• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lindsey Graham -- quintessential bureaucrat

Amelia

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Graham: Withdrawal of US troops in Syria could lead to Kurdish deaths

Graham is right up there with Putin, Kim, Xi and Ergodan in knowing how to butter up our ignorant, narcissistic president.

He acts like a outraged lunatic during the Kavanaugh hearings because he knows Trump, The Audience of One, will respond well to that.

And when he wants Trump to keep the troops in Syria, he is in perfect position to deliver the perfect message with the perfect punchline.

"I'm asking the President to make sure that we have troops there to protect us. Don't outsource our national security to some foreign power," Graham said. "If we leave now the Kurds will get in a fight with Turkey, they could get slaughtered. Who would help you in the future?"

"And this is something you're going to tell the President today?" Bash asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to ask the President to do something President Obama would never do: reconsider," Graham replied.

If anything can keep Trump from walking out on the Kurds, those will be the magic words. "Something Obama would never do."

Last edited:
Paging Rand Paul! Rand, quick, Trump might listen to chicken hawk Lindsey Graham!

Graham is right up there with Putin, Kim, Xi and Ergodan in knowing how to butter up our ignorant, narcissistic president.

He acts like a outraged lunatic during the Kavanaugh hearings because he knows Trump, The Audience of One, will respond well to that.

And when he wants Trump to keep the troops in Syria, he is in perfect position to deliver the perfect message with the perfect punchline.

If anything can keep Trump from walking out on the Kurds, those will be the magic words. "Something Obama would never do."

Graham does what ever Master tRump wants him to do.

Graham couldn't care less what Trump thinks. All of his rhetoric is for the public.

Yeah, he really is pulling out all the stops there. I don't think it's going to work, though.

And for him, their utter falsehood is a generous dollop of icing.

He is my senator, and is well hated in SC. He only keeps getting re-elected because no one will primary him, and SC is extremely republican so republicans always automatically win the general election. It's really an odd situation.

Other than being a war hawk, I don't really mind the guy even though I haven't voted for many republicans in years. He seems to be a very moderate republican.

I'm no sure at all why he gets so much press, but it seems to me that on the national level, SC politicians often seem to be very visible. Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, Trey Gowdy, Joe "You Lie" Wilson, Mark "Hiking the Appalachian Trail" Sanford, etc.

Trump might reconsider. But the he will remember how far out on the "leave Syria" plank he has walked and decide not to saw it off behind him.

In fact even the way Trump has framed the discussion leaves him no real options:
To Erdogan according to Trump: We are outta' here!
To us according to Trump: I gave the Generals six months and then I gave them another six months after that and another six months after that.

He has rejected his Sec of Def all the way up to a caustic resignation and NOW Trump is going to saw off that plank he is waaaaaaayyyy out on????? I doubt it.

Graham (a USAF Reserve Captain I believe) is good with military related stuff and he has visited Iraq and Afghanistan many times, visited the Kurds in Syria, and spent last Christmas in eastern Ukraine with government soldiers.

I respect that.

But he did change after John McCain passed. And his heated defense of Kavanaugh was a put-on and sickening.

Graham (a USAF Reserve Captain I believe) is good with military related stuff and he has visited Iraq and Afghanistan many times, visited the Kurds in Syria, and spent last Christmas in eastern Ukraine with government soldiers.

I respect that.

But he did change after John McCain passed. And his heated defense of Kavanaugh was a put-on and sickening.

He and Rand Paul are being pragmatic. In order to enact their policies they need to be nice to Trump. Republicans that have followed the Corker/Flake route have failed miserably.

This is called politics.

What an ignorant title, bureaucrats aren't elected. Graham is a legislator for good or ill.

He is my senator, and is well hated in SC. He only keeps getting re-elected because no one will primary him, and SC is extremely republican so republicans always automatically win the general election. It's really an odd situation.

Other than being a war hawk, I don't really mind the guy even though I haven't voted for many republicans in years. He seems to be a very moderate republican.

I'm no sure at all why he gets so much press, but it seems to me that on the national level, SC politicians often seem to be very visible. Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, Trey Gowdy, Joe "You Lie" Wilson, Mark "Hiking the Appalachian Trail" Sanford, etc.

He gets so much press because he is always willing to engage if asked.

Prolly the closet gay thing....

Don't know about the Russian dirt thing, but Republicans entering Trump's office as critics and leaving his office as koolaid drinkers is an extremely common occurrence. He's either genuinely charismatic or he has biggest bag of blackmail in the universe.

I remember both Lindsey and Rand Paul were big time critics of Trump until they played golf with him. The visible changes after those golf outings were shocking.

Let's set Trump hatred aside for a minute, if that is possible, and look at the broader picture. Dear Lindsey is pretending to have a spine when his advisors tell him it is politically convenient. That's all there is to it.

Don't know about the Russian dirt thing, but Republicans entering Trump's office as critics and leaving his office as koolaid drinkers is an extremely common occurrence. He's either genuinely charismatic or he has biggest bag of blackmail in the universe.

I think Pelosi is one who taught that game. The old girl has mastered it to perfection.

I think Pelosi is one who taught that game. The old girl has mastered it to perfection.

Has she? I don't know. I only know that Republicans have been entering Trump's office saying, "Catapulting babies into a volcano is bad!" and coming out saying "We need to catapult all the babies into a volcano right now!"

It really is bizarre how Republicans can change their position by 180 degrees so consistently.

Graham couldn't care less what Trump thinks. All of his rhetoric is for the public.

Yes, and he's another one who is addicted to the cameras.

No one cares about Beverly Leslies grandstanding. He is an attention whore. Only topped (no pun intended) by Trump himself.

Has she? I don't know. I only know that Republicans have been entering Trump's office saying, "Catapulting babies into a volcano is bad!" and coming out saying "We need to catapult all the babies into a volcano right now!"

It really is bizarre how Republicans can change their position by 180 degrees so consistently.

It has been said that she visited " many offices" before she went to Hawaii, making sure she will be speaker. Of course we aren't privy to the conversations, but one must wonder, with all the negativity surrounding Ms Pelosi, why are we led to believe that she will be speaker?

It has been said that she visited " many offices" before she went to Hawaii, making sure she will be speaker. Of course we aren't privy to the conversations, but one must wonder, with all the negativity surrounding Ms Pelosi, why are we led to believe that she will be speaker?

Because the negativity is primary coming from Conservatives, who fear her because she’s so unrelentingly competent.

I do love how you think visiting offices to organize support is somehow ‘suspicious’. Says a lot.

The main reason she will be Speaker is that nobody dares oppose her.

Back
Top Bottom