• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

life is pointless

Omniscient

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
life is pointless

therefore your free

free to follow hedonism

actual-nihilism.jpg

*you're

There's lots of ways to entertain yourself until you die.
Why is nihilism here? It does not contend that life is pointless.
I am so sorry you feel that way, Omni, I sincerely mean that...I hope and pray you find a purpose to your life one day...💓

when people have pleasure they dont realize the truth, that their life is pointless,

because the pleasure distracts them from that fact

when people are in pain they realize the truth. that it is all pointless

its only pleasure that keeps us from suicide.

give anyone enough pain and they will beg for death

when people have pleasure they dont realize the truth, that their life is pointless,

So not true, Omni...I've had my share of mental/emotional pains/losses in my life and now am experiencing the physical pains of growing older, yet I maintain my joy because I know, without a doubt in my mind, that this life is not all there is...

I could not care less about your lack of any real thought on this subject. My only concern is why bring nihilism into your lack of thinking.

Eat drink, poop and procreate

In other words enjoy yourself within reason and don’t worry about why life is

So not true, Omni...I've had my share of mental/emotional pains/losses in my life and now am experiencing the physical pains of growing older, yet I maintain my joy because I know, without a doubt in my mind, that this life is not all there is...

religion is your hedonism

I think everyone has their own perspective on what's the point of it all. Even if I don't know what it is, I think there is still meaning in helping others achieve what they personally feel is a meaningful life.

I think we give ourselves meaning though its often very hard.

People give themselves meaning. Its irrelevant if there is a larger universe spanning purpose. The meaning people give themselves is enough.

Life is all we know.

The point is to learn, love and appreciate.

life is pointless

therefore your free

free to follow hedonism

actual-nihilism.jpg
You live; you die. Hopefully you manage to eat and procreate before being eaten. That's life.

No one cares about nihilism when applied like this.

In the realm of philosophy the intention is to explain a perspective as a matter of discussion on the absence of intention to participate in social, economic, and even ideological norms. The intent to reject norms is still an intention for something else and it is not absence of all reason.

In Philosophy in the area of axiology (values and application) the goal was to have the most extreme on both sides as a basis to discuss human nature.

But no one (as in no one discussing this area seriously) ever intended for these continual discussions to set up a group who call themselves nihilists. We do have several examples of German Philosophers (which is increasingly becoming a contradiction in terms, like German Comic) taking the discussion to some level of removal of various influences on ideology like religion. What we do not have is someone outright calling for the decline of social order to the point of a nihilism driven condition of anarchy.

Anyone that comes along and calls themselves a nihilist, or concludes "<insert monumental principle here> is pointless," is either trolling or lying. At best they do not understand the intention of this area of Philosophy but at worst they are just attempting to fool others or even themselves.

You live; you die. Hopefully you manage to eat and procreate before being eaten. That's life.

evolution spends most of its time adapting against itself

creating a ridiculous mess, which is what life on this planet is

Life is beautiful...most people are not.

Life is beautiful...most people are not.

“If a man crosses a river
and an empty boat collides with his own,
Even though he be bad tempered man
He will not become very angry.
But if he sees a man in the boat,
He will shout at him to steer clear.
If the shout is not heard, he will shout again, and yet again, and begin cursing.
And all because someone is in the boat.
Yet if the boat were empty,
He would not be shouting, and not angry.
If you can empty your own boat
Crossing the river of the world,
No one will oppose you,
No one will seek to harm you”

-chuang tzu

You can choose to search for the positive or search for the negative in your daily walk. What you search for is the key to life.

life is pointless

therefore your free

free to follow hedonism

actual-nihilism.jpg
The point of life is survival. It’s why your lungs will breathe in fresh air and breath out waste gases. What you choose to do until your last breath is just that — a choice. Your body will always choose life.

evolution spends most of its time adapting against itself

creating a ridiculous mess, which is what life on this planet is
It depends on your circumstance. Being white and male in the USA is pretty good life, as long as you do not buy the lies that the grievance industries are selling. Personally, I never understood why those born rich and living in luxury are so damned angry.

Back
Top Bottom