• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Live man declared dead by court

So he no longer has to cover any of his debts including the child support, or pay taxes, or sign up for Obamacare. But he can still vote. I don't see the problem.

So, when he gets his driver's license renewed - does it say "Dead?" :lol:

So he no longer has to cover any of his debts including the child support, or pay taxes, or sign up for Obamacare. But he can still vote. I don't see the problem.

H8clR.gif

We should have an opposite of Nobel prize awards.

He now has the proverbial "get out of jail free" card for life - double indemnity.

I feel for the ex wife. Why would she have to repay Social Security death benefits? The dirtbag dropped off the face of the earth. They thought he was dead. He walked away from his family without a word, for how many years? He walked away to keep from paying child support, and ended up one of those hobos in the Keys that panhandles for money for whiskey.

Let him stay dead. He's a blight to society.

I feel for the ex wife. Why would she have to repay Social Security death benefits? The dirtbag dropped off the face of the earth. They thought he was dead. He walked away from his family without a word, for how many years? He walked away to keep from paying child support, and ended up one of those hobos in the Keys that panhandles for money for whiskey.

Exactly. He disappeared to avoid payment on his obligations, and now has returned expecting those obligations to have magically dissolved so he can now reclaim his SS # AND SS benefits... which means his ex-wife has to repay all the SS survivor benefits received to help her raise her children. The guy is a jerk. No sympathy from me.

You know the law has failed when someone is declared legally dead and the court can't change it's ruling when the guy is sitting right there in the court room. :doh

Last edited:
Exactly. He disappeared to avoid payment on his obligations, and now has returned expecting those obligations to have magically dissolved so he can now reclaim his SS # AND SS benefits... which means his ex-wife has to repay all the SS survivor benefits received to help her raise her children. The guy is a jerk. No sympathy from me.

I agree.

You know the law has failed when someone is declared legally dead and the court can't change it's ruling when the guy is sitting right there in the court room. :doh

They ought to reinstate his identity, and then promptly throw him jail for nonpayment of child support.

I was thinking the same. I guess that means any debts should be wiped clean. :lol:

But if he's legally dead then he doesn't have to pay his debts.

But if he's legally dead then he doesn't have to pay his debts.

By the time he was declared legally dead, in 1994, he was $26,000 in arrears on child support. So give him his name back, throw him in jail and leave him there until he pays off that $26,000 + interest. He was still legally alive while he was accruing debt.

Back
Top Bottom