• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lies, Politics and Democracy

Loulit01

Leftist Filth
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

This is how Donald Trump and his cowardly enablers will be remembered.

Provided they aren't the ones writing the history.

WGBH's Frontline is hardly a credible source. They are about as legitimate of a source as ABC's 60 Minutes. The only people who will be remembering the leftist revisionist history Frontline espouses are delusional leftist filth.

WGBH's Frontline is hardly a credible source.
Frontline is a highly credible source. You are hardly a credible source.
They are about as legitimate of a source as ABC's 60 Minutes. The only people who will be remembering the leftist revisionist history Frontline espouses are delusional leftist filth.
Put the crack pipe down and back slowly away.

Frontline is a highly credible source. You are hardly a credible source.

Put the crack pipe down and back slowly away.
Frontline is only credible to delusional leftist fanatics who want their delusions reinforced. Nothing they have to say is ever remotely true. They are Boston leftist fanatical freaks only interested in pushing anti-American propaganda.

Frontline is only credible to delusional leftist fanatics.... Nothing they have to say is ever remotely true.
Well, let's talk about what they say and not who they are. The blurb for their documentary says:
"In a two-hour documentary special premiering ahead of the 2022 midterms, FRONTLINE examines how officials fed the public lies about the 2020 presidential election and embraced rhetoric that led to political violence."
Of course, they're talking about Trump and friends feeding the public lies about the 2020 election. Do you claim this is not even "remotely true"? Everyone in Trump's administration tried to tell him that there was no significant election fraud. Barr, Cippiloni (sp?), even Ivanka. Sixty court cases and sixty judges asked, "Where's the evidence of this fraud?" and none was ever produced! No case! By now one must realize that the "stolen election" story has been strongly debunked. But Trump keeps "telling the lie." Who knows what his real motivation is, but playing "the victim whose election got stolen" has certainly turned out to be a lucrative fund-raising slogan.

So there is the Big Lie that more or less launched the attack on the Capitol building. But not to be outdone, Trump has to follow that up with secreting with him as he left office all these Top Top Secret documents the really makes one question how cavalier and reckless Trump is with serious national security information, not to mention the hand-in-cookie-jar certainty of a violation of serious laws pertaining to national security. Why should he not do time like anybody else would?

Well, let's talk about what they say and not who they are. The blurb for their documentary says:

Of course, they're talking about Trump and friends feeding the public lies about the 2020 election. Do you claim this is not even "remotely true"? Everyone in Trump's administration tried to tell him that there was no significant election fraud. Barr, Cippiloni (sp?), even Ivanka. Sixty court cases and sixty judges asked, "Where's the evidence of this fraud?" and none was ever produced! No case! By now one must realize that the "stolen election" story has been strongly debunked. But Trump keeps "telling the lie." Who knows what his real motivation is, but playing "the victim whose election got stolen" has certainly turned out to be a lucrative fund-raising slogan.

So there is the Big Lie that more or less launched the attack on the Capitol building. But not to be outdone, Trump has to follow that up with secreting with him as he left office all these Top Top Secret documents the really makes one question how cavalier and reckless Trump is with serious national security information, not to mention the hand-in-cookie-jar certainty of a violation of serious laws pertaining to national security. Why should he not do time like anybody else would?
I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 or 2020, but they were not lies. In Alaska alone numerous election laws were violated. From allowing mail-in ballots (only absentee ballots are legal in Alaska), to illegally allowing unsupervised ballot drop-boxes, to counting ballots with no signatures, addresses, or any other means of identifying the voter as a valid ballot. There were no less than ten other States that also violated their own election laws. In the case of Pennsylvania they even violated their own State Constitution. So the only people spewing lies here are the leftist filth, as usual.

What you fail to comprehend, since you clearly lack an education in basic civics, is that none of it mattered. The US Constitution states that the State legislatures may choose their electors for the Electoral College in any manner they desire. That includes deliberate election fraud, if they so desire. As long as those electors are chosen by the State legislature then the Electoral College vote is valid, and Biden was legitimately elected President after the States certified their Electoral College vote on December 14, 2020. Everything else that happened after December 14, 2020 was political theater nothing more.

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 or 2020, but they were not lies. In Alaska alone numerous election laws were violated. From allowing mail-in ballots (only absentee ballots are legal in Alaska), to illegally allowing unsupervised ballot drop-boxes, to counting ballots with no signatures, addresses, or any other means of identifying the voter as a valid ballot. There were no less than ten other States that also violated their own election laws. In the case of Pennsylvania they even violated their own State Constitution. So the only people spewing lies here are the leftist filth, as usual.

What you fail to comprehend, since you clearly lack an education in basic civics, is that none of it mattered. The US Constitution states that the State legislatures may choose their electors for the Electoral College in any manner they desire. That includes deliberate election fraud, if they so desire. As long as those electors are chosen by the State legislature then the Electoral College vote is valid, and Biden was legitimately elected President after the States certified their Electoral College vote on December 14, 2020. Everything else that happened after December 14, 2020 was political theater nothing more.

You didn't vote for him, but you believe his lies. This is known as being a bystander, considered worse than even being as perpetrator.

Even worse, perhaps, you oppose democracy. The idea that its okay for state legislatures to capriciously throw out the vote because they disagree with the results is truly a path to authoritarianism.

Trump has rather normalized his sociopathy to the point that conservatives tend to ignore it, nut when you stack these episodes of it on top of each other, as this program has, it really drives home the dangerous, shocking situation that the GOP has allowed to emerge.

And it continues.

WGBH's Frontline is hardly a credible source. They are about as legitimate of a source as ABC's 60 Minutes. The only people who will be remembering the leftist revisionist history Frontline espouses are delusional leftist filth.
Of course, don't bother watching or even addressing any of the actual content - which includes McConnell, McCarthy, Graham, and Cruz on camera - because you can't without admitting you've been duped by lies into defending a traitor to the United States.

You didn't vote for him, but you believe his lies.
They aren't lies. The only one doing any lying are the leftist pieces of shit and their sycophants in the media.

This is known as being a bystander, considered worse than even being as perpetrator.

Even worse, perhaps, you oppose democracy. The idea that its okay for state legislatures to capriciously throw out the vote because they disagree with the results is truly a path to authoritarianism.
I wasn't the one violating State election laws, so don't attempt to lecture me on democracy.

You truly have no clue how your own government functions, and that is simply pathetic. It is the State legislatures that elect Presidents, not the people. Get a clue. The States have always elected the President since the nation was founded, and the US Constitution gives those States the power to use any means they desire to select their Electors for the Electoral College. If a State so desired, the State legislature could abolish the popular vote for President and choose their Electors by flipping a coin. The manner in which the State legislatures decide on their Electors is entirely up to them.

Of course, don't bother watching or even addressing any of the actual content - which includes McConnell, McCarthy, Graham, and Cruz on camera - because you can't without admitting you've been duped by lies into defending a traitor to the United States.

Its all hiding in plain sight.

They aren't lies. The only one doing any lying are the leftist pieces of shit and their sycophants in the media.

I wasn't the one violating State election laws, so don't attempt to lecture me on democracy.

You truly have no clue how your own government functions, and that is simply pathetic. It is the State legislatures that elect Presidents, not the people. Get a clue. The States have always elected the President since the nation was founded, and the US Constitution gives those States the power to use any means they desire to select their Electors for the Electoral College. If a State so desired, the State legislature could abolish the popular vote for President and choose their Electors by flipping a coin. The manner in which the State legislatures decide on their Electors is entirely up to them.

YOu provide no evidence for your voting assertion.

The states have never capaciously thrown out the will of the voters because they oppose the results. But you seem to be fine with it if they did.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Frontline is only credible to delusional leftist fanatics who want their delusions reinforced. Nothing they have to say is ever remotely true. They are Boston leftist fanatical freaks only interested in pushing anti-American propaganda.

Blah! Blah! Blah! The usual right wing evidence-free blithering.

The Courts, including many of the ones liberals bitch and whine about, rejected all of the legal challenges to the election outcomes.

What does that say about the merits of fraud allegations?

The Courts, including many of the ones liberals bitch and whine about, rejected all of the legal challenges to the election outcomes.

Many were rejected because they provided no evidence.

Violations of the law isn't evidence of massive election fraud? You clearly don't want to see any evidence that disputes your delusions.

The states have never capaciously thrown out the will of the voters because they oppose the results. But you seem to be fine with it if they did.

Tell me I'm wrong.
Of course they have. They do it all the time through systemic government election fraud. Michigan pulled the exact same stunt in 2016 when they tried to fix the race for Hillary, and got busted during the recount for Jill Stein. Only government employees had the authority to seal the ballots from each district, and only they could have included the bogus ballot numbers, nobody else.

You still haven't grasped that it is the State legislatures that elect Presidents, and not the people. So it does not make any difference what the States do or don't do. They can be as corrupt as they please, it doesn't make any difference as long as they select the Electors for the Electoral College, then whomever wins the majority of the Electoral College vote is the legitimately elected President of the United States.

Last edited:

Actually, the State courts dismissed all those legal challenges because they lacked standing. As far as what it tells me, it tells me two things: 1) Trump's lawyers were morons to file cases in State courts where they had no standing, and 2) You are willing to deliberately lie about those filings and their outcome. Which tells me that you are aware of the election fraud and you fully support it.

Ever notice how easily you can be kept away from information counter to that promulgated by your media?

And do you know that propaganda programs really really need you to not accept any information they didn’t provide?

Actually, the State courts dismissed all those legal challenges because they lacked standing. As far as what it tells me, it tells me two things: 1) Trump's lawyers were morons to file cases in State courts where they had no standing, and

Or, the easier, more logical explanation: they don't have a ****ing case, Einstein.

2) You are willing to deliberately lie about those filings and their outcome. Which tells me that you are aware of the election fraud and you fully support it.

On the ignore list you guy, kid.

Tell me I'm wrong.
Article 2, Section 1 Clause 2: Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

This means that the States legislatures are in complete control of the Elector process, even if it is gained by fraud. If the States accept the votes fraudulent or not, then, that is the vote of that State. There is nothing that can be done about it with the exception of the State legislature overturning the vote process. It is up to the State legislature to overturn fraudulent votes, the federal government has no power in this at all. You need to understand that it the States that decide election, the only power the federal government has is to set the date and time.

Article 2, Section 1 Clause 2: Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

This means that the States legislatures are in complete control of the Elector process, even if it is gained by fraud. If the States accept the votes fraudulent or not, then, that is the vote of that State. There is nothing that can be done about it with the exception of the State legislature overturning the vote process. It is up to the State legislature to overturn fraudulent votes, the federal government has no power in this at all.
I could not have said it better myself. You are exactly right.

Giving the

This means that the States legislatures are in complete control of the Elector process, even if it is gained by fraud. If the States accept the votes fraudulent or not, then, that is the vote of that State. There is nothing that can be done about it with the exception of the State legislature overturning the vote process. It is up to the State legislature to overturn fraudulent votes, the federal government has no power in this at all. You need to understand that it the States that decide election, the only power the federal government has is to set the date and time.

They call this the fragility of democracy. Its very easy to corrupt the democratic process because so much of it.relies not on laws, but on tradition and respect for the institution. Judge Learned Hand spoke to this issue in a famous speech from 1944:

"I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts. These are false hopes; believe me, these are false hopes. Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it. While it lies there it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it."

We watched Trump desperately try and steal the presidency this way. Entirely legal! His supporters would smugly say.

Now it's become part of the Republican Party.

Democracray's greatest strength is the universal respect for the process, but when we turn to legaleze to corrupt it, it becomes it's greatest weakness.

Giving the

They call this the fragility of democracy. Its very easy to corrupt the democratic process because so much of it.relies not on laws, but on tradition and respect for the institution. Judge Learned Hand spoke to this issue in a famous speech from 1944:

"I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts. These are false hopes; believe me, these are false hopes. Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it. While it lies there it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it."

We watched Trump desperately try and steal the presidency this way. Entirely legal! His supporters would smugly say.

Now it's become part of the Republican Party.

Democracray's greatest strength is the universal respect for the process, but when we turn to legaleze to corrupt it, it becomes it's greatest weakness.
Democracy only works if everyone follows the same rules. When you have people who have no respect for the process and will do anything to tilt the process then everyone loses.

Democracy only works if everyone follows the same rules. When you have people who have no respect for the process and will do anything to tilt the process then everyone loses.

It's not hard to use the law to corrupt democracy. Authoritarians do it all the time. Trump tried to steal an election legally.

McConnell stacked the Supreme Court legally. But he has done immense damage to both the Senate and the SCOTUS.

Back
Top Bottom