• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lil Wayne charged with federal weapons crime

I would have to disagree. The Gun Control Act of 1968 which prohibits convicted felons from possessing firearms is one of the biggest violations of the 2A and Lyndon B Johnson was one of the worst and most corrupt presidents in American history.

Wait....you think felons should have access to firearms?

This, you must explain.

Particularly as it applies to violent felons with a history of firearm violence.

When you are a felon, your rights to the Second Amendment are not "infringed"....they are forfeit; I understand that is a two syllable word and may confuse you, but in layman's terms, they gave up the right to the Second Amendment by virtue of their actions.
George Washington and the Continental Army were all felons according to the British and King George, I suppose they forfeited their Second Amendment rights.

George Washington and the Continental Army were all felons according to the British and King George, I suppose they forfeited their Second Amendment rights.

🙄

Yeah, we are done....mental gymnastics complete, Judges award a score of : 0

This, you must explain.

Particularly as it applies to violent felons with a history of firearm violence.
Anybody who can't be trusted with firearms is not ready to be let out. A violent felon who can't be trusted with a gun shouldn't be let out of prison, plain and simple. People that rape, murder, and do other horrendous stuff should get life sentences without parole.

The fact of the matter is that the Bill Of Rights does not grant rights, it identifies rights that are granted by a higher power. The Right To Keep And Bear Arms is identified as one of those rights by the Second Amendment. To say, "you're a convicted felon Im taking away your gun rights," the government does not have that authority and in doing so it is crossing a line its not supposed to cross. The only power that has the authority to make that decision is the same higher power that granted the right in the first place.

Its really not a matter of whether or not you, me, or the government thinks felons should or shouldn't have access to guns, its a matter of neither you, me, or the government having the authority to make that decision. If we want to make this country a safer place we have to find other alternatives. Longer sentences is one of my alternatives.

This, you must explain.

As far as I know, he has no history of violence at all.

I would have to disagree. The Gun Control Act of 1968 which prohibits convicted felons from possessing firearms is one of the biggest violations of the 2A and Lyndon B Johnson was one of the worst and most corrupt presidents in American history.

I totally agree. I don't see how anyone can believe the GCA is consistent with the 2A.

I totally agree. I don't see how anyone can believe the GCA is consistent with the 2A.
And yet it has been on the books for over 50 years and the Supreme Court has failed to declare it unconstitutional for over 50 years.

And yet it has been on the books for over 50 years and the Supreme Court has failed to declare it unconstitutional for over 50 years.

Well, a government-run court is typically going to rule in favor of the government.

It looks like Bum has left the building.

It looks like Bum has left the building.

Bums life does not revolve around you, but to address your quote: The founding fathers were, at the time considered terrorists by the Crown....However, the fact that you resort to hyperbole and overlook the fact that the 2A didnt exist then does nothing for your argument.

Regarding this bizarre statement:

" Anybody who can't be trusted with firearms is not ready to be let out. A violent felon who can't be trusted with a gun shouldn't be let out of prison, plain and simple. People that rape, murder, and do other horrendous stuff should get life sentences without parole. "

People that do murder often do recieve life without parole, or the death penalty....believing that people with violent criminal histories should have access to firearms is akin to thinking convicted pedophiles should be allowed to open daycares.

As for locking them up all forever, thats between you and your state/federal legislator.

Bums life does not revolve around you, but to address your quote: The founding fathers were, at the time considered terrorists by the Crown....However, the fact that you resort to hyperbole and overlook the fact that the 2A didnt exist then does nothing for your argument.
The Right To Keep And Bear Arms did exist back then. It existed before the 2A or the BOR or the US Constitution was written. The 2A does not grant the Right To Keep And Bear Arms it identifies it. Such a right is a constant, it always has existed and it always will exist until and unless the same higher power that granted it says otherwise.

Such a right is a God given right or a natural right which means its granted by God or by whatever higher power you might believe in, a power above the government.

" Anybody who can't be trusted with firearms is not ready to be let out. A violent felon who can't be trusted with a gun shouldn't be let out of prison, plain and simple. People that rape, murder, and do other horrendous stuff should get life sentences without parole. "
People that do murder often do recieve life without parole, or the death penalty....believing that people with violent criminal histories should have access to firearms is akin to thinking convicted pedophiles should be allowed to open daycares.
Its not a matter of whether or not I think people with violent criminal histories should or shouldn't have access of firearms, the issue is that its not up to you or me or the government to make such a decision. If people with violent criminal histories shouldn't have access to firearms that is a decision that only the same higher power that granted the right can make.

As for locking them up all forever, thats between you and your state/federal legislator.
If we want to make the USA a safer place we have to find other alternatives, longer sentences including life sentences is my alternative.

The Right To Keep And Bear Arms did exist back then. It existed before the 2A or the BOR or the US Constitution was written. The 2A does not grant the Right To Keep And Bear Arms it identifies it. Such a right is a constant, it always has existed and it always will exist until and unless the same higher power that granted it says otherwise.

Such a right is a God given right or a natural right which means its granted by God or by whatever higher power you might believe in, a power above the government.

Its not a matter of whether or not I think people with violent criminal histories should or shouldn't have access of firearms, the issue is that its not up to you or me or the government to make such a decision. If people with violent criminal histories shouldn't have access to firearms that is a decision that only the same higher power that granted the right can make.

If we want to make the USA a safer place we have to find other alternatives, longer sentences including life sentences is my alternative.

Yeah....tell you what, you get that "higher power" on the phone and explain to him/her/it just how it ought to be according to you, and get it changed......Im sure that higher power will get right on it.

In the mean time, we'll just go with keeping firearms out of the hands of felons and other prohibited persons.

We can now cease discussing this matter as I have no interest in responding to anyone that believes reductio ad absurdum is a valid form of debate outside of the cartoon network.

Lil Wayne could face a lengthy prison sentence after being hit with a serious federal weapon's charge.
On Nov. 17, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida has charged the rapper with 1 count of possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon

If convicted, he needs to be hammered with the max penalty; all felons in possession of a firearms should be given the longest possible time in the slam.....enough of the slap on the hand catch and release BS.
A rapper facing criminal firearm charges? Color me shocked!

Reactions: Bum
A shame he cant be charged with a fashion crime, because a gold plated gun?

Tacky in the extreme...
Maybe The Man with the Golden Gun was his favorite movie.

Reactions: Bum
Yeah....tell you what, you get that "higher power" on the phone and explain to him/her/it just how it ought to be according to you, and get it changed......Im sure that higher power will get right on it.

In the mean time, we'll just go with keeping firearms out of the hands of felons and other prohibited persons.

We can now cease discussing this matter as I have no interest in responding to anyone that believes reductio ad absurdum is a valid form of debate outside of the cartoon network.
If we want to keep firearms out of the hands of felons and other prohibited persons we can do so by giving them longer sentences. You are just another one of those people who claims to be for gun rights but really isn't. There are others like you such as Wayne LaPierre and because of that I am no longer a fan of his and I don't plan on renewing my NRA membership, instead Im switching to GOA.

BTW Justice Barrett would disagree with you about felons having their 2A rights permanently revoked, at least if they were convicted of non violent crimes.

Back
Top Bottom