it comes to votes in support of Trump, calculations done by 538 voting opportunities show that Cheney voted with the former president 92.9% of the time while Stefanik backed him 77.7% of the time.

So where in this statement is she "parroting Democratic talking points and is a detriment to the party"? Explain (if you can).

Especially explain why they are voting in someone that has a lesser track record of support Republican platforms.

The only thing Stefanik has done is back Donald Trump in the January 6th insurrection as well as is backing him in the "the election was rigged". Everything else, Stefanik has proven to be less supportive of Republican platform than Cheney.

If you are going to just open your mouth to say these ridiculous accusations, you better have your facts backing you up. Otherwise, it is just biased-for-Trump BS.

How is she a fifth columnist?

Not work for them, for the party, for the country... It's always been work for Trump. Haven't you been paying attention?
The Republican rank and file IS the Party.

For one time I agree with you totally, Mycroft.

You are absolutely correct that the Republicans rank and file have served notice to their politicians to work for them, or begone. Forget serving the nation! Forget Democracy! Forget morals, ethics, principles and humanity! Forget about doing what is right! If you do not follow the cult leader blindly, you are OUT!

I can see you finally understand that this is not the United States of America but the United-for-Trump States of America. Hail to our leader!

You, Mycroft, have earned a leadership role, having proven your loyalty to Trump, over and over again. From now on, we will address you as Mycroft Von Bormann

HeilTrump1.jpg

Last edited:
What?

Evidently you did not read the article enclosed in the OP.

Here it is again:

Cheney's lifetime vote for Party lines and platform score is 80%. Stefanik's is 48%. And even when it comes to votes in support of Trump, calculations done by 538 voting opportunities show that Cheney voted with the former president 92.9% of the time while Stefanik backed him 77.7% of the time.

So where in this statement is she "parroting Democratic talking points and is a detriment to the party"? Explain (if you can).

Especially explain why they are voting in someone that has a lesser track record of support Republican platforms.

The only thing Stefanik has done is back Donald Trump in the January 6th insurrection as well as is backing him in the "the election was rigged". Everything else, Stefanik has proven to be less supportive of Republican platform than Cheney.

If you are going to just open your mouth to say these ridiculous accusations, you better have your facts backing you up. Otherwise, it is just biased-for-Trump BS.
Cheney has already said she would no support Trump if he were to run and win again. She needs to go. If the republican voters elect him, she should support that or go home.

For one time I agree with you totally, Mycroft.

You are absolutely correct that the Republicans rank and file have served notice to their politicians to work for them, or begone.

~snipped your hyperbole, lies and nonsense~
Thank you for agreeing with me.

(But you won't get a like because I had to snip your bullshit.)

Back
Top Bottom