• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Life

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This is such a tiring life ... You remember the best times of your life and just want to go back to those old days when you used to feel safe and happier in your little but magical world which involved your grandparents and the others and your dreams .You still believe in a virtue being kept in the nature of human beings? Maybe you dont ,maybe you do .You jump from stage to stage in your lifetime and come to the conclusion that you are still alone like you were alone before and you will be alone till you go .You can't find out why you feel like this.You get lost in some magazines or books questioning teh meaning of the life and then start watching your favorite sitcom because you need to laugh much more than you need.God knows how many times you have hated living on this planet but survived many 'walking dead' periods of your life .Yes hardships made you stronger ,they claim you are strong but are you ?Your empathic attitudes towards the others are highly abused and that is why you dont want to be that strong anymore ,strong enough to look as hard as stone .Otherwise they will keep getting you down hoping nothing happens to you and you never get out of their lives.....

A little too much NyQuil?

I get it, on one hand. This nihlistic view of the world and self. But I love living, it's about the only thing I do well. I must have life, for as crappy as it can be, there are huge ups.

As for being alone, been there, done that. I lived the hermit life for far longer than I'd like to admit. But even then, I wasn't ready to give up on life. Now I'm married and have an awesome little girl. I'm not alone. I have a **** ton more responsibilities, uncounted sources of concern and stress, but I'm not alone. And to tell the truth, I never was. I thought I was, but my life is a steady stream of friends and family. Of great experiences and crappy experiences....but experiences. You cannot feel less you are alive.

There's no afterlife, there's no "better place", all there is is what exists. This life, these experiences, these thoughts and emotions and consciousness. It all goes away when dead. What is life? It's living. L-I-V-I-N. There is so much to do and learn and feel that I could never grow tired of if.

This is such a tiring life ... You remember the best times of your life and just want to go back to those old days when you used to feel safe and happier in your little but magical world which involved your grandparents and the others and your dreams .You still believe in a virtue being kept in the nature of human beings? Maybe you dont ,maybe you do .You jump from stage to stage in your lifetime and come to the conclusion that you are still alone like you were alone before and you will be alone till you go .You can't find out why you feel like this.You get lost in some magazines or books questioning teh meaning of the life and then start watching your favorite sitcom because you need to laugh much more than you need.God knows how many times you have hated living on this planet but survived many 'walking dead' periods of your life .Yes hardships made you stronger ,they claim you are strong but are you ?Your empathic attitudes towards the others are highly abused and that is why you dont want to be that strong anymore ,strong enough to look as hard as stone .Otherwise they will keep getting you down hoping nothing happens to you and you never get out of their lives.....

Life doesn't have to be that way.

Sometimes the fact that we don't understand the meaning of the life is very disturbing.
In these cases we feel really alone and we know that we have to reach the serenity in ourselves.

Ummm....you okay? :thinking

I get it, on one hand. This nihlistic view of the world and self. But I love living, it's about the only thing I do well. I must have life, for as crappy as it can be, there are huge ups.

As for being alone, been there, done that. I lived the hermit life for far longer than I'd like to admit. But even then, I wasn't ready to give up on life. Now I'm married and have an awesome little girl. I'm not alone. I have a **** ton more responsibilities, uncounted sources of concern and stress, but I'm not alone. And to tell the truth, I never was. I thought I was, but my life is a steady stream of friends and family. Of great experiences and crappy experiences....but experiences. You cannot feel less you are alive.

There's no afterlife, there's no "better place", all there is is what exists. This life, these experiences, these thoughts and emotions and consciousness. It all goes away when dead. What is life? It's living. L-I-V-I-N. There is so much to do and learn and feel that I could never grow tired of if.

That's my take on it. I want to squeeze every bit of good, bad, happy, sad, love & heartbreak out of it. Experiencing things is what matters.

Negative thoughts lead to negative actions. It's your choice to think positive and keep on chugging, or you can frown at everything and isolate yourself.

Connecting with another human being is the key thing to enjoying this life. I sincerely hope that happens for you and you love every day ahead of you.

My wife always says "for every pot there is a lid". And that is true wisdom.

At my stage of life I have the big house filled with the stuff I want. I have more money that I need to live comfortably. But the things that mean the most are my kids and grandkids.

I wish you find your dream Medusa and they come true for you.

We just took the two little ones - going on five and seven years old - plus my other grandson at 14 - for a weekend to Grand Rapids and did the sights like the zoo and gardens and swimming for hours at the hotel. That was better than any rock concert or five star restaurant could be.

Yes , I like philosophizing about the life when I feel stress filled or just miss my beloved ones

A little bit of melancholy and a nice glass of wine on an overcast day can be a beautiful thing. Enjoy.

general ,lets mention it in PM if you want

I gotta go start preparing dinner.

Try this. Sing something. Sing a song. A happy song. Perhaps something you remember from your childhood.

Or even something modern. Sing.

I gotta go start preparing dinner.

Try this. Sing something. Sing a song. A happy song. Perhaps something you remember from your childhood.

Or even something modern. Sing.

I really like dancing and do it at home and it makes me feel good

I really like dancing and do it at home and it makes me feel good

Did you dance? Like nobody was watching?

tumblr_mz22df9zzm1qku36do1_400.gif

Did you dance? Like nobody was watching?

tumblr_mz22df9zzm1qku36do1_400.gif

a few years ago I was planning to celebrate the new year's eve at a night club but my friend cancelled it for some reasons.I was alone at the party and I felt free while dancing for the first time ,I really enjoyed

There is one that can change these things but is waiting until the time is ripe. Be patient little brown eyed angel, our people have been waiting many, many eons for this one to restore them to their former glory. This one will give them what they had in youth and lost, and yes, give them even more than their hearts can hold for an eternity. Don't lose hope, the mighty ones are here now and about to change the world. The meaning of life is to wait until We change you into light.

This is such a tiring life ... You remember the best times of your life and just want to go back to those old days when you used to feel safe and happier in your little but magical world which involved your grandparents and the others and your dreams .

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

― Dr. Seuss

Medusa here's where the story ends...

You believed in something you couldn't see..

Back
Top Bottom