• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Likes?

ecofarm

global liberation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
DP Games has likes, why not Formal Debates, instead of True.

ps. Meant to post this in BG&D subforum.

DP Games has likes, why not Formal Debates, instead of True.

ps. Meant to post this in BG&D subforum.

I agree, there should be likes. I don't think it would harm the debate.

It would also let the debaters know that someone is actually watching them.

Are you asking why likes are turned off(I dunno, just noticed it, will find out), or are you asking if we can rename True Debates as Formal Debates?

Are you asking why likes are turned off(I dunno, just noticed it, will find out), or are you asking if we can rename True Debates as Formal Debates?

Both

1: I dunno, but will find out.

2: We are going with True Debates simply because that is what they used to be called. It might be something to look at further down the line, when the admins are not dealing with a few less issues.

1: I dunno, but will find out.

2: We are going with True Debates simply because that is what they used to be called. It might be something to look at further down the line, when the admins are not dealing with a few less issues.

/BG&D like

I agree, there should be likes. I don't think it would harm the debate.

It would also let the debaters know that someone is actually watching them.

I want you to know that I will be watching you both on that first true debate. I did not post any spectator feedback yet because the guidelines are not clear in the matter so don't know what the role limitations are at the moment.

Like should be working in this forum now.

I want to be patient about this and shall. I wanna say: we're not trufirs! We don't believe that ours is the one, the only pure and the True. That's silly! Let's face it, this is formal debate. I'd say a true debate is more like one on the street that has real consequences, maybe one that includes a cash prize. But the idea that fomal debate, with varying rules nonetheless, represents that which is beyond reproach bugs me.

I don't think changing the name of a subforum would be a large task. Ok, I've said my piece.

I don't think changing the name of a subforum would be a large task. Ok, I've said my piece.

Actually, when I was a mod, vauge noted that changing the names of sub forums was something that basically caused the site to explode. It was a big deal. Just sayin'.

Actually, when I was a mod, vauge noted that changing the names of sub forums was something that basically caused the site to explode. It was a big deal. Just sayin'.
Not that I know a huge amount on how this particular forum works, but given that the URL of this thread contains the name of the subforum within it, I suspect a rename would at the very least break any existant links to forum threads - which would probably be bad...

Not that I know a huge amount on how this particular forum works, but given that the URL of this thread contains the name of the subforum within it, I suspect a rename would at the very least break any existant links to forum threads - which would probably be bad...

That explanation sounds as reasonable as any other I've heard. I just know that it was a big no no to change forum titles.

I want to be patient about this and shall. I wanna say: we're not trufirs! We don't believe that ours is the one, the only pure and the True. That's silly! Let's face it, this is formal debate. I'd say a true debate is more like one on the street that has real consequences, maybe one that includes a cash prize. But the idea that fomal debate, with varying rules nonetheless, represents that which is beyond reproach bugs me.

We can easily change the name by hardcoding the link, however true debate would remain in the URL. Google doesn't like that much.

Is the task "large"? Not really. If others are equally concerned about the title we will address. For now, the title is not indicative of a persons philosophy or ideology.

So your feedback is to rename it to "Formal Debates"?

We can easily change the name by hardcoding the link, however true debate would remain in the URL. Google doesn't like that much.

Is the task "large"? Not really. If others are equally concerned about the title we will address. For now, the title is not indicative of a persons philosophy or ideology.

So your feedback is to rename it to "Formal Debates"?

That's the second part. The 'likes' were fixed very quickly.

It's not so much about someone's ideology or philosophy, just the fact that 'Formal Debates' is 100x better than the presumptious 'True Debates'.

Back
Top Bottom