• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Live: 10 people, including two foreigners, rescued from Dhaka restaurant

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Dhaka: Bangladesh police storm restaurant to rescue hostages | Live updates - The Hindu
Live: 10 people, including two foreigners, rescued from Dhaka restaurant

Five Bangladeshis rescued unharmed in the first few minutes of the operation; more than 100 commandos fighting to free hostages.

Unidentified attackers traded gunfire with police on Friday night near the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in high-security Gulshan diplomatic area in the Bangladesh capital. At least 20 civilians, including foreigners, are believed to be held hostage.

At a glance:
The hostage crisis has been going on since 9.30 pm on Friday night.
Cafe in high-security Gulshan attacked by group of gunmen, heavy gunfire exchanged with police.
Two police officers dead and 30 injured.
Television channels have stopped live broadcasts from scene.
Gulshan is one of the most highly guarded areas of Dhaka as many foreign missions are located in the area. …………….
With time line below…………
News report from The Hindu

LIVE: 10 hostages taken to hospital, according to Bangladesh media
LIVE: 10 hostages taken to hospital, according to Bangladesh media | The Indian Express

Bangladesh hostage crisis over after troops storm restaurant
Bangladesh hostage crisis over after troops storm restaurant - The Rakyat Post - The Rakyat Post

I'm really glad they didn't call Hillary first.

they are trying to figure out if it's ISIS but they think it may not be

this could have been much worse but it's still horrific

ISIS has claimed responsibility........

But CIA think it is more like an al Qaeda operation.....

Now I'm REALLY glad they didn't call Hillary first.

Dang, I was watching Fox trash Hillary and Obama until a few minutes ago. I didn't realize this was going on.

At least 20 civilians and 2 police officers killed. Most of the civilians are Japanese and Italian tourists. ISIS claimed responsibility.

At least 20 civilians and 2 police officers killed. Most of the civilians are Japanese and Italian tourists. ISIS claimed responsibility.

Does anyone else find it offensive when the media quickly announces no Americans killed when something like this happens? It's like thank God there were no americans killed. **** everyone else.

Does anyone else find it offensive when the media quickly announces no Americans killed when something like this happens? It's like thank God there were no americans killed. **** everyone else.

Not really. This happened not to far from the American embassy. Also it is natural no matter which country you are from to want to know about your fellow citizens are.

Actually, I think the Art of Politicizing Tragic Events has been mastered by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Please allow me to refer you to the ceremony on the tarmac when our heroes returned from Benghazi. While we're at it, we probably shouldn't forget that the entire democrat party blamed the carnage in Orlando on the NRA and the Republican Party. I'll point to other similar episodes of you like, but this should suffice.

Actually, I think the Art of Politicizing Tragic Events has been mastered by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Please allow me to refer you to the ceremony on the tarmac when our heroes returned from Benghazi. While we're at it, we probably shouldn't forget that the entire democrat party blamed the carnage in Orlando on the NRA and the Republican Party. I'll point to other similar episodes of you like, but this should suffice.

And here I was just thinking that the dead at Dhaka were the victims.

Back
Top Bottom