• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Life Here Began From Mars?

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This notion is not a new one yet it has come up on national news this week (Aug.29). Space as we all know is filled with flying particles dating back to the big bang. We today are being struck with particles from Mars and mini meteorites every second of every day. My theory is this accounts for the incomprehensible number of species that have come and gone and all the very weird creatures we see today. I always suspected this to be the case since I was a little science lover. Sea creatures in particular have to grab your interest when it comes to weird. Think about this say there is a planets with amoebas (sp) or whatever a million light years away and it blows up or gets hit by a giant rock where does the debris go? The answer is everywhere.

This notion is not a new one yet it has come up on national news this week (Aug.29). Space as we all know is filled with flying particles dating back to the big bang. We today are being struck with particles from Mars and mini meteorites every second of every day. My theory is this accounts for the incomprehensible number of species that have come and gone and all the very weird creatures we see today. I always suspected this to be the case since I was a little science lover. Sea creatures in particular have to grab your interest when it comes to weird. Think about this say there is a planets with amoebas (sp) or whatever a million light years away and it blows up or gets hit by a giant rock where does the debris go? The answer is everywhere.

Nope. They were all created by God in the beginning.

Only male life - female life came from Venus. :mrgreen:

All life on Earth is thought, with a high degree of scientific confidence, to have had
a single genetic origin: we are all descended from one original ancestor which lived
about 3.5 billion years ago.

Although this supposition is incompatible with multiple extraterrestrial origins of life,
nothing can rule out the possibility of one extraterrestrial origin of life. Of course, if
that is true it does not solve the problem of how life came to be, but only removes it
from Earth to some other probably unknowable location. That result is so unsatisfying
to me that I prefer to discount it, and let me add that I in general hold the ET-loving
popular view view in contempt. I have no use whatever for alien shrubs, bugs, little
green men or whatever, and I think every moment spent in their contemplation is a
waste of time, excepting a few artistic creations such as 2001.

All life on Earth is thought, with a high degree of scientific confidence, to have had
a single genetic origin: we are all descended from one original ancestor which lived

Although this supposition is incompatible with multiple extraterrestrial origins of life,
nothing can rule out the possibility of one extraterrestrial origin of life. Of course, if
that is true it does not solve the problem of how life came to be, but only removes it
from Earth to some other probably unknowable location. That result is so unsatisfying
to me that I prefer to discount it, and let me add that I in general hold the ET-loving
popular view view in contempt. I have no use whatever for alien shrubs, bugs, little
green men or whatever, and I think every moment spent in their contemplation is a

Even an extra-terrestrial source is likely rooted in abiogenesis. The panspermia hypothesis includes both the notion that cells or microbial life hurtled to Earth and that fundamental building blocks like amino acid chains came with it. How 'life' came to be whether on Earth, Mars, or elsewhere is the realm of abiogenesis and we've made incredible strides in deciphering how it likely came about and the mechanistic process behind it. Moreover one exciting possibility to consider is that abiogenesis happened multiple times or occurred several times in parallel with only one strain (as far as we know) being the root of modern life. It's less likely but the possibility then becomes that 'alien' life has existed on Earth (or still could) and it originated... on earth!

When you think it all came from an explosion life on earth is an incredible result. It proves stabilty can come from chaos!!

Nope. They were all created by God in the beginning.

How long did it take for that response? God did make The Big Bang. The Big Bang made God.

So where's the life on Mars?

It came to Earth, of course.

We don't know how life began on Earth, nor do we really know whether there is life elsewhere in the universe, including Mars.
We do know how life took on so many different forms, however. Charles Darwin told us about it a long time ago.

to me that I prefer to discount it,
and let me add that I in general hold the ET-loving
I agree with this and have said so previously.
For some people this ET origin is as satisfying as 'god' is for others: they (shallowly) don't have to think about it any more.
But it just 'kicks the [life origin] can' down the road'/universe and is, as you say, wholly Unsatisfying.

While the possibility for life on Earth to emerge because asteroids, either from other planets or such, carrying microbes, landed on earth is a hypothesis worth considering, there is really no way to know for certain. It's just a theory and so far, it's unprovable.

Occams' razor states that the simplest solution is usually true. What is easier to accept? that life formed over millions of years on Earth thanks to the conditions on our planet... or that life came from other planets and then adapted to earth conditions and then evolved? Or that aliens?

And the weird creatures you see today are the result of evolution, just like everything else. Just because something looks 'alien' doesn't make it so.

Back
Top Bottom