• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Lincoln Project announces coalition of Republican women against Trump

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Lincoln Project announces coalition of Republican women against Trump | TheHill

A group of Republican women will lead a coalition formed by the anti-Trump GOP group The Lincoln Project in encouraging female voters to oust the president on Election Day.

The Lincoln Project’s Women’s Coalition consists of 19 women opposed to President Trump who are calling for other women to cast votes for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.).

“Women will decide the outcome of this election. The coalition is dedicated to uniting all women who recognize the threat this President poses to the future of our Republic and turning them out to vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,” Jennifer Horn, co-founder of The Lincoln Project and a member of the coalition, said in a statement. “The future of our families, our communities and our country lie in our hands.”
=================================================
Good luck to them.

Fake News, Democrats stealing the election, "They are not Republicans anyway!," "They are just ungrateful women!"

(That about sum up the likely response?)

Lincoln Project announces coalition of Republican women against Trump | TheHill

A group of Republican women will lead a coalition formed by the anti-Trump GOP group The Lincoln Project in encouraging female voters to oust the president on Election Day.

The Lincoln Project’s Women’s Coalition consists of 19 women opposed to President Trump who are calling for other women to cast votes for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.).

“Women will decide the outcome of this election. The coalition is dedicated to uniting all women who recognize the threat this President poses to the future of our Republic and turning them out to vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,” Jennifer Horn, co-founder of The Lincoln Project and a member of the coalition, said in a statement. “The future of our families, our communities and our country lie in our hands.”
=================================================
Good luck to them.

I certainly welcome their alliance, but most of these seem to be neocons who I will likely oppose in other elections.

I certainly welcome their alliance, but most of these seem to be neocons who I will likely oppose in other elections.

Well naturally. Despising Donald Trump does not mean someone is left-wing anymore than despising someone like Ilhan Omar does not make someone right-wing.

Well naturally. Despising Donald Trump does not mean someone is left-wing anymore than despising someone like Ilhan Omar does not make someone right-wing.

I make mention of it because I have seen people thinking that this is going to lead to an expansion of the democratic tent which I don't think will happen in future elections.

However, there seems to be indication that there will be some serious infighting in the GOP if Trump loses, which may throw my attempt at a prediction into doubt.

I make mention of it because I have seen people thinking that this is going to lead to an expansion of the democratic tent which I don't think will happen in future elections.

However, there seems to be indication that there will be some serious infighting in the GOP if Trump loses, which may throw my attempt at a prediction into doubt.

Well, I think that is a mug's game. If the Democratic Party wishes to become the glad-handing "Party of all, excluder of none, being all things to all people" Party, that is a sure fire way to attain power. Look at the Democratic Party Machine in Chicago; they will never lose an election and they have attained permanent monopoly power. Or, for a foreign example, look at the Liberal Democrat Party of Japan. They have retained monopoly power in their country for decades. But it is also a way to make sure that the people suffer unending stagnation under your rule with mainly the already-privileged benefiting and the formation of permanent underclasses. Again, Japan's economy and society is stagnant, and I attribute it largely to a political class that protects vested interests at all costs. Look at Chicago: The rich parts of Chicago have apparently stayed rich, beautiful and well-maintained. Meanwhile, the impoverished parts of Chicago and those who live in them have remained poor, immiserated and largely unchanged for decades. And that is because the Democratic Party, in spite of being literally the only named political party with seats on the City Council (I think there was one independent?) for years, they have no interest in changing the situation. If they did, it would have changed.

So in summation: big tent parties are a great way for a political class to assert itself, establish single-party rule, and make sure that nothing changes for better or for worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom