• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Live at 3:30pm EDT AG LorettaLynch to announce a law enforcement action relat [W:119]

Re: Live at 3:30pm EDT AG LorettaLynch to announce a law enforcement action related t

Except of course they're not in violation of the civil rights act. There is no protections written into law that they violated. What she is speaking towards is a determination she made up all on her little own. What she is doing here is trying to enforce law she made up out of her ass.

Our problem here is the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals just this year made a ruling with Supreme Court implications, using US Department of Education policy the Court decided that the the School Board in Virginia discriminated against transgender student when it required him to use the bathroom that reflected his "biological gender."

The set up is there for this to be applied by ruling with at least some degree of precedence on this matter, in a slightly different context on State law for bathroom use.

While you are correct on what is and is not a protected class, various States have made a mess of this issue to disparate results. As such, the States screwed this up and it will end up a Supreme Court case ruling that might have far reaching implications.

We just do not know how this will turn out with an arguably 4-4 Court at the moment.

Re: Live at 3:30pm EDT AG LorettaLynch to announce a law enforcement action related t

the state used sex/gender as the basis of its law prohibiting access to particular public rest rooms
it wantonly violated the civil rights act

Can you perhaps explain how? Keep in mind I don't buy into the story of what these people say about themselves nor is it scientifically correct.

Our problem here is the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals just this year made a ruling with Supreme Court implications, using US Department of Education policy the Court decided that the the School Board in Virginia discriminated against transgender student when it required him to use the bathroom that reflected his "biological gender."

The set up is there for this to be applied by ruling with at least some degree of precedence on this matter, in a slightly different context on State law for bathroom use.

While you are correct on what is and is not a protected class, various States have made a mess of this issue to disparate results. As such, the States screwed this up and it will end up a Supreme Court case ruling that might have far reaching implications.

We just do not know how this will turn out with an arguably 4-4 Court at the moment.

in a 4-4 SC decision the appeals court determination would be allowed to stand
the precedent of that trans student, being allowed to use the facilities of the gender with which they most identified, would prevail

in a 4-4 SC decision the appeals court determination would be allowed to stand
the precedent of that trans student, being allowed to use the facilities of the gender with which they most identified, would prevail

Where is gender identity a protected class? His gender is his born gender, his gender identity is whatever it is. To claim they are one in the same is nonsense, imho.

Btw, you should be grateful I used the preferred pronouns there.

No one is getting arrested.

And let me see if I get this straight. North Carolina Legislators and the Governor pass a discriminatory, bigoted, and awful piece of legislation that does absolutely nothing to keep anyone "safe" and also is not actively enforced no matter what anyone says... and that is "State's right to have law."

The Federal Government steps in to protect those North Carolina is going after... and the Federal Government is "totalitarian" here? That is your collective story?

How did they discriminate again ? By giving women and girls a say in who can and cant share a restroom with them ?

Question, do you have a problem with a grown man in Mans clothing sharing a restroom with young girls and women?

Good grief

NC announced a few hours ago that they were going to sue the DoJ over the enforcement action.

DoJ is obviously about to respond.

Those who are still afraid of Jade Helm are welcome to hide under their beds.

Can you perhaps explain how? Keep in mind I don't buy into the story of what these people say about themselves nor is it scientifically correct.

what you buy is not a concern
it is how the individuals see themselves

what you buy is not a concern
it is how the individuals see themselves

Which is factually incorrect. Why should I be forced to concern myself with claims that are scientifically wrong?

And btw, saying what I think isn't a concern isn't going to win me over anytime soon.

Which is factually incorrect. Why should I be forced to concern myself with claims that are scientifically wrong?

you choose to be concerned
or not

you choose to be concerned
or not

I'll have to remember that if I ever start a business in NYC or visit Washington.

They're not really going to have this new conference, are they?

She is late to her presser.

the state used sex/gender as the basis of its law prohibiting access to particular public rest rooms
it wantonly violated the civil rights act

The only way you can maintain that is if you maintain having separate bathrooms based on sex violates the CRA. If you do, fine. If not, then the state is well within its power to say: boys use the boys room, girls use the girls room. Now, legally, who is a boy and who is a girl? That is recorded on state-issued birth certificates.

Talk about a tempest in an SJW teapot.

curious
what exactly would you be able to do to stop that arrest?

First of all, the DOJ is not going to arrest the governor of NC, Hillary, maybe, but not North Carolina's governor, because it's a civil law fight, not a criminal law fight. The OP was hyperbolic, and I responded in kind.

How did they discriminate again ? By giving women and girls a say in who can and cant share a restroom with them ?

Question, do you have a problem with a grown man in Mans clothing sharing a restroom with young girls and women?

The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals already went through this, it is discriminatory.

And no, I am not worried about my wife and/or daughter sharing a bathroom with a transgender (who may have been born a man.) Those are not the people out to harm people.

I worry about people like Jared Fogle, Jerry Sandusky, Roman Polanski, Jeffrey Epstein, a vast number of priests... all of whom like to play with little boys and girls. Those generally older white "straight" guys are the problem.

And speaking of law, this NC law is damn near worthless. There is no active enforcement of checking who can go into what bathroom, it is all after the fact and complaint based. We are going to see numerous problems from NC's little law here that will safeguard *no one* regardless.

She's suing NC to protect the Constitutionally granted rights for men to use ladies' rooms.

This bitch should be arrested.

When you use words like that, it's difficult to take your posts seriously. Why not say she is incompetent, or sucks at her job, instead of calling her a female dog.

She's suing NC to protect the Constitutionally granted rights for men to use ladies' rooms.

The best part is that this can only logically lead to unisex bathrooms and locker rooms. How fun.

Last edited:

When you use words like that, it's difficult to take your posts seriously. Why not say she is incompetent, or sucks at her job, instead of calling her a female dog.

Because she's a bitch. I guess she is bad at her job, but I wasn't really speaking to that.

I don't care for male feminists, so this is the end of the discussion.

Threatening withholding of federal funds.

running script from the video (all caps unfortunately)

ATT. GEN. LYNCH: GOOD AFTERNOON, LADIES AND GERMAN. THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE. I’M JOINED BY THE HEAD OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS DIVISION HERE AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE. WE ARE HERE TO ANNOUNCE A SIGNIFICANT LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTION REGARDING NORTH CAROLINA’S PUBLIC FACILITIES ACT KNOWN AS HOUSE BILL NUMBER TWO. THE NORTH CAROLINA GENERAL ASSEMBLY PASSED HOUSE BILL NUMBER TWO IN SPECIAL SESSION ON MARCH 23 OF THIS YEAR. THE BILL’S SHOT — THE BILL SOUGHT TO STRIKE DOWN AN ANTIDISCRIMINATION PROVISION IN A RECENTLY PASSED ORDINANCE AS WELL AS TO REQUIRE TRANSGENDER PEOPLE IN PUBLIC FACILITIES TO USE BATHROOMS CONSISTENT WITH THEIR SEX AS NOTED AT BIRTH RATHER THAN THEIR GENDER IDENTITY. THE BILL WAS SIGNED INTO LAW THAT SAME DAY. IN SO DOING, THE LEGISLATURE AND THE GOVERNOR PASTE NORTH CAROLINA — PLACED NORTH CAROLINA IN PROHIBITION AGAINST FEDERAL LAW BASED ON SEX AND GENDER IDENTITY. REPORTEDLY, THEY CREATED STATE-SPONSORED DISCRIMINATION AGAINST TRANSGENDERED INDIVIDUALS WHO SEEK TO ENGAGE IN MOST PRIVATE OF FUNCTIONS IN A PLACE OF SAFETY AND SECURITY, A RIGHT TAKEN FOR GRANTED BY MOST OF US. LAST WEEK, OUR CIVIL RIGHTS DIVISION NOTIFIED INDIVIDUALS IN NORTH CAROLINA THAT HOUSE BILL NUMBER TWO VIOLATES FEDERAL CIVIL LIGHT — CIVIL RIGHTS LAWS. WE ASK THEY CERTIFY BY THE END OF THE DAY THEY WILL NOT COMPLY WITH OR IMPLEMENT THE RESTRICTIONS ON RESTROOM ACCESS AND AN EXTENSION WAS REQUESTED BY NORTH CAROLINA AND WAS UNDER ACTIVE CONSIDERATION. INSTEAD OF REPLYING TO OUR OFFER OR APPLYING FOR CERTIFICATION, THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA AND ITS GOVERNOR CHOSE TO RESPOND BY SUING THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE. AS A RESULT OF THEIR DECISIONS, WE ARE NOW MOVING FORWARD. TODAY, WE ARE FILING A FEDERAL CIVIL RIGHTS LAWSUIT AGAINST THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA. GOVERNOR PATRICK CORI, THE NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA. WE ARE SEEKING A COURT ORDER DECLARING THE LAW DISCRIMINATORY AS WELL AS A BAR ON IT. I WANT TO KNOW WE RETAIN THE OPTION OF CURTAILING FEDERAL FUNDING TO THE NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AS THIS CASE PROCEEDS. THIS ACTION IS ABOUT A GREAT DEAL MORE THAN BATHROOMS. THIS IS ABOUT THE DIGNITY AND RESPECT WE ACCORD OUR FELLOW CITIZENS AND THE LAW WE AS CITIZENS AND A COUNTRY HAVEN’T ACTED TO PROTECT THEM. IT IS ABOUT THE FOUNDING IDEALS THAT HAVE LED TO THIS COUNTRY, HALTINGLY INEXORABLY IN THE DIRECTION OF FAIRNESS, INCLUSION, AND EQUALITY FOR ALL AMERICANS. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE SEEN DISCRIMINATORY RESPONSES TO HISTORIC MOMENTS OF PROGRESS TO OUR NATION. WE SAW IT IN THE JIM CROW LAWS THAT FOLLOW THE EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION.
(continue)

Fascinating. They threaten to withhold federal funds over this but seek to protect federal funding of elective medical procedures.

It's grandstanding.

Because she's a bitch. I guess she is bad at her job, but I wasn't really speaking to that.

I don't care for male feminists, so this is the end of the discussion.

Bye bye

You mean you got smacked and your running off to lick wounds like a "bitch" ? That is the proper context for the word, just an example

Bye bye

You mean you got smacked and your running off to lick wounds like a "bitch" ? That is the proper context for the word, just an example

No, I mean I'm going to deal with male feminists complain about word usage.

Back
Top Bottom