• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

List of trump's accomplishments

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s your 401k doing?
Mine's doing really well Made up for the rather piss poor performance at the end of the Bush administration and the first several years of Obama

If yo pass me a postage stamp, I'll be happy to write all his accomplishments! :p

No problem:

largest-postage-stamp.jpg

The original postage stamp entered the Guinness World Records after being measured at 1.36 x 1.77 meters.
The Largest Postage Stamp in the World | The Fact Site

I think that would be enough space if you took your time and wrote in very small letters. ;)

Isis was being pushed back towards Mosul by 2016. Claiming that Obama's policy was so vastly inferior to Trump's in that regard is nonsense given that ISIS was visibly losing while Obama was still in office, and before the election.

lol Whatever you say, guy. Not the consensus of most people who actually had to deal with the Obama Administration while fighting that conflict, however, I can tell you that much.

It took Obama two years just to push ISIS off of the doorstep of Baghdad, where they were at their most over-extended, and vulnerable. Trump wiped the entire Islamic State off the map, even from their most dug-in strongholds, in the same length of time.

lol Whatever you say, guy.

Lying isn't a good replacement for speaking out of ignorance.

Not the consensus of most people who actually had to deal with the Obama Administration while fighting that conflict, however, I can tell you that much.

"There was no difference between the support given by Obama and Trump." Lt. Gen. Abdul-Wahab al-Saadi

I know it's against the rules of the cult to acknowledge that Obama did anything even remotely okay, but lying about reality isn't helping your case.

It took Obama two years just to push ISIS off of the doorstep of Baghdad, where they were at their most over-extended, and vulnerable.

You mean when ISIS was at it's greatest extent and it's largest amount of forces fielded, while the Iraqi Army was in disarray.

The fact that Trump continued Obama's strategy would be enough for most people, but I guess the cult can't conceptualize that.

Lying isn't a good replacement for speaking out of ignorance.

This shows exactly what I just said. ISIS took all of that territory around 2014. By the end of 2016, all we'd managed to do was basically push them back from Baghdad, and a few other areas at the very end of their supply lines.

The Mosul campaign was the first real "push," and that took place under Trump.

"There was no difference between the support given by Obama and Trump." Lt. Gen. Abdul-Wahab al-Saadi

Are you seriously quoting Iraqi Generals as if their opinions (on, well, anything) actually matter? :ROFLMAO:

No shit, nothing really changed with regards to our dealings with the natives. That's not what I was referring to. What I was referring to was all the ridiculous red tape the Obama Administration wrapped around our own forces, which routinely prevented timely strikes on key targets of opportunity.

The fact that Trump continued Obama's strategy would be enough for most people, but I guess the cult can't conceptualize that.

Except that he did not. He took Obama's mealy-mouse approach, and kicked it into overdrive.

I know it's against the rules of the cult to acknowledge that Obama did anything even remotely okay, but lying about reality isn't helping your case.

If you insist on sucking the guy off at every possible opportunity, no matter how mediocre his efforts to actually justify it, the least you could do is make an appointment to do so in person.

Last edited:
This shows exactly what I just said. ISIS took all of that territory around 2014. By the end of 2016,

They had lost a third of their territory.

The Mosul campaign was the first real "push," and that took place under Trump.

Why are you lying? ISIS was falling back to Mosul before Trump took office, and the offensive towards Mosul was planned before Trump took office as well. That Trump happened to be in office when Mosul was reclaimed was not due to his actions; it was put into motion before he was even elected.

Are you seriously quoting Iraqi Generals as if their opinions (on, well, anything) actually matter?

Versus a dude who lies on the internet because he doesn't like being called out for it? Gee, who to choose.

No shit, nothing really changed with regards to our dealings with the natives. That's not what I was referring to. What I was referring to was all the ridiculous red tape the Obama Administration wrapped around our own forces, which routinely prevented timely strikes on key targets of opportunity.

That's not a change in strategy at all.

Except that he did not. He took Obama's mealy-mouse approach, and kicked it into overdrive.

What part of "Limit ground forces to advisers and SOF while utilizing Iraqi and Kurdish forces backed up by Coalition air power" did Trump change? Loosening an ROE doesn't amount to a change in strategy.

They had lost a third of their territory.

They had lost the periphery, which they were only barely hanging on to to begin with.

Why are you lying? ISIS was falling back to Mosul before Trump took office, and the offensive towards Mosul was planned before Trump took office as well. That Trump happened to be in office when Mosul was reclaimed was not due to his actions; it was put into motion before he was even elected.

And Trump gave his generals the latitude to pursue that campaign to the best of their ability, without micromanaging the living Hell out of them.

That sped things along considerably.

Versus a dude who lies on the internet because he doesn't like being called out for it? Gee, who to choose.

Literally anyone other than a freaking Iraqi general would be good.

What part of "Limit ground forces to advisers and SOF while utilizing Iraqi and Kurdish forces backed up by Coalition air power" did Trump change? Loosening an ROE doesn't amount to a change in strategy.

