• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

List of trump's accomplishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
1. Tax cuts and tax loop holes for rich people.

2. ...

And that's it. All trump's executive orders will be undone by Joe in the first week of Joe's presidency.

The republican congress only gave trump tax cuts for rich people because they wanted tax cuts for rich people.

2. ...

And that's it. All trump's executive orders will be undone by Joe in the first week of Joe's presidency.

The republican congress only gave trump tax cuts for rich people because they wanted tax cuts for rich people.

...... exposed a soft underbelly in American democracy that if not fixed, will one day be exploited by someone far smarter and more cunning than he.

2. ...

1. Creating more than five million jobs.

2. Record employment.

3. Record high stock market.

4. Record high wages.

5. The first real increases in real wages seen in ten years.

6. Record tax revenues.

7. Several new trade deals.

8. Several new peace deals.

9. Effectively neutralizing ISIS.

10. Beginning the process of drawing down from Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq.

11. Conservative Supreme Court for the first time in decades.

12. Hundreds of Conservative judges in lower courts.

13. More than 400 miles of new border walls.

I can keep going, if you wish...

Last edited:

2. ...

Let me remind you that it was the Obama/Biden administration that created loop holes for big businesses to cut their tax burden.

Joe Biden Used Tax-Code Loophole Obama Tried to Plug
Former vice president structured his speaking, writing business in a way that cut his tax bill

Let me remind you that it was the Obama/Biden administration that created loop holes for big businesses to cut their tax burden.

Exactly what "loophole" did the Obama administration create? Other than some tax changes related to the PPACA, I don't believe they did much with the structure of the tax code in their 8-year tenure.

The article you presented talks about Biden taking advantage of a personal service corporation, a loophole that the Obama administration tried to close, not something they created.

Trump holds a lot of firsts...

- First person to willingly be in love with Kim Jong-Un.

- First president to throw toilet paper at American citizens hit by a hurricane.

- First president to get his own word "covfefe" added to the dictionary.

- First president to make white balance meters become a game of saturation adjustments.

- First president to get a whole rap song dedicated to ****ing him.

- First president to promise a wall and not build it.

There is just tons of stuff, you libbos don't get it.

2. ...

He managed to do something extremely hard to do, become a One Term President, now that is an accomplishment I can live with.

2. ...

Everyone got a tax cut. get it right.

2. Record employment.

4. Record high wages.

6. Record tax revenues.

A few thins about your list

2. Record employment.

Burger King?

Artificial?

6. Record tax revenues.

Which Fed, State local will piss away and BUILD MORE GOV

Butterflies & Bullfrogs

All Fluff

Soon Biden's turn

Majority of it replacing existing fence that Mexico DID NOT PAY FOR

2. Record employment.

4. Record high wages.

6. Record tax revenues.

Explain how a Trump policy or initiative (spending) made this happen. Not just that they happened at the same time as he was there - cause and effect. Explain how the trade deals contributed.

Partial. You can have that one.

Partial. But you can have those too if it feels good.

Well conservatives will be happy, you can have that. More than half the country opposes these.

Repaired fence and not that much of it either; not so much under his initiative, regardless whether under his watch. And Mexico did not pay for it.

By all means keep digging.

Stock market under Trump increased 9% per year on average. Stock market under Obama, went up 31% per year....over 8 years. Percentage wise. people's 401k went up 3 and a half times more when Obama was running things.

Jobs...more jobs were added during Obama's administration.

GDP growth. Virtually neck and neck.
Under Obama the national debt increased 9 trillion dollars over 8 years...not good at all. Under Trump the national debt increased 8 trillion over 4 years. Absolutely horrendous.

The narrative spewed about regarding his great economics accomplishments is pure hogwash. Trump people have no clue how to read the numbers.

Stock market under Trump increased 9% per year on average. Stock market under Obama, went up 31% per year....over 8 years. Percentage wise. people's 401k went up 3 and a half times more when Obama was running things.

Jobs...more jobs were added during Obama's administration.

GDP growth. Virtually neck and neck.
Under Obama the national debt increased 9 trillion dollars over 8 years...not good at all. Under Trump the national debt increased 8 trillion over 4 years. Absolutely horrendous.

The narrative spewed about regarding his great economics accomplishments is pure hogwash. Trump people have no clue how to read the numbers.

(Sigh) Everyone has an opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Here's one from Bloomberg back in February 2020, before the Covid-19 "blew up."

The Trump Effect on the Economy Is Undeniable - Bloomberg

There was also all the gloom and doom projections of Trump-caused recessions every Fall through 2019 even before Covid-19 struck, which all turned out to be false.

As for the national debt increase? One can also append much of that to Covid-19 as well.

National debt: How much could coronavirus cost America (usatoday.com)

That was back in May 2020.

Knock Trump for his persona and mean tweets all you wish, but he did take good steps to improve our economy.

In fact, the economy based on his steps to deregulate, reduce taxes, etc. was expected even by the Left to sweep him back into office this election...were it not for the advent of the "Chinese Flu."

Rather timely and fortuitous for the Democrats and Chinese at least in regards to damaging the economy just in time for the 2020 election. :coffee:

2. Record employment.

4. Record high wages.

6. Record tax revenues.

1. Creating jobs? Really? Are you counting the 5 million people he fired and then hired someone new?

3. Record high DJIA averages are over-rated. Obama had a pretty good amount of them too. https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckj...ck-market-records-than-trump/?sh=520b341a6684
The statistic is silly because the DJIA stocks change over time as well as it being 30 stocks that are supposed to show a broader picture of the market as a whole.

6. Record Tax Revenues? Unlikely. And spending 8 Trillion more than we took in is the net result so the "record" doesn't matter.

7. New Trade deals? We withdrew from several trade deals and our trade imbalance is about where it was when he came to pwer.

9. Neutralizing ISIS? Leaving them alone and not engaging isn't the same as neutralizing.

10. We were withdrawing troops from the ME already. To his credit he hasn't increased the numbers.

11. We'll see how it goes.

12. Having Conservatives in lower courts isn't an accomplishment...it's an albatross.

13. He's built 15 miles of new border wall. Nowhere near 400.

FIRST AND FORMOST: as usually, no links , no facts, just unverified claims...🥴

From February 2009 to January 2016(Obama) unemployment in US went down from 8,3% to 4,9% from February 2016 to January 2020 unemployment went down from 4,9% to 3,5%. The same development has occurred in Europe so I wouldn’t put that down to either Obama or Trump but to the world economic boom. Unlike you I provide a link to facts, sorry for the Swedish, but I believe you can read the diagram anyway: https://www.ekonomifakta.se/fakta/a...nationell-jamforelse/?graph=/12589/1,2,3/all/

2. Record employment.

Point 2 is the same as point 1, so see answer for 1. Are you counting every assumed accomplishment twice?

The worlds stock markets has been on a steady rise since 2010. I doubt it has anything to do with either Trump or Obama but more to do with the economic boom

4. Record high wages.

The wages for US has risen with 4,45% a year between 2016 and 2019, and with 3,9% a year between 2009 and 2015. Between 2016 and 2019 the inflation was 8,4%, that is 2,1% a year and between 2010 and 2015 the inflation was 9,2, that is 1,5% a year; So conclusion: Wages has gone down during Trumps presidency.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/216756/us-personal-income/

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

Awfully like point 4 , double again

6. Record tax revenues.
Most of the tax cut went to businesses and higher income individuals. The small revenues for all others doesn’t even cover the income reductions due to inflation. Trump also financed the tax cuts by loaning money. Which means that every dollar used for military, or NASA or whatever, now costs the taxpayers interest rates as well. What a great accomplishment!

Well if you count several new costs for import and export as tradedeals, you are correct
https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/c9vwxgl4p0dt/trump-tariffs

For the odd chance you are talking about Nafta: It was not a new deal.

If peace deals is withdrawing without any new circumstances or accomplishments/loses you are correct. If you are talking about North Korea, well...

You do not know how much of an insult that is for the Kurds. It was the Kurds that so successfully pressed the ISIS back in Syria(and also in Iraq). Trump thanked them by telling Turkey they had his support to invade Syria and the Kurd territories just after the Kurds had cleaned up the last of the ISIS strongholds in Syria.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49956698

And here I have no more energy or time for this, so
10: A total disaster, thwart everything done or accomplished , making sure all allies now are former allies, like the Kurds and are neutralized for ever.
11: Yes, People dying might have something to do with it...
12: Isn't that up to the states?
13: Yes, if you count reperations of already existing walls and provisional fences.

Please do, but next time reframe from making floating overarching claims: Specify, And give references(links)

1. Creating jobs? Really? Are you counting the 5 million people he fired and then hired someone new?

3. Record high DJIA averages are over-rated. Obama had a pretty good amount of them too. https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckj...ck-market-records-than-trump/?sh=520b341a6684
The statistic is silly because the DJIA stocks change over time as well as it being 30 stocks that are supposed to show a broader picture of the market as a whole.

6. Record Tax Revenues? Unlikely. And spending 8 Trillion more than we took in is the net result so the "record" doesn't matter.

7. New Trade deals? We withdrew from several trade deals and our trade imbalance is about where it was when he came to pwer.

9. Neutralizing ISIS? Leaving them alone and not engaging isn't the same as neutralizing.

10. We were withdrawing troops from the ME already. To his credit he hasn't increased the numbers.

11. We'll see how it goes.

12. Having Conservatives in lower courts isn't an accomplishment...it's an albatross.

13. He's built 15 miles of new border wall. Nowhere near 400.

Sooo... What you're telling me is you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Got it. :rolleyes:

Literally everything I listed there is a fact, and an undeniable one at that.

1. Ja, really. Even Left Wing sources admit that Trump created more than 5 million jobs between 2017 and 2019.

3. Tell that to my portfolio.

6. Good thing your opinion is irrelevant then. It's a fact. Federal Tax revenues under Trump have increased, year, after year. Projections for 2021 are in the range 3.86 Trillion dollars, which is more than 500 billion more than Obama ever achieved. Deficits are a ubiquitous feature of Washington policy, regardless of who's in office.

7. And he signed several new ones, which were more to his liking.

9. You're... Not really up on things, are you? The leader and founder of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, was killed under Trump last year. Trump is also the reason why ISIS has been reduced to a few scattered members hiding in caves, as opposed to an actual territory holding "state" in the Middle East.

10. No, we were surging troops to the Middle East to fight ISIS, after Obama bungled the previous pull out which lead to the rise of ISIS in the first place, when Trump first took office.

11. Good luck.

12. Your tears are delicious. :ROFLMAO:

13. 400 miles.

2. ...

Didn’t Trump pass something about medical services having to publish the costs of their services?

Donald Trump was a master at hiding his tax returns.

FIRST AND FORMOST: as usually, no links , no facts, just unverified claims...🥴

From February 2009 to January 2016(Obama) unemployment in US went down from 8,3% to 4,9% from February 2016 to January 2020 unemployment went down from 4,9% to 3,5%. The same development has occurred in Europe so I wouldn’t put that down to either Obama or Trump but to the world economic boom. Unlike you I provide a link to facts, sorry for the Swedish, but I believe you can read the diagram anyway: https://www.ekonomifakta.se/fakta/a...nationell-jamforelse/?graph=/12589/1,2,3/all/

Point 2 is the same as point 1, so see answer for 1. Are you counting every assumed accomplishment twice?

The worlds stock markets has been on a steady rise since 2010. I doubt it has anything to do with either Trump or Obama but more to do with the economic boom

The wages for US has risen with 4,45% a year between 2016 and 2019, and with 3,9% a year between 2009 and 2015. Between 2016 and 2019 the inflation was 8,4%, that is 2,1% a year and between 2010 and 2015 the inflation was 9,2, that is 1,5% a year; So conclusion: Wages has gone down during Trumps presidency.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/216756/us-personal-income/

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

Awfully like point 4 , double again

I don't feel like addressing all of these again, so I'm just going to leave the following charts here.

1606320813494.png

1606320828185.png

1606320842096.png

Like it or not, Trump can claim literally all of these as "achievements."

Most of the tax cut went to businesses and higher income individuals. The small revenues for all others doesn’t even cover the income reductions due to inflation. Trump also financed the tax cuts by loaning money. Which means that every dollar used for military, or NASA or whatever, now costs the taxpayers interest rates as well. What a great accomplishment!

See above. The tax cut benefited tens of millions of people (myself among them), and helped to stimulate the economy, to no negative impacts whatsoever.

Leftists and Euros can cry about it some more, for all I care.

If peace deals is withdrawing without any new circumstances or accomplishments/loses you are correct. If you are talking about North Korea, well...

