• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Little Rock school district will now make teachers wear underwear

Fascists. Next they'll be requiring them to wear clothes and shoes as well.

How are they going to check for underwear?

And this was realized to be a problem, how?

Ms. Campbell in 9th grade... now that teacher... OMG. And she wore pants and sweaters, baggy ones. I can't imagine what would have happened if... OMG!!! We'd have never left the room or the school.

What about camera phones? Any evidence that we can see? Purely to determine the accuracy of the problem that is.

I hate fascists. :(

How are they going to check for underwear?
They could have the school bully check them.

If he reaches in there and comes up with nothing but dingle berries and ass hair then it's a violation.

“Foundational garments shall be worn and not visible with respect to color, style, and/or fabric,” the letter reads. “No see-through or sheer clothing shall be allowed, and no skin shall be visible between pants/trousers, skirts, and shirts/blouses at any time.”

T-shirts, patches and other clothing containing slogans for beer, alcohol, drugs, gangs or sex will also be prohibited. Other verboten garments will include cut-off jeans with ragged edges, cut-out dresses and spaghetti-straps if teachers aren’t wearing at least two layers.

Flip-flops will be banned. “Tattoos must be covered if at all possible.” No jogging suits, either (though gym and dance teachers do get a pass on this one).

And the very worst of all: No spandex.

HORROR of HORROR's!! Teachers will have to stop pretending they are students and start dressing like responsible adults!! Oh MY! :shock:

I support school uniforms for students for the many reasons I've expressed in another thread on the subject. I certainly have no problem requiring teachers to dress business casual when performing their duties as educators. They can save wearing spandex and showing (male and female) cameltoe for other public venues.

None of these "restrictions" seem particularly onerous. The mere fact that they needed to be listed and there are teachers who protest such limitations seems to indicate there is a noticeable problem in the area of teacher dress codes. :twocents:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm having a hard time working up a solid outrage over this. Teachers going to school wearing tank tops, shorts and flip-flops... braless? Totally unprofessional, especially around adolescent boys who get a stiffy if they catch glimpse of a protruding nipple bump. I'd have been gobsmacked if I walked into my kids' classroom and saw a bare waisted teacher dressed like a teenaged girl sniffing for a hot date.

Good for the school. But yes, I'd like to know how they plan to check underwear status as well, lol! :lol:

Yeah, I'm having a hard time working up a solid outrage over this. Teachers going to school wearing tank tops, shorts and flip-flops... braless? Totally unprofessional, especially around adolescent boys who get a stiffy if the catch glimpse of a protruding nipple bump. I'd have been gobsmacked if I walked into my kids' classroom and saw a bare waisted teacher dressed like a teenaged girl sniffing for a hot date.

Good for the school. But yes, I'd like to know how they plan to check underwear status as well, lol! :lol:
Teenage boys don't require anything for erections. It's one of the more interesting things about being one.

Takes the fun out of any chance that the school's Letourneau pulls a Basic Instinct on the class. Bummer.

when i was a lad in school, i would have preferred my teachers not wear bras or panties... I think mini-skirts should have been mandated ( except for Mrs Stiles... gag!) as well as halter-tops

I would have learned my subjects much better with those distractions..

Obviously they like pantie lines showing under white slacks.

I do not.

HORROR of HORROR's!! Teachers will have to stop pretending they are students and start dressing like responsible adults!! Oh MY! :shock:
I support school uniforms for students for the many reasons I've expressed in another thread on the subject. I certainly have no problem requiring teachers to dress business casual when performing their duties as educators. They can save wearing spandex and showing (male and female) cameltoe for other public venues.
None of these "restrictions" seem particularly onerous. The mere fact that they needed to be listed and there are teachers who protest such limitations seems to indicate there is a noticeable problem in the area of teacher dress codes. :twocents:
There's actually more to that story than you assume.
This is part of ongoing mind-games.
Iirc, the teachers are not opposed to dressing professionally, they're opposed to how things are being done and being lied to about various other things.

There's ongoing drama. You're catching it w/o context.

This whole things is like some sort of teenage bf/gf drama and you're drawing conclusion after only hearing from the gf's best friend.

There has been a LOT of drama legal and otherwise in the central Arkansas school districts for more than three decades now.
Way too much to go into.

There's actually more to that story than you assume.
This is part of ongoing mind-games.
Iirc, the teachers are not opposed to dressing professionally, they're opposed to how things are being done and being lied to about various other things.

There's ongoing drama. You're catching it w/o context.

This whole things is like some sort of teenage bf/gf drama and you're drawing conclusion after only hearing from the gf's best friend.

There has been a LOT of drama legal and otherwise in the central Arkansas school districts for more than three decades now.
Way too much to go into.
Wouldn't surprise me, but... could you elaborate a little? Just saying there's drama and giving no details doesn't help. Nobody expects you to write a book, but some background would be helpful.

Mademoiselle Allen wore light flimsy shirts and no bras. I took three years of High School French for that woman.

Wouldn't surprise me, but... could you elaborate a little? Just saying there's drama and giving no details doesn't help. Nobody expects you to write a book, but some background would be helpful.
Maybe later.
but you can start here
lrsd+pcssd+desegregation

PCSSD is having major drama as well. PCSSD also just issued the identical dress code item w/o consulting anyone who is affected.

The admins are lying about budgets as justification for making various changes. The admins/supes are in cahoots with state officials. PCSSD doesn't even have a school board last I looked.
They have unilaterally cancelled valid contracts with teachers-which went to court of course.

It's a bunch of small town politics writ a little larger.
The dress codes for LRSD and PCSSD are a kind of, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" ad home designed to make people think that the teachers are salacious or something, idk.
Not that there are not some screwy teachers in the districts, but that's not what this is about. It's about ongoing petty battles.

A lot of the good stuff is behind a paywall @ Arkansas Times.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time working up a solid outrage over this. Teachers going to school wearing tank tops, shorts and flip-flops... braless? Totally unprofessional, especially around adolescent boys who get a stiffy if they catch glimpse of a protruding nipple bump. I'd have been gobsmacked if I walked into my kids' classroom and saw a bare waisted teacher dressed like a teenaged girl sniffing for a hot date.

Turning down the A/C to frigid will immediately identify those not wearing bras. :)

I show up at work with a v-neck t-shirt and jeans with holes...who cares as long as I do a friggin awesome job for my employer. I think the admins are clearly focusing in the wrong area to improve student performance/academic excellence.

Back
Top Bottom