More bombs, more bullets, and more SF, used far more aggressively. I'll have to look around and see if I can find any good sources on it (Google and DuckDuckGo are both being frustrating at the moment), but as you can see here, across the board, the amount of air dropped munitions used by our forces overseas jumped considerably the year Trump took office.

1606357215860.png

1606357344021.png

Operation Inherent Resolve started in 2014.
Bush was actively hunting terrorist leaders before Obama took office, just as the military was hunting them during Obama and then under Trump. None of the presidents can really take credit for military operations since all three supported those missions

They had lost the periphery, which they were only barely hanging on to to begin with.

A third of their territory is not periphery. I suggest you look up words before you start throwing them around.

And Trump gave his generals the latitude to pursue that campaign to the best of their ability, without micromanaging the living Hell out of them.

So now you're shifting goalposts.

Because what you said was "The Mosul campaign was the first real "push," and that took place under Trump."

Which a five second google search shows is wrong:

Mosul Offensive.PNG

So yes. The Mosul push began before Trump was in office. ISIS was visibly being pushed back before Trump was in office.

Literally anyone other than a freaking Iraqi general would be good.

So your contention is that an Iraqi commander can't give an accurate report?

the amount of air dropped munitions used by our forces overseas jumped considerably the year Trump took office.

And civilian casualties skyrocketed.

Civilian casualties.png

Bush was actively hunting terrorist leaders before Obama took office, just as the military was hunting them during Obama and then under Trump. None of the presidents can really take credit for military operations since all three supported those missions

If your contention is that President's shouldn't claim credit for military operations pursued under their administration, well I can see the argument behind that. But missions authorized explicitly by the President deserve notation of their authorization. I don't have a real problem with either Obama or Trump claiming credit for the people that were bagged under their watch.

A third of their territory is not periphery. I suggest you look up words before you start throwing them around.

The outermost layer of the onion is the literal ****ing textbook definition of "the periphery." :rolleyes:

Do you get freaking paid to be contrarian about absolutely nothing, or what?

So now you're shifting goalposts.

Because what you said was "The Mosul campaign was the first real "push," and that took place under Trump."

Which a five second google search shows is wrong:

View attachment 67306289

So yes. The Mosul push began before Trump was in office. ISIS was visibly being pushed back before Trump was in office.

The bulk of the campaign took place under Trump's Administration, and greatly benefitted from his loosening of the ROE.

You are technically correct, however, that the campaign began, and was planned, in the last few months of Obama Administration (not that he had much to actually do with that).

So your contention is that an Iraqi commander can't give an accurate report?

A ) A foreigner is not the person to ask regarding internal policy issues.

B ) Yes, generally speaking, Iraqi commanders are incompetent boobs, who only got appointed through nepotism, and behave more like Mafia Bosses than actual military leaders. That's precisely why the Iraqi military can't fight its way out of a wet paper bag without Western support.

And civilian casualties skyrocketed.

Welcome to war. Take it you're new here? :rolleyes:

Would you rather have a war with little to no collateral damage per month, that lasts 10 years, or one with very intense collateral damage, which is over in two years?

Thankfully, the Obama Administration weren't the ones making those calls for very long. Otherwise, ISIS would likely still hold half of Syria.

And here is a more complete picture of how airstrike policy changed.

1606358826628.png

Last edited:
The outermost layer of the onion is the literal ****ing textbook definition of "the periphery." :rolleyes:

A third of their territory is not a periphery. Especially when that involves pushing towards the second biggest city in Iraq.

and greatly benefitted from his loosening of the ROE.

So you think. In reality the evidence of the effectiveness of airstrikes during Inherent Resolve is still largely classified, so making such claims is just conjecture. I saw plenty that were good and plenty that were poor.

Which is why you want you ignore the actual words of a commander on the ground, see below, because it contradicts that idea:

B ) Yes, generally speaking, Iraqi commanders are incompetent boobs, who only got appointed through nepotism, and behave more like Mafia Bosses than actual military leaders. That's precisely why the Iraqi military can't fight its way out of a wet paper bag without Western support.

Cool. You haven't actually provided any proof to show how he's wrong, though.

Welcome to war. Take it you're new here? :rolleyes:

I know being cute is your go-to when you run out of information, but you really should come up with a new strategy.

Loosening up ROEs is not going to magically win a war, nor is dropping more and more bombs going to automatically win, which is why Trump's Afghanistan policy has produced no actual improvements to the situation.

To be fair to Trump, he is just continuing the tradition set forth by Obama and Bush of not being able to accomplish any strategic victories against the Taliban.

Government taxes and regulation certainly don't help job creation, which is precisely why he reduced both.
Amazing...Obama had job growth most quarters of his administration....

You realize roughly half of that is the nearly 4 trillion dollar COVID-19 stimulus we just had this year, correct?
So he only blew $4T more than he took in? And you're applauding that? I thought you said revenues increased....

Ummm... No. He authorized the killing of the leader, and enabled our military to dismantle a radical Islamic terror state that spanned across at least two different countries, and was threatening to spread to several more.
Dismantled? Check again...

Upgrading more than 300 miles of rusty old chainlink fences to 30 foot tall steel and concrete monstrosities is nothing to sneeze at, no.

We've gone from "new wall" to "upgrade". Thanks for confirming you were mistaken earlier. It takes a big man to admit he was wrong.

A third of their territory is not a periphery. Especially when that involves pushing towards the second biggest city in Iraq.

Really going to make me do this, huh? :rolleyes:

pe-riphe-er-y
  • the outer limits or edge of an area or object.
  • a marginal or secondary position in, or part or aspect of, a group, subject, or sphere of activity.

Everything up to Mosul was the "Periphery" of the Islamic State. Territory that was not especially firmly held, and at the end of their effective supply lines.

Quite frankly, I don't care if you agree or not. I will not be responding to any further comments on this point.

Which is why you want you ignore the actual words of a commander on the ground, see below, because it contradicts that idea:

An Iraqi General... Being a "commander on the ground?" Yeah... Sure. Okay. :ROFLMAO:

Ya know what? Fine, I'm being a jackass, I apologize. Maybe this dude was legit. I don't know.

In any case, you do realize you're staking your whole argument here off of a freaking vague, indefinite, non-committal one-liner (which I don't believe you even sourced), sans any kind of context, correct? And even then, its not even addressing what we're actually talking about here - namely the differences between Trump and Obama's ROEs.

So you think. In reality the evidence of the effectiveness of airstrikes during Inherent Resolve is still largely classified, so making such claims is just conjecture. I saw plenty that were good and plenty that were poor.
Loosening up ROEs is not going to magically win a war, nor is dropping more and more bombs going to automatically win, which is why Trump's Afghanistan policy has produced no actual improvements to the situation.

To be fair to Trump, he is just continuing the tradition set forth by Obama and Bush of not being able to accomplish any strategic victories against the Taliban.

The Taliban is a decentralized network, which is often deeply inter-meshed with the tribal culture of the area in which it is prominent. The Islamic State was... Well, a state, and a largely foreign, occupying state at that, with clearly defined borders, strongholds, infrastructure, and a population to control.

A brief, ultra-high intensity, campaign is the proper way to dismantle a state.

Look at it this way, Obama's approach, using relatively low intensity bombing, under an ultra-careful and conservative ROE, required bombing Mosul for nearly a straight year before anyone even considered moving on the city. Every other city that was taken under Trump's ROE, fell within a few months at most.

"***** footing" around ultimately accomplishes absolutely nothing other than needlessly prolonging the general misery of the populations effected. Get in, get things over with, and get out.

Last edited:
I thought you said revenues increased....

And so did government spending. Welcome to Washington. Though, to be fair, prior to COVID, Trump's budget deficit was still well below Obama's first term.

You are aware that the Islamic State used to look like this, correct?

1606363514616.png

At present, ISIS holds no territory, and most of its leadership is made up of men who are barely older than teenagers (we killed everyone else), hiding out in caves, or skulking around in slums.

We did what we set out to do. Whatever stragglers remain of ISIS are, quite frankly, not our problem anymore.

1. Creating more than five million jobs.

2. Record employment.

3. Record high stock market.

4. Record high wages.

5. The first real increases in real wages seen in ten years.

6. Record tax revenues.

7. Several new trade deals.

8. Several new peace deals.

9. Effectively neutralizing ISIS.

10. Beginning the process of drawing down from Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq.

11. Conservative Supreme Court for the first time in decades.

12. Hundreds of Conservative judges in lower courts.

13. More than 400 miles of new border walls.

I can keep going, if you wish...

Other than making the courts a political tool like you say all of the rest are blatant lies. Employment and stocks are far worse then when he took office. Wages are down, tax revenue is down, trade deals are broken, peace deals are broken, ISIS is still active, none of that actually happened except he made what should be a neutral part of our government and made it far more politicized.

And so did government spending. Welcome to Washington. Though, to be fair, prior to COVID, Trump's budget deficit was still well below Obama's first term.

More lies. Trump has pushed us further into debt than any president. Prior to this year Trump had added 6.9 trillion in 4 years when Obama added 8.9 in 8 years. When the 2020 numbers settle Trump will have passed Obama in half the time. 2020 is estimated to come in around 2.2 trillion which is going to put Trump at around 9.1.

If you say so, buddy. Facts say otherwise.

You seem to no grasp the idea of the word "fact". Look at the market and unemployment today vs when he took office. Tell me how exactly more people unemployed is good. Unless of course you simply hate America and Americans in which case the damage Trump has caused us would be a good thing. But for people who love this country - the pain, suffering, death and economic destruction caused by Trump is not worth applauding.

More lies. Trump has pushed us further into debt than any president. Prior to this year Trump had added 6.9 trillion in 4 years when Obama added 8.9 in 8 years. When the 2020 numbers settle Trump will have passed Obama in half the time. 2020 is estimated to come in around 2.2 trillion which is going to put Trump at around 9.1.

Yeah... Not exactly. Prior to COVID-19 hitting, Trump was merely expected to match Obama, at worst.

1606364358160.png

1606364449513.png

1606364464270.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom