• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lies we are told about Islam

There are two things that all you charter members of the Don't Blame Islam club have in common:

1. You accuse me (and others) of telling lies about Islam, but you NEVER provide an example (because you can't).
2. You say that terrorism (or "jihad" if you prefer) is a corruption of Islam, but you NEVER provide an example (because you can't).

We don't have to provide an example of the lies. They are contained in your posts.

The various Christian churches were entirely on-board with colonialism.....and all the killing that resulted.
So you really have no answer.

I asked what the Christian religion did, not people that may be connected to it.

So you really have no answer.

I asked what the Christian religion did, not people that may be connected to it.

As I already said......Christianity’s leaders were entirely on board with spreading faith by the sword.

The Christian religion is responsible for millions upon millions of deaths. That is the fact of the matter

As I already said......Christianity’s leaders were entirely on board with spreading faith by the sword.

The Christian religion is responsible for millions upon millions of deaths. That is the fact of the matter
No, the only fact here is that you are evading the question.
The christian religion did nothing.
The Islamic religion did a lot.

No, the only fact here is that you are evading the question.
The christian religion did nothing.
The Islamic religion did a lot.

I‘ve answered you multiple times now. The Christian religion was responsible for untold millions of deaths due to its support for colonialism. You not liking that fact doesn’t change it

We don't have to provide an example of the lies. They are contained in your posts.

This gets curiouser and curiouser.

First you proudly trumpet your ignorance of Islamic scripture, and then without missing a beat, you make an accusation that you refuse to back up (Again, because you can't).

Other than setting your own credibility on fire, I really don't see what you're doing.

I‘ve answered you multiple times now. The Christian religion was responsible for untold millions of deaths due to its support for colonialism. You not liking that fact doesn’t change it

Nope. Christians did, not Christianity (You know - the pacifist message ascribed to Jesus). That's the difference you refuse to acknowledge. If you did, you would have to admit that Islam differs in that way, and of course you have chosen to employ slothful induction instead.

Slothful induction, also known as the a priori fallacy, is the failure or refusal to see or concede the most likely inference from the evidence.

Nope. Christians did, not Christianity (You know - the pacifist message ascribed to Jesus). That's the difference you refuse to acknowledge. If you did, you would have to admit that Islam differs in that way, and of course you have chosen to employ slothful induction instead.

Slothful induction, also known as the a priori fallacy, is the failure or refusal to see or concede the most likely inference from the evidence.

Nope, the various Christian Churches were onboard with colonialism from the get-go.....and complicit in its crimes. But you’ll never acknowledge that, because it totally blows your excuse for your bigotry out of the water.

The evidence clearly shows that you are desperate to find an excuse to “justify” your bigotry, hence your refusal to face facts.

no that's all you. I was talking about what Muslims do I was talking about what Islam says.

If you can't do anything but hide under your bed perhaps that's where you belong.

But the way we found acceptance of something like homosexuality in the western culture was confronting stupid beliefs. Not pretending they don't exist to score virtue points.
You still, after much prompting, haven't answered the "so what?" question. Islam has these scriptures that contradict what some clergyman said about it being in favor of peace, women's rights, etc. What implications, if any, does it have for us as individuals when we meet and interact with Muslims? What policy implications does your post imply?

You still, after much prompting, haven't answered the "so what?" question. Islam has these scriptures that contradict what some clergyman said about it being in favor of peace, women's rights, etc. What implications, if any, does it have for us as individuals when we meet and interact with Muslims? What policy implications does your post imply?
if you don't want to discuss the topic because it has no implications for you as an individual than goodbye

Which, again, doesn’t change the fact that, as I have throughly established, pretending Islam is some sort of unique case is utterly hypocritical.
you can think whatever you want.
A militant desire to oppose any sort of religious thinking seems to be pretty freaking common amongst atheists
You're thinking about Marxism.

you can think whatever you want.

You're thinking about Marxism.

No, I’m thinking about the fact that atheists happily committed mass murder in an effort to wipe out the “opiate of the masses”.

Actually the point is not what Muslims or Christians did. They are people, human beings.
The point is what Islam demands, and is fully documented.
Christianity is a poor example when you are comparing religions for violence.
Christianity has two or three contraversial verses,
Islam has thousands, entire volumes of rob, rape, and kill.
So what?

And what corruption of christianity are we speaking of. It is fully documented.
I know the Islam we are speaking of, and it is not a corruption, it is fully documented.
So what? Therefore we should do what, other than be afraid?

The corruption of Islam is a good thing, it brings about peaceful Muslims.
It's Muslims who practice it as written who are dangerous.
++ Ditto those who follow Leviticus.
Most Muslims know little about Muhammed himself, relying on what is told to them.
++ Probably true about other faiths. Again, what's your point?

There are two things that all you charter members of the Don't Blame Islam club have in common:

1. You accuse me (and others) of telling lies about Islam, but you NEVER provide an example (because you can't).
2. You say that terrorism (or "jihad" if you prefer) is a corruption of Islam, but you NEVER provide an example (because you can't).
And you trash Islam, but never say what we should do about this evil. And you lie about Islam by not speaking of the complete picture. What are the policy implications of Islamic teachings you complain about?

Ha
if you don't want to discuss the topic because it has no implications for you as an individual than goodbye
Happy to discuss it if you would list an implication or two, a policy I should support. So far, nada.

Correct. Now, how does that rebut what I said about the message and example of Jesus?

No amount of squirming from you can change the buckets of blood in Christianity’s past....but way to admit your hypocrisy.

I think you should accept the fact, you are just not going to understand.
I can't understand your answer because you haven't given it. Did I miss something?

And you trash Islam,

Nope. I quote the qur'an. It is self-trashing.

but never say what we should do about this evil.

I want you to know it exists. I want you to know that you're being lied to on a regular basis when people try to assure you there's nothing to worry about in Islam. It's not your friend and never will be.

And you lie about Islam by not speaking of the complete picture.

For example? Oh, right. You don't do that. Sorry.

What are the policy implications of Islamic teachings you complain about?

We'll find out in about 50 years. Think Saudi Arabia.

Back
Top Bottom