Trump's N. Korea policy is objectively no better, and no worse, than the last three US Presidential Administrations.

N. Korea has also been far from the only focus of Trump's international efforts.

Sudan-Israel relations agreed, Donald Trump announces

You do not know how much of an insult that is for the Kurds. It was the Kurds that so successfully pressed the ISIS back in Syria(and also in Iraq). Trump thanked them by telling Turkey they had his support to invade Syria and the Kurd territories just after the Kurds had cleaned up the last of the ISIS strongholds in Syria.

:rolleyes:

The Kurds are fine, but do not over-state their role. They prevented ISIS from crossing certain boundaries, and held ISIS pinned in place in several areas, while Western airpower and special forces delivered the killing blows.

Notice how they almost immediately folded like a house of cards when denied those assets... Against the freaking Iraqi Army, no less... In their failed bid for independence in 2017?

I should know. I was there.

Last edited:
We can go on and on about Trump's economic accomplishments..

But here something to ponder: Trump and the GOP bent over backwards for big business, they cut Corp taxes, the gutted safety and environmental regulations, Trump loaded his Admin with big business execs and CEO's so they could keep gutting.. Over the years the GOP hasn't even made it a secret about their love affair with big business.. The very 1st Trump and the GOP Congress did in 2017 was gut Net Neutrality. DOZENS of Republicans on this site for YEARS run to big businesses defense every single day...

But when the 2020 election came along Wall Street and many big time Corps abandoned Trump... By A LOT!!!! Biden, that socialist, communist hippie actually got much more donations from WS than the very business friendly Trump/GOP did...

So the question is why a communist hippie got more donations from big business that the stable genius 'art of the deal' capitalist ?

Trrjumpsters need to think about why.. They're not going to get help from Hannity and Tucker because neither will admit to the obvious... Trumpsters are going to have to think this one out all by themselves...

2. Record employment.

4. Record high wages.

6. Record tax revenues.

So...a lot of lies and desperation:

- Trump inherited a good economy and ever lowering unemployment...and took credit, despite introducing no actual legislation that would provide that credit. The GDP in 2019 was only 2.3%, which is lower than five prior years, three of which were under Obama.

- Trump has made no real trade deals, having walked away from some that were on the table (TPP) when he entered the White House, and merely worked on existing ones (NAFTA, TTIP). He fell well short of original goals with China. A lot of NAFTA remains. His million-dollar deal with Japan gave him the same deal that TPP would have given him, but within a billion-dollar Pacific orbit. After tabling TTIP for a year, he has made no deal with Europe. No deal with Brazil or Argentina after he announced that he wanted to deal with tariffs on steel and aluminum. No, Trump created trade mess, to the benefit of foreign interests, while handing out money to American farmers who were casualties.

- Operation Inherent Resolve was the US-led international coalition created in 2014 to end ISIS. Trump showed up on the 95 yard line and took credit, insulting years of military effort. But you al "support the troop," huh?

- The process to drawdown from Iraq and Afghanistan had begun before Trump and had been a roller coaster ride of surges and reduced deployments ever since Obama abruptly and prematurely yanked the troops out of Iraq the first time. In regards to Syria, Trump betrayed the Kurds and handed the territory over to Russian influence. He then merely stationed those troops in Iraq and Saudi Arabia to defend against an exaggerated Iranian threat. Shifting troops around is not "drawdown." But nice of him to abruptly announce another phase of drawdown only in October.

- Romney and Rubio would have also appointed conservatives judges. This is desperate. And with the Supreme Court consistently deciding against GOP agendas this summer, I'm not sure why this thrills you.

- "400 miles" of new border wall also involves routine maintenance of existing border wall and hardly meets with the conservative assumption of a wall in 2016. And hey...illegal immigration continues, doesn't it? Seems everybody argued this years ago. But 100 miles a year? Only 1,554 more miles to go! You were used for your irrational sentiments and are now settling for an insult. In the meantime, no actual reform of bad immigration laws took place.

Yes, you can keep going. But I suspect it would just be more lies and desperation to legimtize your blind support. Want to see a list of Trump's failure? It's extensive. If you can't present any actual accomplishments that Trump is due credit for, shouldn't that tell you something? What the hell were you even supporting all those years? Still figuring out what MAGA is supposed to mean?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom