• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness....Are You ****tin Me?

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Oil wars declared by politicians who know their kids won't have anything to interfere with their ivy league education while the serfs do battle. What if the A students, kids with political connections and NASCAR heroes had to serve?

Every few weeks another kook goes on a killing rampage and because of political contributions and the influence of the NRA we can't even get a law passed to check backgrounds or set up a national registry to track military style weapons.

Toxic assets gimmicks and trillion dollar handouts. Insider trading and Ponzi schemes on Wall St. not to mention CEO's loading their boards of directors with friends and drawing $150 million a year.

Corrupt government and under the table, back room deals.

Meth labs and illegal drug traffic more prevalent than ever before.

Folks sittin' behind a desk watching their monitors and shuffling papers and drawing a fortune while single Moms work two jobs to keep their lights on and their water running.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.....Really?

This country has become one of Lords and Serfs. Surely you are smart enough to realize that.

Last edited:
Nice, blame the gun and the NRA, not the loser that murdered 13 people.

Like it or not, they're here to stay. Weapons that is, and yes even the " military style assault" weapons.

Oil wars declared by politicians who know their kids won't have anything to interfere with their ivy league education while the serfs do battle. What if the A students, kids with political connections and NASCAR heroes had to serve?

Every few weeks another kook goes on a killing rampage and because of political contributions and the influence of the NRA we can't even get a law passed to check backgrounds or set up a national registry to track military style weapons.

Toxic assets gimmicks and trillion dollar handouts. Insider trading and Ponzi schemes on Wall St. not to mention CEO's loading their boards of directors with friends and drawing $150 million a year.

Folks sittin' behind a desk watching their monitors and shuffling papers and drawing a fortune while single Moms work two jobs to keep their lights on and their water running.

This country has become one of Lords and Serfs. Surely you are smart enough to realize that.

You forgot to mention the guy who made the hula hoop. Look what that thing has done. Bunches of people are making oodles of money by convincing people that that stupid thing will make them lose weight, for gods sake.

"NASCAR heroes"?

:screwy

LOL- When I read this, I couldn't get this visual out of my mind.
A kook with a bullhorn standing on a milk crate in Times Square. Checked sport coat, urine stained striped pants.

LOL- When I read this, I couldn't get this visual out of my mind.
A kook with a bullhorn standing on a milk crate in Times Square. Checked sport coat, urine stained striped pants.

Add the spots jacket and VOILA!!! George W. Bush:

t1larg.jpg

Absolutely smart enough to realize that.

You may call me Lord Ocean.

Quick, draw me a bath.

Not only do I agree with you whole-heartedly, I am even further amazed that this has reached new heights under this adminstration. After Bush was gone, I breathed a huge sigh of relief and (foolishly in retrospect) voted for Obama. How did that work out for me?

This country has become one of Lords and Serfs.

It almost, but not quite, makes me miss Bush and that's really saying something. Or am I missing your point? Is all this in spite of or because of the Obama regime?

Which some of us have no problem with, even knowing we will always be serfs. My only issue is that the Lords have the wrong morals and values. Put a proper set of Lords at the top, and I'd have no complaint whatsoever to being a serf.

Not only do I agree with you whole-heartedly, I am even further amazed that this has reached new heights under this adminstration. After Bush was gone, I breathed a huge sigh of relief and (foolishly in retrospect) voted for Obama. How did that work out for me?

It almost, but not quite, makes me miss Bush and that's really saying something. Or am I missing your point? Is all this in spite of or because of the Obama regime?

So which are you, lord or serf? Don't you own an entire apt building?

You may apply this analysis to the great majority of nations. The tide of history seems to be sweeping the ordinary citizen of the world way out to sea.

Obama has not been able to do much of anything because of the congress. When the party leaders of both houses pledge to stop anything a president wants VOILA!

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

Last edited:
So which are you, lord or serf? Don't you own an entire apt building?

I own 9 townhouses and rent 7 of them. I also own a 1/3 interest in 2 modest houses that I financed for friends one of which will be repaid (no interest) next year and the Cat Ladies, which I will never see any return on. So, I'm between like most middle class people are. My tenants are "serfs" and that is why I charge them very little rent because I respect how hard they work for so little reward. Since I no longer own a business, this provides me with a modest responsibility and combined with my SS income, allows me to live happily and support my ex-wife, my friends and family. I wouldn't even have bought these but from 2009-2011, the prices became ridiculously low. In most cases, I bought the short sale and rented it back to the person who had overpaid, allowing them to maintain their life circumstances instead of being cast out. So, I even got a "good deed" out of the deal.

I've never aspired to great wealth because I wouldnt fit in to the Society Of Lords. I've shared and given away most of my lifetime earnings because I am content to live modestly. I actually feel sorry for the uber-rich and their petty problems. I'm grateful for the lifetime I've had of great adventures (11 years in Asia) and my successful businesses that made more than my business failures.

So, neither I suppose. Just the epitome of retired middle-class.:)

Obama has not been able to do much of anything because of the congress. When the party leaders of both houses pledge to stop anything a president wants VOILA!

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

Oh, I don't know, didn't he get Obamacare passed?

He's in his second term now. So, what has he proposed that has been blocked that would change the Lord and Serf relationship?

He's done a lot for gay equality and I honor him for that. But his early missteps have left him ineffective in too many areas. He squandered all his early political capital on a health care bill that is incomprehensible and ineffective. All we needed was an insurance company of last resort and no such thing appeared. Instead, thousands of pages that seem to reward the Lords and not the Serfs. Maybe he should have read it. What genius came up with 30 hours as being "part time"? I could have told them this would do far more harm than good.

Have the GOP been uncooperative dickheads. Yes, sure. But a better leader would have found a way to manipulate them (think of Clinton) and Obama is not a "better leader".

Another poor deluded victim of the 24/7 shock news cycle who believes life in the U.S. is filled with constant tragedy as a result of our political system. Now, to be fair, the new media really does bombard all of us...if we let it, with only the sensational stories most of which are tragedies of one form or another, because we love them. Yet statistically far more good and boring tranquility dominates our actual lives, but you're left with this absurd impression...not experience, just in your mind, that it's some ****hole. Turn off the CNN types. Pay attention to your local community news and neighborhood, your particular school (or children school). Or your family and your job, your friends and your family's pets(notice I don't call them family as a jab to the ethics board). Then get back to me on how life is working out for you in terms of our system.

Perhaps our over-amped media is largely just propaganda to convince the masses of these massive problems we have to solve, that will require politicians and donations, as well as of course more taxes. If not, it can certainly accidentally serve that function. GWashington didn't even want to be president (if the hold myth was correct, I haven't checked in adult years)...how far we've come.

I own 9 townhouses and rent 7 of them. I also own a 1/3 interest in 2 modest houses that I financed for friends one of which will be repaid (no interest) next year and the Cat Ladies, which I will never see any return on. So, I'm between like most middle class people are. My tenants are "serfs" and that is why I charge them very little rent because I respect how hard they work for so little reward. Since I no longer own a business, this provides me with a modest responsibility and combined with my SS income, allows me to live happily and support my ex-wife, my friends and family. I wouldn't even have bought these but from 2009-2011, the prices became ridiculously low. In most cases, I bought the short sale and rented it back to the person who had overpaid, allowing them to maintain their life circumstances instead of being cast out. So, I even got a "good deed" out of the deal.

I've never aspired to great wealth because I wouldnt fit in to the Society Of Lords. I've shared and given away most of my lifetime earnings because I am content to live modestly. I actually feel sorry for the uber-rich and their petty problems. I'm grateful for the lifetime I've had of great adventures (11 years in Asia) and my successful businesses that made more than my business failures.

You're middle class like my cat knows about quantum mechanics.

Please explain because I have no idea what you are trying to say. I probably won't like it but curiosity has gotten the better of me.

As for quantum mechanics, does the name Schrödinger ring a bell?

Funny how anything "good" that happens and ""LOLZ 0BAMA IS MAH SAVEEYORE!!"

Anything "bad" that happens and "those damn 'Publicans!"

Hypocrites. You voted for this tool. Accept that your leader is nothing but a paper tiger loser.

Paul/Putin 2016

Please explain because I have no idea what you are trying to say. I probably won't like it but curiosity has gotten the better of me.

As for quantum mechanics, does the name Schrödinger ring a bell?

I've been waiting 2 hours for your reply. Should I keep waiting or give up hope?

Oh, I don't know, didn't he get Obamacare passed?

He's in his second term now. So, what has he proposed that has been blocked that would change the Lord and Serf relationship?

He's done a lot for gay equality and I honor him for that. But his early missteps have left him ineffective in too many areas. He squandered all his early political capital on a health care bill that is incomprehensible and ineffective. All we needed was an insurance company of last resort and no such thing appeared. Instead, thousands of pages that seem to reward the Lords and not the Serfs. Maybe he should have read it. What genius came up with 30 hours as being "part time"? I could have told them this would do far more harm than good.

Have the GOP been uncooperative dickheads. Yes, sure. But a better leader would have found a way to manipulate them (think of Clinton) and Obama is not a "better leader".

I guess you didn't notice the biggest of his jobs proposals going down in flames. It looked too much like programs which succeeded during FDR's more than 3 terms...at least to the Republican house. The infrastructure in this country is in arguably the worst shape in 30 years and before a Republican would approve a program to put folks back to work and see the president get recognition for it they would die. In my favorite dream I see the politicians who have stood in the way of everything this president has wanted or has tried to do losing their bid for re-election by a landslide.

Face it Spec, you are a LORD, a land lord. You have done very well for yourself in this country you seem to have no great love for.

Face it Spec, you are a LORD, a land lord. You have done very well for yourself in this country you seem to have no great love for.

LOL.....If he was a Wall St. monitor watcher he would wait for the next bubble they manage to create for themselves. One thing they all have in common....they want to travel the highways, use the schools, use every facility ever created by the government and pay no taxes.

Back
Top Bottom