• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Litmus Test Issues

Which issues would you NOT vote for a candidate who disagreed with you on the issue?

• Total voters

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Which of the issues above would you not vote for a candidate who disagreed with your stance on the issue. In other words, which of the issues is a litmus test issue. Pick all that apply.

Please be patient, alot of options to type out and my typing is still much slower and less accurate than it was before I was in the hospital so it will take a couple minutes to get the poll attached. Also note that this list is not all inclusive, I just picked issues off the top of my head.

I won't vote for a candidate who supports reparations. Beyond that, it is a balancing test.

Really my only 2 would be abortion and drug legalization. However, if they are more moderate on those issues while still disagreeing with me I could consider voting for them.

You should have had an "all of the above" option because the only one I didn't chose was military spending. I literally will not vote for the lesser of two evils. If a major candidate crosses issues creating a conflict between my issues, I will vote libertarian or pass and hope for the best.

Plenty of room for policy disagreement. No room for constitutional disagreement, my attitude is that if something is even slightly questionable it should be put up for a constitutional amendment, reworked to be unquestionably constitutional, or dropped. That said I picked second amendment and civil rights issues.

I won't vote for a candidate who supports reparations. Beyond that, it is a balancing test.

What are you referring to when you say "reparations"?

What are you referring to when you say "reparations"?

Handing out checks to people as repentance for some injustice done to their ancestors--be it blacks, Japanese, Native-Americans, whoever. If you were not the direct victim, then I don't support paying you for somebody else's misfortunes.

I won't support a candidate who's for drug prohibition, gun control, or opposes LGBTQ Rights. Unfortunately, that doesn't leave me many candidates.

I did check off some things that I have actually rejected candidates over (I did NOT check off abortion because there can be disgreement even among pro-lifers). I guess I'm more of a pragmatic voter than an ideological one.

Absent any genuinely good candidate, I will vote for the one I believe to be less bad (or the lessor of two evils). We had a judicial race out here and a local lawyer ran against a sitting judge. During the campaign, he brought up that she had a number of valid complaints against her. Each and every thing he brought up was documented and true. Despite that, she was still the better candidate than he was.

I also routinely vote in the Democratic primary because, in this town, whoever wins the Democratic primary wins the office so if you want to have any say in local politics it has to be in the primary.

Last edited:
I have selected social issues since they affect me as an individual directly. My elected politician doesn't sway foreign policy, tax policy or gun control much, if at all.

Which is often a good thing, actually.

Regards from Rosie

Back
Top Bottom