• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liking post emojis

Demon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Would it be possible to add some more emojis to the like button? The thumbs up just doesn't cover everything - sometimes I'd like to laugh, or give a heart instead of just a thumbs up, and without creating a post for it.

Thanks.

Would it be possible to add some more emojis to the like button? The thumbs up just doesn't cover everything - sometimes I'd like to laugh, or give a heart instead of just a thumbs up, and without creating a post for it.

Thanks.

I feel the same way. Another message board I belong to has emojis for like, love, funny, friendly, winner, informative, useful, and prayers. (Of course we do not need the last one.)

I don't remember who said it but they mentioned their belief that those extra emojis would lead to problems.
I happen to disagree but that was the official take on the matter as I remember it.

I feel the same way. Another message board I belong to has emojis for like, love, funny, friendly, winner, informative, useful, and prayers. (Of course we do not need the last one.)

Yeah, a forum I go to has thumbs up, thumbs down, love, wow, thank you, sad, angry and haha.

I don't remember who said it but they mentioned their belief that those extra emojis would lead to problems.
I happen to disagree but that was the official take on the matter as I remember it.

Now see? I need a thumbs down! I could see where some might be considered problematic, but even just more positive reactions would be nice.

I don't remember who said it but they mentioned their belief that those extra emojis would lead to problems. I happen to disagree but that was the official take on the matter as I remember it.

Disliking a post by clicking on thumbs down would be problematic, but we could simply not have it as an option.

Even just a smile, a heart, maybe also a thank you would be nice.

We can type "thank you" and use emojis on the tax box edit bar.

But what if you want to let everyone know why you like the post? For example, I would chose the "informative" or "winner" post like emoji for many original posts by calamity, Rogue Valley, and JacksinPA.

I belong to a forum that has love, laughing, wow, frown, angry and thumbs up.....no negative emojis, and I think it's a good thing.

I belong to a forum that has love, laughing, wow, frown, angry and thumbs up.....no negative emojis, and I think it's a good thing.

Frown and angry are negative emojis, but they exist where you need them: on the edit bar.

I would like to see a "surprised" like emoji.

We can type "thank you" and use emojis on the tax box edit bar.

But what if you want to let everyone know why you like the post? For example, I would chose the "informative" or "winner" post like emoji for many original posts by calamity, Rogue Valley, and JacksinPA.

Well you can always type, if you want to expound. I'm just looking for more quick, expressive emojis for when you don't want to create a post.

Frown and angry are negative emojis, but they exist where you need them: on the edit bar.

I would like to see a "surprised" like emoji.
Well, the frown is used when someone says they were just diagnosed with cancer, or they just fell down and broke their leg. The angry one is if they just said someone punched them in the face and stole their wallet, then you show you're angry that it happened to them. But, I can see where the Admin here may want to keep it simple, with just the Like. Point is, you have to reply to the post to use those edit bar emojis, just giving a Like is much more simple. Our angry emoji here just looks like he's constipated anyway. :mad: :D

Back
Top Bottom