• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Like a 50's monster Movie Attack of the Super Bugs.

ludin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Deadly superbug arrives in US, report says | Fox News

We have medicated ourselves into a pickle. The over prescription of antibiotics has now given rise to
antibiotic resistant disease.

There is now a form of e coli that is immune to all antibiotics.
England is facing a case of super gonorrhea that has made it's way here as well
which is resistant to antibiotics.

Sweden has implemented huge restrictions on antibiotics that are used.
the fact that now some of these bacteria are completely resistant to any
antibiotic is hugely dangerous.

so far there is no way to actually combat this.

We have medicated ourselves into a pickle. The over prescription of antibiotics has now given rise to

Well, I am still eagerly awaiting the mutated virus that causes the zombie apocalypse.

I would hope that we slow the spread, but it has been forecast that this would happen for quite some time now. Now it has happened and that is not very happy a prognosis for 10 or 15 years down the line. Maybe we should be working on painkillers.

Well, I am still eagerly awaiting the mutated virus that causes the zombie apocalypse.

The closest virus we have to a zombie virus is Rabies

Give researchers time, the will turn rabies into the " Rage " virus that caused the " 28 Days Later " zombie apocalypse

Give researchers time, the will turn rabies into the " Rage " virus that caused the " 28 Days Later " zombie apocalypse

Best Zombie movie ever, the sequel was one of the worst

Obviously it is time to research more antibiotics. Nature will always find a way to subvert the ones we have now. The problem is that they are not very profitable leadng to more research on ED than antibiotics.

I saw a program about that were rabies went airborne. Spooky.

I will say that the biggest fear I have is intentionally mutated bacteria and viruses. There was a time when a computer filled a room, now it fits in your shirt pocket. I can see a time when a bio engineering plant will fit in a bedroom, and any creep can start gene splicing and let things out in the wild because the voices in his head say it was a good idea.

Either way, nature is going to kill us all off one way or the other. There is an asteroid out there heading our way with a bumper sticker on it: "Bad things happen to good people, too.".

Obviously it is time to research more antibiotics. Nature will always find a way to subvert the ones we have now. The problem is that they are not very profitable leadng to more research on ED than antibiotics.

or doctors could stop over prescribing them. I mean that is just a thought.

or doctors could stop over prescribing them. I mean that is just a thought.

LOL Canada and the U.S are the only countries in this hemisphere where antibiotics even need a prescription from a doctor. Antibiotics are sold like candy in every country in Central and South America and that is not stopping. We need to have a continuous supply of new antibiotics in the pipeline and there is no way around it. Perhaps if we never allowed the millions of ads that big pharma buys every year they would be spending that money on research instead. Why do they need to advertise to end users of prescription medications again?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom