• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

lindsey graham and others said trump is bad

They said trump is bad until he won and then all the sudden they supported him.

Consider that until 2012 Trump was a life-long NYC Democrat, friends of the Clintons for 20+ years, and a massive supporter of Hillary for President in 2008. Then he registers as a Republican in 2012 for the very first time in his life, expressly for the purpose of seeking the GOP nomination for President in 2016. I have no fondness for Lindsay Graham, but in this case he was right. Nobody epitomizes the definition of RINO better than Trump.

NOTE: In 2000 Trump briefly became a member of the Reform Party when he ran for President. After losing he reverted back to being a Democrat once again. He was a Reform Party member for less than a year.

Consider that until 2012 Trump was a life-long NYC Democrat, friends of the Clintons for 20+ years, and a massive supporter of Hillary for President in 2008. Then he registers as a Republican in 2012 for the very first time in his life, expressly for the purpose of seeking the GOP nomination for President in 2016. I have no fondness for Lindsay Graham, but in this case he was right. Nobody epitomizes the definition of RINO better than Trump.

NOTE: In 2000 Trump briefly became a member of the Reform Party when he ran for President. After losing he reverted back to being a Democrat once again. He was a Reform Party member for less than a year.
tRump labeled a RINO, ironic considering the MAGA/Rabid Right lost their little minds over him. He was the second coming, Easter Bunny and Santa Claus with a touch of Rambo until he lost, then the veneer started to fall but still the Spineless GOP politicians and the witless MAGA voters clung to him. The next few years will be VERY interesting as the MAGA crowd tries to keep the GOP inline and moderate Republicans realizing the Rabid Right is a ticket to loserville, but if they say anything MAGA will push a very radical nominee into the primary of a very gerrymandered district and the moderate is out the door... :unsure:

The roosters have come home to roost, or cuckoos have taken over the nest and pushed all rational birds out... ✌️

lol I predicted this trend ages ago.

lol I predicted this trend ages ago.
I saw it happening in 1994 after the GOP took back the House for the first time in 40 years. Suddenly hundreds of life-long Democrats switched parties to become Republicans. That trend as continued since then, with the GOP nominating leftist filth pretenders one right after another since 2000. Until now there are maybe half a dozen conservatives in the Senate and maybe a dozen in the House. The rest of Congress are leftist filth, both Republican and Democrat alike.

I saw it happening in 1994 after the GOP took back the House for the first time in 40 years. Suddenly hundreds of life-long Democrats switched parties to become Republicans. That trend as continued since then, with the GOP nominating leftist filth pretenders one right after another since 2000. Until now there are maybe half a dozen conservatives in the Senate and maybe a dozen in the House. The rest of Congress are leftist filth, both Republican and Democrat alike.
hahahahahahah.

There are like eight people in Congress who are "leftist."

hahahahahahah.

There are like eight people in Congress who are "leftist."
Everyone who voted for the illegal $2.5 trillion dollar CARES Act of 2020 and the illegal $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill are leftist pieces of shit. Which includes just about everyone, except for the four Republicans in the Senate that didn't vote.

Everyone who voted for the illegal $2.5 trillion dollar CARES Act of 2020 and the illegal $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill are leftist pieces of shit. Which includes just about everyone, except for the four Republicans in the Senate that didn't vote.
More nonsense .....

What exactly was illegal?

lol. infrastructure spending is "leftist?"

Hey guys, literally every nation in human history has been leftist!!!

More nonsense .....

What exactly was illegal?
Everything, but the federal courts have already held numerous pieces of it unconstitutional, such as the CDC eviction moratorium.

Furthermore, only the States have the exclusive authority to spend taxpayer money on infrastructure, not the federal government. Which makes the infrastructure bill yet another violation of the Tenth Amendment.

lol. infrastructure spending is "leftist?"

Hey guys, literally every nation in human history has been leftist!!!
When leftist pieces of shit seize that authority and illegally centralize it under the federal government, then yes, not only is it illegal is it very leftist indeed. It goes back to Mussolini's definition of fascism, "everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State." It is that collectivism, the overwhelming desire to centralize all authority, that makes it leftist.

Don't ever forget that Graham was best buds with Lying John McCain.

Don't ever forget that Graham was best buds with Lying John McCain.
Graham would never get my vote, and neither did McCain. The last Republican candidate for President that I voted for was Bush41 in 1992. I can't stomach who the GOP has been nominating for the last 20+ years. They aren't even remotely conservative, fiscal or otherwise. I do not vote for leftist filth, regardless of which political party they happen to be a member, and I place Graham in that category right along with McCain. As far as I'm concerned, McCain should have served prison time for his involvement with the Keating Five. Once again we had a Department of Justice playing favorites for leftists.

When leftist pieces of shit seize that authority and illegally centralize it under the federal government, then yes, not only is it illegal is it very leftist indeed. It goes back to Mussolini's definition of fascism, "everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State." It is that collectivism, the overwhelming desire to centralize all authority, that makes it leftist.
There's nothing illegal about infrastructure spending. Calm down.

WOW, you are channeling some rabid stuff... :rolleyes:

What do you call a conservative???

It would appear a majority is done with MAGA filth... ✌️

Furthermore, only the States have the exclusive authority to spend taxpayer money on infrastructure, not the federal government.
Aren't bridges, roads, and trains infrastructure? Doesn't federal money help build and/or maintain those assets?

Where did the states get this exclusive authority?

Furthermore, only the States have the exclusive authority to spend taxpayer money on infrastructure, not the federal government. Which makes the infrastructure bill yet another violation of the Tenth Amendment.
Early last century he Good Roads Movement offered a vision for a national highway network funded by states and federal aid. In 1916 Congress passed the Federal Road Aid Act, which allowed the federal government to grant funds to the states to construct a national highway system known today as U.S. Highways identified by a two digit number.

Before then, from 1789, Congress bought land in a state then turned it over to the state, to include land it owned already. The state sold all or most of the land then used the proceeds to construct roads. It's a civil partnership for the public good.

images

U.S. Interstate Highway System
images

Federal grants are distributed to the states to construct jointly agreed roads that connect and link rationally.
The funding share is 90% federal, 10% state. It produces an integrated national roadway system. The
10th Amendment remains alive, well, and obtuse as always.

Seen here is the National Defense Highway System enacted in 1956 and completed in 1978. It is identified
with Potus Eisenhower but driven by the Democratic Party controlled Congress with which Eisenhower
conferred closely. It was the Good Ol' Days when the priority of elected officials was the nation and
not foreign failed ideologies smuggled into the nation.

From the US Constitution, you may want to read it some day. :rolleyes:
Laughing, you must read tea leaves with the same accuracy.... :sneaky:

Guess you are ignorant of the Federal Highway system. Conservatives embraced the system as a means to move the military in time of crisis. Business embraced it to counter the stranglehold the rail system had on moving goods.

The Army Corps of Engineers maintains reservoirs, and lock systems on major waterways. The Feds maintain Air Traffic control (it's lack of proper funding is blamed for the rigid system using outdated equipment)

But please, push the tea leaves aside and point to where the Constitution bars the federal government from infrastructure spending??? ✌️

Back
Top Bottom