• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Little Ike and a Little Philosophy

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Yesterday really sucked. I live about a mile from work, and yesterday, it took me about 2 hours to drive home, due to flooding and crazy drivers. Drive time was when this little thunderstorm hit. It lasted about half an hour, but what a half hour it was. Winds gusted to about 100 miles per hour in Southwest Houston, and it did a lot of damage in some areas. And people were driving crazily. I saw 4 accidents on my short ride home. Near home, I saw many branches down, and the old folks home near where I live had about half the shingles ripped from it's roof. A thought went through my head - Hey, this is Ike Junior. LOL.

I finally got home to find myself with no power, and found out that power was out to 100,000 people. I lit some candles, and then laid down on the couch and started reading a book. Before I knew it, it was midnight, and that is when our power came back on. That is when I realized that I did not miss being on my computer.

Every so often, a small but violent storm comes through, or we get an Ike or an Allison or an Alicia, which all remind me that I can live without my computer, and that I can live without the internet. It's not a big deal to me. So, what am I doing right now? I am on my computer at work, posting something on the internet during my lunch break, and when I get home this evening, I will most likely be posting something on the internet again.

Moral of the story: Philosophical thinking is great, until you get your internet connection back, and then all that deep thought goes right out the window. :rofl

Back
Top Bottom