• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lincoln Lawyer

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I really liked the 2011 film with Matthew McConaughey. Now NETFLIX is releasing a series. I have not watched the trailer yet, but I am disappointed in the original thinking that Hollywood seems to lack. I’ll look in, but the original will be a tough lift to surpass.

The books are pretty good but I don't think it will make for a good series. Better to stick to Bosch, written by the same author

The books are pretty good but I don't think it will make for a good series. Better to stick to Bosch, written by the same author
My bil likes the Bosch books and series. I like the actor, he had a role in Deadwood, IIRC.
I just never liked the series and I have read a couple of the books. I have been leaning into history as far as the reading here lately.

Update: Eight episodes in and it’s a dog, imo. The missus wants to see the series through, so I’ll keep her company. Overacted, plot is ridiculous and I am no lawyer, but the courtroom parts are terrible.

Update: Eight episodes in and it’s a dog, imo. The missus wants to see the series through, so I’ll keep her company. Overacted, plot is ridiculous and I am no lawyer, but the courtroom parts are terrible.

Which is why I thought it would make a bad series. The books have a much more realistic courtroom parts but I knew that would not fly for TV.

Back
Top Bottom