• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

License-to-Kill Policing to Get a Trial Run in Rio de Janeiro

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Hopefully this will be successful and be implemented in all of Brazil's major cities. It will once again be safe to walk the streets.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/busi...policing-to-get-a-trial-run-in-rio-de-janeiro

“The protocol will be to immediately neutralize, slaughter anyone who has a rifle,” Witzel, a federal judge and former Brazilian marine, told reporters in Brasilia on Dec. 12. “Whoever has a rifle isn’t worried about other people’s lives, they’re ready to eliminate anyone who crosses their path. This is a grave problem, not just in Rio de Janeiro, but also in other states.”

Rio has long exemplified Brazil’s charm and its chaos, and what happens there echoes at home and abroad. Like President-elect Jair Bolsonaro, Witzel cruised to victory in October promising a brutal crackdown on criminals who make daily life a harrowing ordeal. Rio will be a proving ground for Bolsonaro’s philosophy of maximum force

I love Brazil. But it is a wild place.

I guess that is "common sense gun control" policy on steroids.

Translation: public execution of political opponents.

South Park's "they're comin right for us!" was meant to be satire, not a policy suggestion.

They’re going to shoot anyone who has a rifle?

I love Brazil. But it is a wild place.

No doubt.
We were there for a month years ago, and it sucked then.
Now it is much worse.
We got the best exchange rates from a white Ford in the alley near the hotel.
Good stuff.

They’re going to shoot anyone who has a rifle?
No they are going to shoot anyone they want. Rio will turn into a battle field as the new President eliminates his political and business opponents.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

We Americans should keep our mouths shut about other nations' crime solutions.

We need to spend every minute trying to lower the violent crime here in the States, crime that the liberal media do their best to downplay or ignore.

Extrajudicial killings are in vogue with the wannabe dictator crowd. They're all the rage in the Philippines, Syria, much of Africa, Russia and now Brazil. If Brazil wanted to sort itself out the police should shoot Jair Bolsonaro on sight. The man wants to return Brazil to the bad old days of the military junta from 1964-1985. The Rule of Law is being replaced by the Rule of Man, and that is never a good thing.

Oh, and Brazil is not Spanish but Portuguese in its cultural and linguistic heritage, not Spanish.

Poor bloody Brazil.

Cheers?
Evilroddy.

Just the blacks and natives. The Spanish will be left alone

Brasileiros are not Hispanic they are descendants from Portugal which gives them their language and there are descendants from other continents as well mostly Africa

Feliz Natal

Brasileiros are not Hispanic they are descendants from Portugal which gives them their language and there are descendants from other continents as well mostly Africa

Feliz Natal

Time Almanac Brazilian ethnicity 2007:
1) White (Potuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish) 55%
2) Mixed White & Black 38%
3) BLACK 6%

VIVA Bolsonaro:

The rapid rise of Brazil's new far-right leader Jair Bolsonaro may have surprised some observers
but it did not come out of thin air. His success follows years of support from powerful social movements.

Hopefully no one is seriously celebrating this barbarousness.

We Americans should keep our mouths shut about other nations' crime solutions.

We need to spend every minute trying to lower the violent crime here in the States, crime that the liberal media do their best to downplay or ignore.

So bring this policy to America? Make extrajudicial assassinations of Trump's political opponents legal?

Time Almanac Brazilian ethnicity 2007:
1) White (Potuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish) 55%
2) Mixed White & Black 38%
3) BLACK 6%

VIVA Bolsonaro:

The rapid rise of Brazil's new far-right leader Jair Bolsonaro may have surprised some observers
but it did not come out of thin air. His success follows years of support from powerful social movements.

Same was true of Lula. Only time will tell.

"Time wounds all heels" --- John Lennon

Seriously? The Spanish will be left alone? Brazil is being spoken about here. Spanish?

Yes the Brazilians will leave the Spanish and other ethnic Europeans alone for the most part

Feliz Natal
Yes my mistake, but the point still stands.
Ethnic Europeans unless "leftist" will generally not be targeted by this policy. The new government will use this to push down the other ethnic groups to maintain political power

Ethnic Europeans unless "leftist" will generally not be targeted by this policy. The new government will use this to push down the other ethnic groups to maintain political power

Let's just see how long it takes for Bolsonaro to abuse his power. seems like he's drooling over the prospects of shooting people. Dictators love to exercise extra-judicial means from removing people, especially those who criticize their regimes

Blacks and pardos are part of the coalition that elected Bolsonaro and are the overwhelming victims of the criminals he and his allies want to target. I mean I’m just waiting because the Security Forces are going to kill an armed gang member and the left will go mad and at the same time not give two craps about all the honest black people said gang member killed illegally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom