• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

LIVE: Kabbalat Shabbat Service

Centrist

Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Not a religious person, more like an agnostic. The music is great though.

Every Friday I sit and listen for about 1 hour. Lately, I have been attending from home.

This is the link for this Friday:

Why?

Why not listen to Pink Floyd instead?
Or Tool?
Or maybe learn to play guitar?
Does it bother you? If it does, is because you are trying to control something that you can't. I listen to music too, normally in the morning instead of drinking coffee.

That you’re an “agnostic“.

Perhaps the best question is what does the word “agnostic” mean to you?
Agnostic to me means not in the following category:

a) Religious nut.

b) Arrogant atheist.

Normally the people b) are people that are driving only the automatic car. They are cocky and forget it all started from the manual car which is a). Let me guess, you think you would have found right and wrong eventually? What's the gamble on that?

People in a), the religious nuts think by driving the manual car is enough and view progress as a threat to their way of driving.

So to answer your question based on the above theory.

An agnostic to me is:

I drive the automatic car but remember with somewhat respect that it all started with the manual car.

Agnostic means not in the following category:

a) Religious nut.

b) Arrogant atheist.

Normally the people b) are people that are driving the automatic car. They are cocky and forget it all started from the manual car which is a). Let me guess, you think you would have found right and wrong eventually? What's the gamble on that?

People in a), the religious nuts think by driving the manual car is enough and view progress as a threat to their way of driving.

So to answer your question based on the above theory.

An agnostic to me is:

I drive the automatic car but remember that it all started with the manual car.
Sort of a non-answer don’t ya think?

Why would an “agnostic“ take part in (listen to) an hour long religious service one a week?

Why would an “agnostic“ take part in (listen to) an hour long religious service one a week?
It serves as a calibration method. Is well documented that if you step away from your box (regular life) for a bit -> when you come back to it, you view things more clearly.

It serves as a calibration method. Is well documented that if you step away from your box (regular life) for a bit -> when you come back to it, you view things more clearly.
Do you also step out of your box with Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Mormonism, Sikhism, ….. ?

Do you also step out of your box with Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Mormonism, Sikhism, ….. ?
Buddhism yes
Islam I have been in a few mosques
Hinduism did not have the opportunity.
Mormonism no, I have been in reformed Christian churches.
Sikhism did not have the opportunity.

Last edited:
Buddhism yes
Islam I have been in a few mosques
Hinduism did not have the opportunity.
Mormonism no, I have been in reformed Christian churches.
Sikhism did not have the opportunity.
Ive found Sikhs to be generally pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom