• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Likud Minister Uses IDF Murderer To Bolster Campaign

oneworld2

Handsome Pitbull
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
“I am sitting next to my friend Elor Azaria, whom we enlisted in our primary campaign, and with God’s help, together with him, we will succeed,” Mazuz says in the video, according to a translation by Lahav Harkov of the Jerusalem Post.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/25...r-soldier-executed-prone-palestinian-suspect/

Likud minister Yaron Mazuz has posted videos of himself shaking hands with notorious IDF murderer Elor Azaria in a bid to rally support for his primary election campaign.

Azaria was convicted of killing Abdel Fattah al-Sharif after the Palestinian had attacked and stabbed an IDF soldier in Hebron. I video surfaced in the wake of the attack showing Azaria firing a single bullet into the head of Abdel Fattah al-Sharif as he lay motionless on the ground having already been shot and incapacitated prior to Azaria appearance.

Azaria served just 9 months in jail after the killing and was released to a heroes welcome. He is seen by many on the right of Israeli politics as a national hero and his trial and verdict was met with outrage by some within their ranks.

As I have said on many occasions, the ugliness of this conflict and it's entrenched , intractable nature , has had and continues to have a corrosive effect on both sets of people involved. The use of a convicted killer to gain support for an election campaign kind of tells us where we are at once again , as if we really needed reminding

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/25...r-soldier-executed-prone-palestinian-suspect/

Likud minister Yaron Mazuz has posted videos of himself shaking hands with notorious IDF murderer Elor Azaria in a bid to rally support for his primary election campaign.

Azaria was convicted of killing Abdel Fattah al-Sharif after the Palestinian had attacked and stabbed an IDF soldier in Hebron. I video surfaced in the wake of the attack showing Azaria firing a single bullet into the head of Abdel Fattah al-Sharif as he lay motionless on the ground having already been shot and incapacitated prior to Azaria appearance.

Azaria served just 9 months in jail after the killing and was released to a heroes welcome. He is seen by many on the right of Israeli politics as a national hero and his trial and verdict was met with outrage by some within their ranks.

As I have said on many occasions, the ugliness of this conflict and it's entrenched , intractable nature , has had and continues to have a corrosive effect on both sets of people involved. The use of a convicted killer to gain support for an election campaign kind of tells us where we are at once again , as if we really needed reminding

What a mess... I'm sure the usual suspects will be in here very soon making excuses...I hope I'm wrong. How much lower can Israel set the bar?

What a mess... I'm sure the usual suspects will be in here very soon making excuses...I hope I'm wrong. How much lower can Israel set the bar?

Yeah. Sometimes rule of law only matters when it's for people you like; if not then meh.

Yaron Mazuz is an idiot, but you need to set your fscts straight. and what is the point of this thread? there are much more outrageous politicians than him in Israel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

. How much lower can Israel set the bar?

How about paying alamony for convicted terrorists like the Palestinians do? seems lower

Let's see if it gets lower than terrorist attacks on innocent civilians....

And the Palestinians cheering that.

On the other hand, 18 months imprisonment, 12 months probation, rank demotion in the case of the manslaughter conviction...

Now let's see... How many times have Palestinians been convicted by the Palestinians for manslaughter for killing Israeli citizens?

Anyone?

Last edited:
How about paying alamony for convicted terrorists like the Palestinians do? seems lower

On the other hand, 18 months imprisonment, 12 months probation, rank demotion in the case of the manslaughter conviction...

Now let's see... How many times have Palestinians been convicted by the Palestinians for manslaughter for killing Israeli citizens?

Anyone?

That's gross too.

Of course...that does nothing to reduce the grossness of Israel's behavior...something that apologists never seem to remember. "Screw those guys, we're gonna show how superior we are by being just as bad as they are". So goes the logic of the middle east, on both sides of this never ending conflict.

Yaron Mazuz is an idiot, but you need to set your fscts straight. and what is the point of this thread? there are much more outrageous politicians than him in Israel.

Worse than making a murderer their mascot? Dang...that's terrifying.

It is murder in the same sense that the brave and heroic (no sarcasm) American Navy Seals shot and executed unarmed bin-Laden at his house.
While it is illegal and the soldier should have been punished as he was by the IDF court - because the rule of law is important and protects everyone - it is hardly as immoral as killing an innocent.

As said here earlier, it's incomparable with Palestinians who actually root for the murderers of completely innocent people, and not for the killing of monsters who assault another human being with a knife and stab them trying to take away their life. That Israeli citizens who are targets of similar monsters will be rooting for someone who executed one of those isn't strange at all. I'm sure French people were rooting for the execution of ISIS members even those who haven't attacked them after the Paris terror attack.

It is murder in the same sense that the brave and heroic (no sarcasm) American Navy Seals shot and executed unarmed bin-Laden at his house.
While it is illegal and the soldier should have been punished as he was by the IDF court - because the rule of law is important and protects everyone - it is hardly as immoral as killing an innocent.

As said here earlier, it's incomparable with Palestinians who actually root for the murderers of completely innocent people, and not for the killing of monsters who assault another human being with a knife and stab them trying to take away their life. That Israeli citizens who are targets of similar monsters will be rooting for someone who executed one of those isn't strange at all. I'm sure French people were rooting for the execution of ISIS members even those who haven't attacked them after the Paris terror attack.

Yes, yes, I would expect no less than excuses from you. Life must be cheap where you live.

Yes, yes, I would expect no less than excuses from you. Life must be cheap where you live.

I don't find it relevant what you expect or do not expect, I'm completely aware where you're coming from and why you have adopted barbarism and backwardness.
Yet what I said remains out of doubt.

who are "they"? Yaron Mazuz is one man who was anonymous until a month ago when a TV show reported he is trying to upgrade his car on the tax payers expense

I don't find it relevant what you expect or do not expect, I'm completely aware where you're coming from and why you have adopted barbarism and backwardness.
Yet what I said remains out of doubt.

lol...nice try. You are in no position to lecture others on barbarism and backwardness.

But you are correct, what you said remains out of doubt...as in, there is no doubt that you will continue to condone the most morally bankrupt of behaviors, so long as they are perpetuated by "your side".

One more time: no one is innocent in the Middle East, no one is beyond reproach.

who are "they"? Yaron Mazuz is one man who was anonymous until a month ago when a TV show reported he is trying to upgrade his car on the tax payers expense

That's who I'm talking about. I'll assume English is your second language and go easy on you.

You said there are worse politicians than him...like who, and why?

It is a mess. Azaria's family and supporters attended/organised protests made up of thousands of Israelis with banners saying " kill them all " and chants of " death to Arabs " etc. They are the same as their Palestinian counterparts that many here constantly berate for their support for violent acts/crimes against Israelis

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/19...support-soldier-executed-wounded-palestinian/

Yaron Mazuz is an idiot,

My guess is that had this been a Palestinian Arab/Israeli political party minister using a Palestinian murderer of an Israeli to try to gain support for their political chances the term " idiot " would NOT be used to describe them

but you need to set your fscts straight.

The facts were straight. Maybe that's why you declined to make the allegation that they were not without actually citing anything false ?

and what is the point of this thread? there are much more outrageous politicians than him in Israel.

I set out as to what was the point of this thread in the OP. The degrading effect on both sets of people. It was clear enough. That you appear to bemoan the " point of this thread " and your general disjointedness about it makes me think it ruffled your feathers a little. Maybe you are happier when people are just focusing on some of the uglier parts displayed by some Palestinians.

That there are others like him ( Mazuz ) or even worse I have no doubt but the thread was about him in particular regardless of where he is on any looney Israeli politician scale

Anyone?

Reads , okay I'm a murderer but he's a serial killer. Exactly the point I am making here

BTW Abdel Fattah al-Sharif , the man murdered by Azaria , had attacked and been shot ( separately from Azarias fatal bullet ) for an attack on IDF soldiers which , of course , is not a terrorist attack / act and thus he cannot be considered a terrorist.

Wrong analogy and thus wrong conclusion

Abdel Fattah al-Sharif attacked IDF personnel and thus is not the same as OBL who allegedly attacked civilian targets

One engaged in a legitimate act of armed conflict against the forces of an occupying army , the other attacked civilian targets . There's a difference

Reads , okay I'm a murderer but he's a serial killer. Exactly the point I am making here

BTW Abdel Fattah al-Sharif , the man murdered by Azaria , had attacked and been shot ( separately from Azarias fatal bullet ) for an attack on IDF soldiers which , of course , is not a terrorist attack / act and thus he cannot be considered a terrorist.

Has any Palestinian been jailed by the Palestinians for the death of an Israeli?

Last time I checked they were congratulated.

But clearly the Israeli Army is willing to jail one of their own in this case.

BTW - Calling the murder of innocents "legitimate" is disgusting.

Now cry more.

Last edited:
As for the PA ( PLO ) policy of paying those people or their family members that are killed , injured or imprisoned due to the conflict/actions related to it ,people should perhaps remind themselves that this is pretty standard practice elsewhere too

Here in the UK the government compensates soldiers/widows/ the families/ of those killed or maimed due to armed conflicts they have taken part in

As for the PA ( PLO ) policy of paying those people or their family members that are killed , injured or imprisoned due to the conflict/actions related to it ,people should perhaps remind themselves that this is pretty standard practice elsewhere too

Here in the UK the government compensates soldiers/widows/ the families/ of those killed or maimed due to armed conflicts they have taken part in

Conflating soldiers serving honorably with terrorists is disgusting.

Has any Palestinian been jailed by the Palestinians for the death of an Israeli?

AFAIK they have no jurisdiction to jail Palestinians that have committed attacks against Israelis and these matters are handled by the Israelis themselves

Last time I checked they were congratulated.

Yep some do celebrate/congratulate , as do some Israelis do when in the same position , as per the content of the OP

But clearly the Israeli Army is willing to jail one of their own in this case.

In token gestures aimed at PR I agree. They also fail to investigate others on many occasions too. Maybe the video of Azaria actually committing the crime was pretty hard to refute eh ? Hence the ban on those hoping to film the IDF in action no doubt

BTW - Calling the murder of innocents "legitimate" is disgusting.

Didn't happen. Occupying soldiers are not " innocents " and the Palestinians have the right to resist and attack the IDF in their bid to free themselves from occupation and attain self determination

Now cry more.

Can't help yourself , can you ? :roll:

I know you think every action taken by Palestinian against Israelis are " terrorist " attacks but that is down to your ignorance of the subject and not any kind of reflection of the reality

Wrong analogy and thus wrong conclusion

Abdel Fattah al-Sharif attacked IDF personnel and thus is not the same as OBL who allegedly attacked civilian targets

One engaged in a legitimate act of armed conflict against the forces of an occupying army , the other attacked civilian targets . There's a difference

Huh? I was talking about the legal comparison between the two cases where people who were unarmed were executed by soldiers. In both cases the killing isn't legal.
I agree that in one case we're talking about civilians targeted by the executed Jihadist and in the other case the Jihadist was targeting a solider, legally however it's the same thing.

Unlawful combat isn't legitimate by any standard. Those who attack and kill not in self defense are murderers. If in this thread you are opposing the execution of the combatant because he wasn't a threat anymore(A legitimate opposition of course), you cannot at the same time support the murdering of a combatant from the other side not in self defense, that's just surreal and exposes double standards and the fact that you're not basing your positions on any moral values.

"It's legitimate to murder this Israeli kid who isn't posing a life threat to anyone because he's a soldier who enforces an occupation" while at the same time "It's not legitimate to execute this Palestinian jihadist who stabbed a soldier because he was no longer a threat" - are contradicting positions to be holding.

Beyond simply disgusting. It's completely inhuman in its monstrosity and pure evil. But you should have come to expect that by now.

Back
Top Bottom