• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Lieberman Cites Reasons for Supporting McCain

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lieberman Cites Reasons for Supporting McCain : NPR

Although he's an independent from Connecticut who caucuses with Senate Democrats, Sen. Joe Lieberman would not rule out an appearance at the Republican Party convention.

"I believe in John McCain," Lieberman tells NPR's Robert Siegel. "If he asks me, sure, I'd consider it."

But would speaking at the rival party's convention constitute a de facto breach with the Democrats?

It would not be as large of a breach as the ruinous effect of political partisanship, Lieberman says.

"To me, the partisanship that has grown more bitter and divisive over the years here in Washington is the problem that Washington has to solve before it can solve the problems that people have to worry about every day."

This is genius. Yes Lieberman, let McCain pick you, after all you're the guy who wanted to ban Mortal Kombat a few years ago. ;) I really can't imagine a worse choice other then Piyush Jindal but please let McCain pick you. After all your record in presidential elections is great.

Can you or indeed anyone imagine electing someone who has a Jew as their vice?
I doubt Mccain will select him.............UNFORTUNATELY

Can you or indeed anyone imagine electing someone who has a Jew as their vice?

Considering Gore came pretty damn close to winning just eight years ago with Lieberman as his vice I don't think that would be an issue...

How would being Jewish have any negative affect for Lieberman as it would relate to a vice presidential bid?

Still, McCain cannot pick Lieberman and expect to win. What few conservatives that he has left would undoubtedly leave and sit it out as this would be a surefire sign of McCain sticking to the "work across the aisle" with democrats mentality.

Lieberman is a precurious man. He has high ambitions but no real energy or appeal. Without making ridiculous moves that get him into the press, he would be lost in obscurity.

I almost want a Republican to win his Senate seat in 4 years so we can get a different Democrat in there ten years from now.

"Mike Bloomberg for Vice President - the better of the nanny-state Jews"

Unlike all the other Democrats Leiberman is a man of principles.......

You can have him. I've never liked Lieberman...I've always found him to be wimpy, squirrley and real more of a Republican than a Democrat.

Lieberman Cites Reasons for Supporting McCain : NPR

This is genius. Yes Lieberman, let McCain pick you, after all you're the guy who wanted to ban Mortal Kombat a few years ago. ;) I really can't imagine a worse choice other then Piyush Jindal but please let McCain pick you. After all your record in presidential elections is great.

McCain isn't stupid enough to pick Lieberman.

McCain sure doesn't need an independent or middle-of-the-roader right now. He needs a veep that will enforce right-wing voting.

I like "da Leeb", but McCain's a fool if he picks him.

You can have him. I've never liked Lieberman...I've always found him to be wimpy, squirrley and real more of a Republican than a Democrat.
I'm sure most remember, that Leiberman was rejected by Connecticut Democrats in the primaries and was elected primarily by Republicans, who stabbed their own candidate in the back, in the general election.

I think Lieberman is a very good man...just a liiiitle son of a b*tch, but a good fella.:lol:

I remember when Al Gore was calling others to clear up why he didn't concede against Bush, and Al Gore was in one line of the phone, another Senator on the other phone, and Lieberman was included in the three way calling, but, while Al Gore and the person in the other phone were discussing the problem, Lieberman was minute after minute in silence listening the conversation. It happened that by mistake or by chance, one of the TV reporter's microphones got very close to Lieberman's phone when Al Gore was talking to the other person, and what Lieberman was listening from his phone was "tooh tooh tooh tooh tooh tooh tooh tooh tooh...":lol:

We see Lieberman supporting McCain because Lieberman wants a war against Iran, and actually, the signals show that Obama will be the next US president, so, Lieberman's country (Israel) will probably attack Iran before the elections to push US into the war.

Having McCain wishing to be in Iraq for 100 years, and Lieberman pushing to go to war against Iran, I guess that McCain cannot select a better person than Lieberman as his VP.

June 18, 2008
At the end of an impromptu press conference after a visit to discuss global warming with sixth graders here on Monday, Al Gore's 2000 veep pick was asked if he would be John McCain's running mate this time around. "No," Lieberman says flatly, as if the question were as ludicrous as his joining the antiwar movement. All Lieberman would add when prodded by a follow-up question is, "I think in this, as in so much else, [McCain] has his head screwed on right. I think he's looking for somebody who shares his priorities and would be capable of being president."

Apparently he can completely change his mind in a week.

He voted witht eh democrats 75% of the time in the senate...

I think McCain/Liberman would be a very strong ticket because it'd allow McCain to sell himself as genuinely bipartisan and pick up Democratic voters who are scared of the kind of bold dynamic change that Obama will bring.

The only reason you write this is because Lieberman supports McCain. If he didn't you'd lump him in with the first part of your straw-man argument.

hmmm the things is i havent really got my finger on the pulse of what The average American voter wants.If he picks Romney with the idea he is good on economics how many people is this really gonna tip the balance for him.Likewise if he picks liebermann how many voters more to the left is he gonna gain against conservatives he is goona lose?

It seems like the choice of vice president is incredibly important this year or is it?

In Soviet Russia, Quisling calls you Lieberman!

Eh? It makes no sense what you are saying.

I think the best comparison to Quisling in the US is Benedict Arnold.

In some European languages, the term "quisling" has become a synonym for traitor, particularly one who collaborates with invaders.

From Wikipedia.. and that's correct. And that is what Lieberman is to the democratic party... a traitor.

But I am guessing you read "working in the Soviet Union" and automatically thought Quisling was a commie or had some communistic leanings... but considering he was the puppet of Hitler in Norway.. then that assumption is kinda wrong.

Eh? It makes no sense what you are saying.

I think the best comparison to Quisling in the US is Benedict Arnold.

A traitor? Lierberman isn't a traitor. Just a dopey looking buffoon.

From Wikipedia.. and that's correct. And that is what Lieberman is to the democratic party... a traitor.

But I am guessing you read "working in the Soviet Union" and automatically thought Quisling was a commie or had some communistic leanings... but considering he was the puppet of Hitler in Norway.. then that assumption is kinda wrong.

It was a joke. :p

I hope McCain picks Bobby Jindal for VP........Every time I hear him speak he impresses me more..........He does not have a lot of experience but he has more then Obama...........

I hope McCain picks Bobby Jindal for VP........Every time I hear him speak he impresses me more..........He does not have a lot of experience but he has more then Obama...........

Oh you mean the Bobby Jindal who did not know that his own state was hit by massive oil spillage after Katrina?.. in fact he has promoted the falsehood that there was no oil spillage from the gulf platforms after Katrina...

Guess those oil spills that could be seen from SPACE were just a mirage.

OH and that's the same Bobby Jindal that believes in Intelligent design over evolution... yea a GREAT guy!

Can you show how? He'd been a congressman for 3 years and only became a senator 5 months ago. I smell partisanship.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom