• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

List of American Benedict Arnolds

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I need your help in adding names to this incomplete list of American traitors or treasonous people. Recognizing the enemy (sometimes wearing sheep’s clothing) is of utmost importance to the safety of the American people. Just because every name here is comprised of liberals, Communists, or Communist sympathizers, has not prejudiced or reaffirmed my Conservative standing and beliefs in any way. It is what it is.

Alger Hiss
Aaron Burr
Ethel & Julius Rosenberg
Louis Farrakhan
Ramsey Clark
John Kerry
Jane Fonda
Howard Dean
John Walker Lindh
Lynne F. Stewart
Clayton Lonetree
Robert Garwood
John Murtha
David Bonior
Michael Moore
Jonathan Pollard
Aldrich Ames
Robert Hanssen
Sean Penn
Martin Sheen
Janenne Galofalo

Last edited:
Are you for real or are you just trying to make real conservatives look crazy?

galenrox said:
George W. Bush
Donald Rumsfeld
Dick Cheney
Rush Limbaugh
Scooter Libby
Robert Novak

**Nice shot at parody there Mr. Lefty, but the names you listed are all people that have the defense of our nation foremost in their political assertions. Most of those you listed have kept you and America safe from another 9/11 terrorist attack.
The names I listed have either blatantly committed treason on our country, or have aided and abetted the enemy for the intentions of overthrowing our country. Don't let the facts sway your young liberal mind full of mush. Jane Fonda actually wore the uniform of an NVA soldier when she visited Hanoi in 1969. John Kerry calls our American troops terrorists. Alger Hiss was found to be a Communist spy while taking up a political position in FDR's cabinet. Oh don't we need another Joe McCarthy to help weed out the anti/un Americans. Please give me some quotes from your list of names of something they said that would be considered traitorous. Take your time, sport.

ptsdkid said:
Oh don't we need another Joe McCarthy to help weed out the anti/un Americans.

With all respect, surely you aren't being serious? Another Joe McCarthy?

ptsdkid said:
...the names you listed are all people that have the defense of our nation foremost in their political assertions.

ptsdkid said:
Please give me some quotes from your list of names of something they said that would be considered traitorous. Take your time, sport.

Actions speak louder than words, but there's one quote.

"...the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy."
This from the Downing Street Memos, regarding George Bush and the making of the case for war in Iraq. To lead a country into war on false pretexts is treacherous, I think. And a war hardly makes America safer!

For Scooter Libby, there is no quote, but if he did what he is accused of and leaked Ms. Valerie Plame's identity to punish her whistle-blowing husband, surely he is a traitor? Certainly blowing a C.I.A. agent's cover doesn't help national security. Novak's reporting it makes him complicit as far as betraying national security goes, though admittedly, he was only doing his job. He's dirtied his hands elsewhere, though. Treason? If John Murtha is a traitor, then I'd say a case could be made for Bob Novak's being one. I would say the same of Mr. Limbaugh; not a traitor by my standards, but then neither are a good many of the names on your list.

Dick Cheney wants far greater power for el presidente; he says as much regularly. Undermining checks and balances is, I would say, treacherous. Certainly it contributes (without doubt in the long term and probably in the short, as well) to instability, and the stable nations are usually, I think, safer than the unstable.

Donald Rumsfeld had a hand in the creation of Project for the New American Century, ye olde militant think tank. To want American "global supremacy" for its own sake (rather than to use American power for the good because others lack the same power) undermines the very idea of freedom. And overreaching makes people mad; overreaching with your military could make them use theirs.

Sorry for the paucity of quotes.

Last edited:
Does this belong in "Political Platforms"?

For some reason I don't think so.

Can you give me an explanation of how these people are planning to overthrow the government, PTSDKID?

scottyz said:
Are you for real or are you just trying to make real conservatives look crazy?

You know... I think he's for real here. I'm not so sure, but I really think he is.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -Theodore Roosevelt

Lefty said:
You know... I think he's for real here. I'm not so sure, but I really think he is.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -Theodore Roosevelt
/SARCASM/

What? Roosevelt said that? Add him to the list!!!!!!!!!!!

/SARCASM/

Hasn't Ptsdkid been warned about creating inflammatory, undebateable threads outside of the basement? Why hasn't he been banned yet?

Kandahar said:
Hasn't Ptsdkid been warned about creating inflammatory, undebateable threads outside of the basement? Why hasn't he been banned yet?

I have a question for you........What fun would it be if all Conservatives were banned from this forum? You Liberals could just sit around and praise one another and bitch about how Conservatives are running almost every facet of this country.........

Navy Pride said:
I have a question for you........What fun would it be if all Conservatives were banned from this forum? You Liberals could just sit around and praise one another and bitch about how Conservatives are running almost every facet of this country.........

It's not a matter of partisanship, it's a matter of having civilized discourse. There is nothing to this thread except inflammatory, troll-like non-content.

galenrox said:
dude, it's not banning the conservatives, it's banning the idiots who couldn't form a logical argument if one was taking a **** on their shoes, so instead waste everyone's time posting bullshit and flames.
Like you, despite our problems, we're cool. Ptskid and me, we're not cool. The difference is that you **** me off, but in your special way, and you will actually argue from time to time. Ptskid is too dumb to ever actually argue.

Well I think that people on both sides of the aisle make stupid statements, well maybe except me.........Just kidding.....;)

Originally Posted by Navy Pride
Check it out dude, liberals don't do this. You don't find "liberals only" websites. But you do find "conservatives only" websites. I know, because I've been to them, I've been kicked off them, and I've been prevented from joining them. That's why I think consevatives are unfit (mentally) to be in any position of government. Because all these sites that are conservatives only remind me of a guy that moves in with a bunch of buddy's that don't know any girls, and then complains about why he can't get a date! Well, duh...

These conservative only websites (like "moveamericaforward.com") just want to be around their own kind, which is mentally unhealthy when you hold a public office and have to deal with people from the entire spectrum of humanity.

Last edited:
Check it out dude, liberals don't do this. You don't find "liberals only" websites

Dude guess you have not heard of moveon.org or michaelmoore and cindysheehan.com huh?:confused:

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Dude guess you have not heard of moveon.org or michaelmoore and cindysheehan.com huh?
Go join them. I'm not joking. Go join them. If they prevent you from logging on, I'll shut up.

Conservative only websites do just that.

Billo_Really said:
Go join them. I'm not joking. Go join them. If they prevent you from logging on, I'll shut up.

Come now. I'm as liberal as they come, but I don't think that exclusionary standpoints are exclusive to conservative sites. There are just as many nutty liberals as there are conservatives, and I am sure you wouldn't be hard pressed to find unreasonable people on both sides of the fence.

Engimo said:
Come now. I'm as liberal as they come, but I don't think that exclusionary standpoints are exclusive to conservative sites. There are just as many nutty liberals as there are conservatives, and I am sure you wouldn't be hard pressed to find unreasonable people on both sides of the fence.

Yeah I have to agree. Actually it's radical liberals that tend to **** me off more than radical conservatives. I think it's because I feel like they are making me and everyone else on the left look crazy even though I don't hold the same beliefs. You know the kind of people I'm talking about. The ones that would have a good point, but always take it too far.

Though conservative websites do seem to more often have a close-minded view, and though many of the liberal websites I've been to have an open-minded stance on debate, not all have this policy.

Originally posted by Engimo:
I'm not debating that. What I am saying is, conservative only websites filter their members. I have tried to get passwords, or have my account authorized, at several conservative only websites, like moveamericaforward.com. I, to this date, have not received any passwords or account authorizations. Even after they said they would send me them. Even after I emailed back that I had not received them. This is bullshit.

I don't know of any liberal website that does this.

Originally posted by Lefty:
Yeah I have to agree. Actually it's radical liberals that tend to **** me off more than radical conservatives. They **** me off because I feel like they are making me and everyone else on the left look crazy even though I don't hold the same beliefs. Though conservative websites do seem to more often have a close-minded view, and though many of the liberal websites I've been to have an open-minded stance on debate, not all have this policy.
What policy are you talking about?

Billo_Really said:
I'm not debating that. What I am saying is, conservative only websites filter their members. I have tried to get passwords, or have my account authorized, at several conservative only websites, like moveamericaforward.com. I, to this date, have not received any passwords or account authorizations. Even after they said they would send me them. Even after I emailed back that I had not received them. This is bullshit.

I don't know of any liberal website that does this.

That's funny, because I just joined the moveamericaforward message boards in about 30 seconds. :confused:

Billo_Really said:
What policy are you talking about?

Some of the sites I used to go to had a closed-minded policy. Though most sites seem to be open to debate, whereas I have been IP banned from some conservative sites for even mentioning I was a democrat, or if I gave the impression that I was slightly to the left. Most conservatives that get banned from liberal sites seem to be spammers with no more intention than wasting people's time with nonsense, but it would be unfair to say the same thing doesn't happen on conservative sites. It's been awhile, but there were a few sites I used to go to that would ban people without furthor thought if it became obvious that they were conservatives, though as I said before, most of the time the people were trolling.

I'm trying not to be unfair and say it doesn't happen on liberal sites, even though I would definitely have to say that without question it happens more often on conservative sites than liberal sites.

Originally posted by Enigma:
That's funny, because I just joined the moveamericaforward message boards in about 30 seconds
Now why don't you go over there and ask them why they won't let me join. I used my same user name. Ask what the problem they got with billo.

Originally posted by Lefty:
Some of the sites I used to go to had a closed-minded policy. Though most sites seem to be open to debate, whereas I have been IP banned from some conservative sites for even mentioning I was a democrat, or if I gave the impression that I was slightly to the left. Most conservatives that get banned from liberal sites seem to be spammers with no more intention than wasting people's time with nonsense, but it would be unfair to say the same thing doesn't happen on conservative sites. It's been awhile, but there were a few sites I used to go to that would ban people without furthor thought if it became obvious that they were conservatives, though as I said before, most of the time the people were trolling.

I'm trying not to be unfair and say it doesn't happen on liberal sites, even though I would definitely have to say that without question it happens more often on conservative sites than liberal sites.
That's all I'm saying, Holmes.

Billo_Really said:
Now why don't you go over there and ask them why they won't let me join. I used my same user name. Ask what the problem they got with billo.

I suggest trying a different email, it's probably logistical error.

And my name is "Engimo", by the way.

Billo_Really said:

Why would you want to join a Conservative website and how do they know your a Liberal?:confused:

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Why would you want to join a Conservative website and how do they know your a Liberal?
Because I think it is mentally unhealthy to hang with your own kind. You don't get a good opinion of the world around you. You get one perspective and that's it. Just one. You got no business being in government with only one perspective that you know of. None.

I don't tell them I'm a liberal. Ever since I got kicked off the Factor, I think my email address is in a computer file that is accessed by all these conservative only websites which automatically prevents me from joining.

Back
Top Bottom