• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Little jimmy aka Jim Acosta

TheRepublican

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The press conference or whatever it was at the White House. Did the president have a right to revoke the clearance of a reporter or no

The press conference or whatever it was at the White House. Did the president have a right to revoke the clearance of a reporter or no

The white house doesn't have to talk to reporters ever, but kicking them out on Trumped up accusations like this shows that this administration is cowardly.

Acosta seemed to want to turn the press conference into a debate. Trump was under no obligation to humour that. Besides, the president needs to spread his time equally among the reporters so that everybody gets to ask some questions.

Access to the President is a privilege, not a "right." In fact, most past President's rarely engaged with the Press as actively as in recent years.

It seems to me that Trump has been more accessible to the "press" than any prior President in American history. In fact, I think he does this on purpose to make himself the center of attention, as a distraction from his efforts to accomplish his goals while in office. The Press is so focused on his tweets and other antics they miss many of the things he is trying to do.

Having said that, yes the President has the "right" to revoke press passes or award access as he sees fit. There is no Constitutional requirement to grant ANY access, and this does not affect the "freedom of the press" to report whatever they can discover and consider newsworthy on their own

Last edited:
Acosta seemed to want to turn the press conference into a debate. Trump was under no obligation to humour that. Besides, the president needs to spread his time equally among the reporters so that everybody gets to ask some questions.

If anyone in the Trump administration believed this crap they would have said this was the reason for revoking his credentials.

Instead, they made up some bull**** about him assaulting an intern and used doctored video to support it. They're cowards and liars. The real reason is they don't like the questions he was asking. Because they're afraid of the questions he's asking.

If anyone in the Trump administration believed this crap they would have said this was the reason for revoking his credentials.

Instead, they made up some bull**** about him assaulting an intern and used doctored video to support it. They're cowards and liars. The real reason is they don't like the questions he was asking. Because they're afraid of the questions he's asking.

How do you know that they are "afraid" of the questions Acosta was asking? You can read people's minds?

How do you know that they are "afraid" of the questions Acosta was asking? You can read people's minds?

Conversely, every single motivation you've ever ascribed to liberals is just a random ass guess because you're not telepathic.

Trump's reaction, lashing out, is typical of someone who is afraid.

It's a good bet that he is afraid of a lot of things, i.e., Mueller, the investigation , the election, the way things are going, which is not going his way, that his family members might be indicted, etc.

Conversely, every single motivation you've ever ascribed to liberals is just a random ass guess because you're not telepathic.

I have not made mention of "liberals", much less ascribed motivations to them, in this thread. Maybe in other threads, but it's not relevant to this thread.

I have not made mention of "liberals", much less ascribed motivations to them, in this thread. Maybe in other threads, but it's not relevant to this thread.
I'm just making sure you apply your standards to yourself. Think about that next time you think you know a liberal's motivation. You're wrong, because you can't read minds.

Yes. The President has the right to revoke the clearance of anyone he so chooses...whether they are a reporter or not.

I'm just making sure you apply your standards to yourself. Think about that next time you think you know a liberal's motivation. You're wrong, because you can't read minds.

But I haven't made much guesses about liberals and what motivate them.

Yes they do, and it's common for the press pool to be changed. Someone on these boards linked me an article about the press pool seating earlier and the author said that there have been so many changes that it wasn't even worth his time to go through all of them. Just watch Trump's opponents and even more so the media to pretend this is a war on the media rather than holding a journalist accountable for acting in an unprofessional manner. This has been going on for basically 2-3 years now.

Yes. The President has the right to revoke the clearance of anyone he so chooses...whether they are a reporter or not.

If so, he has the opportunity then to absorb the criticism of his action by the citizens who find him a scaredy cat. LOL

I would ban cnn because this is what the second time or whatever??

Absolutely. If you watch the unedited video, the reporter was being a jack-ass. Other reporters want to ask questions too. He wouldn't give up the mike for other reporters.

If so, he has the opportunity then to absorb the criticism of his action by the citizens who find him a scaredy cat. LOL

There's "criticism". Then there's "constant 24/7 attacks". And then there is Acosta with his disrespectful (to the Pres and to his colleagues) argumentative behavior.

Access to the President is a privilege, not a "right." In fact, most past President's rarely engaged with the Press as actively as in recent years.

It seems to me that Trump has been more accessible to the "press" than any prior President in American history. In fact, I think he does this on purpose to make himself the center of attention, as a distraction from his efforts to accomplish his goals while in office. The Press is so focused on his tweets and other antics they miss many of the things he is trying to do.

Having said that, yes the President has the "right" to revoke press passes or award access as he sees fit. There is no Constitutional requirement to grant ANY access, and this does not affect the "freedom of the press" to report whatever they can discover and consider newsworthy on their own

Just because you can legally do something doesn’t mean it’s the ethical thing to do, agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not true and you would know it isnt true if you actually bothered to watch the press conference rather than get your opinions from TV. Trump answered all of Acostas questions, THEN went on answering other reporters questions for another hour. I would be so nice if just one of you liberals could come up with an honest, informed comment once in a while rather than just of trying to pass off idiocy as opinion.

Trump's reaction, lashing out, is typical of someone who is afraid.

It's a good bet that he is afraid of a lot of things, i.e., Mueller, the investigation , the election, the way things are going, which is not going his way, that his family members might be indicted, etc.

Now thats just you making **** up. As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about. Trump 'lashed out' at Acosta because Acosta was being an ass.

Absolutely. If you watch the unedited video, the reporter was being a jack-ass. Other reporters want to ask questions too. He wouldn't give up the mike for other reporters.

And the only reason Acosta refused to hand over the mic was because the staffer reaching for it was a woman. Had it been a man, that ***** Acosta would have handed it over immediately, taken his seat and shut his mouth

But I haven't made much guesses about liberals and what motivate them.

Ever in your life? I'm skeptical.

Thats not true and you would know it isnt true if you actually bothered to watch the press conference rather than get your opinions from TV. Trump answered all of Acostas questions, THEN went on answering other reporters questions for another hour. I would be so nice if just one of you liberals could come up with an honest, informed comment once in a while rather than just of trying to pass off idiocy as opinion.

If they liked his questions they wouldn't have fabricated reasons to boot him.

And the only reason Acosta refused to hand over the mic was because the staffer reaching for it was a woman. Had it been a man, that ***** Acosta would have handed it over immediately, taken his seat and shut his mouth

Just look at how he sat there while Trump dressed him down like the scum that he is. Priceless video there for years to come. First the lefty man handles a woman and is summarily put in his place and then in the journalistic corner indefinitely. Trump wins again.

Ever in your life? I'm skeptical.

Whether I do that in my life really is not the topic of this thread. Please stop wondering about that and let's refocus on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom