• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lieberman tells Web users to ‘relax’ about ‘kill switch’

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Lieberman, along with Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) and Sen. Tom Carper (D-DE), introduced the Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act two weeks ago. The bill would allow the President to disconnect Internet networks and force private websites to comply with broad cybersecurity measures. The president's power to shut down parts of the Web would be renewed indefinitely under the bill.

Gee whatever happened to the first amendment?

Lieberman tells Web users to ‘relax’ about ‘kill switch’ | Raw Story

who the **** made him king of the world? i wonder if he realises more than just americans use the internet.

Yeah, **** this bill.

Vote this bum out of office.

God I hate Joe Lieberman so much. My favorite part:

"Right now China, the government, can disconnect parts of its Internet in case of war and we need to have that here too."

Any other lessons on censorship you'd like to take from China, Joe? :doh

Holy crap, seriously? He's taking lessons on government policy from ****ing CHINA?

He needs a bitch slap.

I don't think Obama has the balls to pull it. Even he knows that the flipping that switch would be like striking a match and setting fire to the country.

God I hate Joe Lieberman so much. My favorite part:

Any other lessons on censorship you'd like to take from China, Joe? :doh

That and it would splinter the entire network as countries develop their own in order to prevent the US from killing it in an emergency.

At that point, the Internet would just die...

Back
Top Bottom