• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

List of trump's accomplishments

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, the company I was laid off from was Walmart, so it wasn't just companies with 50 or fewer employers. It was across the market. Those most heavily impacted were those on the bottom rungs of the employment ladder; Millennials new to the workplace, and other already economically vulnerable populations like minorities.

Flashback to 2009:

Wal-Mart supports employer-mandated health coverage
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world’s largest retailer, said on Tuesday that it supports President Barack Obama’s push to require large employers to offer health insurance to workers.
Wal-Mart said it supports an employer mandate that covers as many businesses as possible, as well as part-time and full-time employees. The requirement would ultimately save companies money, it added.

Tell it to the hundreds of thousands of people who were laid off, and/or were involuntarily forced into working part time hours, in order to avoid the ACA's mandate. Part time and/or contract workers jumped from being 10% of workers, to more than 15%, over the course of Obama's tenure. I'm sorry, but that's not a small change.

I quite frankly don't understand why you seem to be so resistant to acknowledging this. It's pretty ****ing well documented, and it was a pretty raw deal for those of us who got smacked with it at the time.

For the record, the company I was laid off from was Walmart, so it wasn't just companies with 50 or fewer employers. It was across the market. Those most heavily impacted were those on the bottom rungs of the employment ladder; Millennials new to the workplace, and other already economically vulnerable populations like minorities.
Oh ..now we go from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands.
Sure I will tell it to hundreds of thousands when the trade off is 20 million having coverage that didn't have health insurance before.
So you are going to argue walmart..was able to get under the 50 employee fulltime mark?
Doubt that.
I think..that Walmart figured it could screw you over and make more profit
Because there is no way Walmart is near the 50 mandate.
It screwed you and got you to believe it was Obama.

And they went right on with laying people off after the 2012 election anyway...

They had further lay offs in the beginning of 2016 as well.

Oh ..now we go from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands.

READ THE ****ING SOURCES I'VE BEEN POSTING.

Jesus ****ing Christ, what is with you people?

You don't get to just blatantly ignore every piece of evidence presented in a debate, and then keep on right spouting opinions. That's not how this freaking works.

Sure I will tell it to hundreds of thousands when the trade off is 20 million having coverage that didn't have health insurance before.

Well'p... I guess you can take your "gub'mint cheese" healthcare right to the unemployment line with you then.

So you are going to argue walmart..was able to get under the 50 employee fulltime mark?
Doubt that.

You realize that having to insure fewer people is still cheaper than having to insure more, even if the cost is not done away with entirely, correct? :rolleyes:

I think..that Walmart figured it could screw you over and make more profit

Yeah, and? Doesn't change the fact that Obama's re-election, and the ACA in particular, were the driving factors in the "corporate calculus" behind it.

Last edited:
Which has what to do with the employer mandate they requested?

Whatever, guy. Go stick your head in the sand somewhere else.

This really isn't a complicated concept. It's what happens almost literally every time Progressives push something like this.

Government "f***s with the money," and businesses respond by cutting jobs, and/or working hours.

Trump signed a bill to require airports to provide spaces for breastfeeding Moms.

Probably so he could get more cheap thrills walking through an airport.

Probably so he could get more cheap thrills walking through an airport.
What are you 14? The spaces are for the exact opposite, safe places out of the prying eyes of the public, where a woman can breastfeed their child in private.

What are you 14? The spaces are for the exact opposite, safe places out of the prying eyes of the public, where a woman can breastfeed their child in private.
Donald Trump respects women, right? Give me a break!

@Jack2aTee

(Sigh) Everyone has an opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Here's one from Bloomberg back in February 2020, before the Covid-19 "blew up."

The Trump Effect on the Economy Is Undeniable - Bloomberg

There was also all the gloom and doom projections of Trump-caused recessions every Fall through 2019 even before Covid-19 struck, which all turned out to be false.

As for the national debt increase? One can also append much of that to Covid-19 as well.

National debt: How much could coronavirus cost America (usatoday.com)

That was back in May 2020.

Knock Trump for his persona and mean tweets all you wish, but he did take good steps to improve our economy.

In fact, the economy based on his steps to deregulate, reduce taxes, etc. was expected even by the Left to sweep him back into office this election...were it not for the advent of the "Chinese Flu."

Rather timely and fortuitous for the Democrats and Chinese at least in regards to damaging the economy just in time for the 2020 election. :coffee:

If Trump listened to the health care professionals he would have been viewed as a hero and might have been re elected. Leaders all across the globe saw their approval ratings skyrocket in countries that controlled the pandemic. You people want to blame the virus for Trump's demise. The fact is Trump blew a golden opportunity by this global pandemic...and he blew it.

Donald Trump respects women, right? Give me a break!

@Jack2aTee

Deflection: The subject was establishing safe areas in airports for women to breastfeed a baby. Start your own topic if you want but, do not highjack another for your unrelated biases.

No, he cannot, for the simple fact that the graphs clearly show that anybody would have inherited the trend. He simply assumed the trend and pushed a lie. In the meantime, you people never seem to be able to pinpoint a single piece of legislation that altered what he inherited. You give him credit for simply existing. Here's another chart, to accompany yours, that shows the exact same thing:

View attachment 67306221

Clearly, Rubio, Romney, or Clinton would have inherited the same. Only they would not have pretended that they inherited a disaster and then waved a magic wand.

The chart you show here is that the percentage drop under Obama as it relates to the unemployed is far superior to those numbers under Trump. And those parallels are drawn before the pandemic hit. Just more bullshit from the right on Trump's so called economic performance.

No matter how the left tries to fudge the numbers while downplaying its strength,
this is the economy Trump built...

US economy grows at record 33.1%, according to second estimate
Initial estimate released last month showed record growth

US economy grows at record 33.1%, according to second estimate | Fox Business

Your post is absolute horseshit and you know it. This 33% increase is a snapshot picture of a rebound in late summer after the
US saw an unprecedented drop on every economic barometer in the second quarter.

My God the straws you people pill out of your ass. Remarkable, On top of all the misdeeds Trump authored. he also failed miserably economically as well.

The worst president this country has ever seen. And to use a quote made popular by Trumpo..."and it's not even close".

Moderator's Warning:
Please do not necro threads from several months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom