• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

List of Officials who sought unmasking of Gen. Flynn

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Last edited:
Fox recently had a lawyer, Bradley Moss, on who put this whole “Obamagate” nonsense in perspective

Here is what he said
Yeah, I'm sitting here trying to figure out what exactly constitutional deprivation was there? What is the crime that people think, you know, Barack Obama and Joe Biden are going to be prosecuted under? To be clear—and this is using the words of President Trump and his lawyers for the last three years—any sitting president can get any classified information they want. According to Donald Trump, they can launch any investigation they want. They can tell the FBI to pursue only particular individuals. This is not me saying it. This is what Donald Trump's been saying for three years.

This was their argument during the Mueller probe. This was their argument during the impeachment investigation. That the president has this kind of authority. So what did we find out? That Barack Obama was aware about intelligence intercepts on the Russian ambassador when he was talking with General Flynn? That there had just been an attack on our election a couple months earlier? We were still dealing with the fallout of Russian election interference in 2016. There was a concern about a counterintelligence prom with Michael Flynn, and they had a discussion.

I'm shocked. I can't believe they had that conversation. What is the crime?

The list has been released. Who do you think leaked the classified information to WaPo? Which of these people committed a 10 year felony? Was it Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Obama's aides, or Joe Biden, Samantha Power.

List of officials who sought to '''unmask''' Flynn released: Biden, Comey, Obama chief of staff among them | Fox News

If you look at the interviews, Powers has already refuted that she did the unmasking which leads to a much scarier concept: outside personnel simply used her ID with no verification of who they were.

Vesper have you read about Rogers and how he sought to revoke the status of the FBI to conduct unmasking? It ties into this as obliquely.

Fox recently had a lawyer, Bradley Moss, on who put this whole “Obamagate” nonsense in perspective

Here is what he said

Violation of 4th amendment rights, surveillance without a warrant, without due cause, and without a crime being investigated. You think its okay for this to happen? The entire purpose of the apparatus is to look at terrorist and national security threats that are NOT Americans. I would think a lot of Democrats could get behind this one as its a gigantic invasion of rights.

If you look at the interviews, Powers has already refuted that she did the unmasking which leads to a much scarier concept: outside personnel simply used her ID with no verification of who they were.

Vesper have you read about Rogers and how he sought to revoke the status of the FBI to conduct unmasking? It ties into this as obliquely.

Yes I know she says she didn't do it. Are you referring to Admiral Rogers? He will be a hero in all of this when it is said and done.

Violation of 4th amendment rights, surveillance without a warrant, without due cause, and without a crime being investigated. You think its okay for this to happen? The entire purpose of the apparatus is to look at terrorist and national security threats that are NOT Americans. I would think a lot of Democrats could get behind this one as its a gigantic invasion of rights.

Unfamiliar with the patriot act I see...

Cry more. We listened to 3 years of the leftist bull**** spew on this forum.
we tried to tell you not to jump into the pool without looking and you failed to listen.

Now that all the corruption and crime and everything else is being exposed all you can do is continue your howling.
guess what it is over.

time to be an adult and hold yourself responsible and apologize to people on this forum and for all the crap we have had to put up with.

all the leftist lies have been exposed for what they are.
let see if you can actually just have an ounce of decency and claim back just a bit of integrity at this point.

not that i expect any leftist to ever do that.

Maybe they should declassify the contents of the call made to Kislyak so the American people can see what reasoning that they had for filing the proper forms and using their security clearance to see who was talking to the Ambassador.

Unfamiliar with the patriot act I see...

Don't support it. Haven't supported its renewal since pre-Obama. Government rarely gets given tools they don't attempt to abuse. Its been abused, get rid of it.

The list has been released. Who do you think leaked the classified information to WaPo/NYT? Which of these people committed a 10 year felony? Was it Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Obama's aides, or Joe Biden, Samantha Power.

List of officials who sought to '''unmask''' Flynn released: Biden, Comey, Obama chief of staff among them | Fox News

Indeed, and this is why Obama, and Chris Christie, told Trump not to hire Flynn. But Trump liked Flynn's secret Russia dealings—so he hired him. And the feds continued investigating him because it's their job.

"Obamagate" is the name of the sordid tale of Trump cavorting with criminals.

The line being tapped belonged to the Russian Ambassador. He’s not entitled to 4th Amendment rights and such monitoring is standard practice the world over. They had no idea that a 3 star General would be calling to make unauthorized commitments that his own superiors were supposedly unaware of. So yeah, I think it’s pretty great that they unwittingly caught a traitor operating at the highest levels of government.

The line being tapped belonged to the Russian Ambassador. He’s not entitled to 4th Amendment rights and such monitoring is standard practice the world over. They had no idea that a 3 star General would be calling to make unauthorized commitments that his own superiors were supposedly unaware of. So yeah, I think it’s pretty great that they unwittingly caught a traitor operating at the highest levels of government.

That is the thing that makes no sense to me as to why the unmasking is a scandal.

Here we have a guy calling up Kislyak saying to not escalate things. The Russians don't escalate things.

It is perfectly reasonable for those with security clearance to go "Hey... i wonder who that guy was" and then file the proper paperwork to find out.

That is the thing that makes no sense to me as to why the unmasking is a scandal.

Here we have a guy calling up Kislyak saying to not escalate things. The Russians don't escalate things.

It is perfectly reasonable for those with security clearance to go "Hey... i wonder who that guy was" and then file the proper paperwork to find out.

Then call him in and question him without Miranda rights or a lawyer present and begin pressuring on a process crime while threatening prosecution of his son unless he gives a coerced confession which contains material lies....

No problem...right?

Trump nation is so damn desperate. :lol:

Its a "scandal" because now that Fox News-Trump world doesn't want to cover the virus anymore, they need something to fill the void. Trump and his boys don't govern, so there's literally have nothing else to do.

Going after Obama seems like a very risky strategy. Yes, his diehard base hate him, but otherwise he is fairly popular.

But then, if you look at the condition of the country now, its not like the Trump team is making very wise decisions.

Then call him in and question him without Miranda rights or a lawyer present and begin pressuring on a process crime while threatening prosecution of his son unless he gives a coerced confession which contains material lies....

No problem...right?

I know... I know... he and Junior are totally innocent of stuff and weren't involved in some under the table dealings that could have landed them both in legal jeopardy and pleading down to a lesser charge of lying about secretly undermining the sitting President's official foreign policy to avoid the full brunt of the law isn't a thing or nothing.

I am sure it would be totally cool if he had a (D) behind his name.

Maybe they should declassify the contents of the call made to Kislyak so the American people can see what reasoning that they had for filing the proper forms and using their security clearance to see who was talking to the Ambassador.

I wouldnt mind seeing the transcript. But if you think there were actual crimes that took place, why was Flynn not indicted for them? The FBI had the transcript before they decided to interview him, so why did they interview him? Answer: because Obama and his team wanted him removed so they set him up. Thats pretty obvious at this point.

Somebody in the Obama administration asking for Flynn's name to be unmasked in relation to the call with Kislyak isn't much of a concern. What is a concern is how many requests were made between November 8th and January 20th. 30+ people getting Flynn's name seems like a whole lot. I'd also like to know what was so doggone important on December 14th, 2016. It seems like everybody from Treasury and NATO was trying to get Flynn's information.

I know... I know... he and Junior are totally innocent of stuff and weren't involved in some under the table dealings that could have landed them both in legal jeopardy and pleading down to a lesser charge of lying about secretly undermining the sitting President's official foreign policy to avoid the full brunt of the law isn't a thing or nothing.

Trump has insisted he can do whatever he wants. But now Obama can't. Doesn't make sense.

This was thoroughly investigated for 3 years and no crimes were discovered. I think the problem is that you guys on the left just refuse to admit you were wrong.

Somebody in the Obama administration asking for Flynn's name to be unmasked in relation to the call with Kislyak isn't much of a concern. What is a concern is how many requests were made between November 8th and January 20th. 30+ people getting Flynn's name seems like a whole lot. I'd also like to know what was so doggone important on December 14th, 2016. It seems like everybody from Treasury and NATO was trying to get Flynn's information.

Flynn's action affected a lot of departments.

I’m not surprised by that. When a 3 star American General in a top national security position is caught scheming with the Russian Ambassador then NATO will be very interested in learning who that is indeed.

Back
Top Bottom