• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Libyan Ship Sails for Gaza; Israel Blasts 'Unnecessary Provocation'

digsbe

Truth will set you free
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
FOXNews.com - Libyan Ship Sails for Gaza; Israel Blasts 'Unnecessary Provocation'

CAIRO -- The organizer of a Libyan charity ship bound for Gaza said Sunday he was determined to reach the Palestinian territory despite reports the vessel would divert to a nearby Egyptian port in the latest attempt to thwart an Israeli naval blockade.

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak has called the ship an "unnecessary provocation," saying goods for Gaza that don't have military uses can be delivered through the Israeli port of Ashdod, following a security check.

Looks like Libya is trying to stir up the international community to "strongly condemn" the actions of Israel. He is trying to instigate trouble. But I guess it's ok when you are an oppressive Islamic dictator. What's everyone's thoughts on this? I think Libya is just trying to instigate trouble.

FOXNews.com - Libyan Ship Sails for Gaza; Israel Blasts 'Unnecessary Provocation'

Looks like Libya is trying to stir up the international community to "strongly condemn" the actions of Israel. He is trying to instigate trouble. But I guess it's ok when you are an oppressive Islamic dictator. What's everyone's thoughts on this? I think Libya is just trying to instigate trouble.

Too bad Ghadafi doesn't have the cahonas to get aboard that ship himself. The Israelis would just love kicking his ass when he arrives.

Yeah by golly

Suppling food is terrorism and should be stopped. The Red Cross and soup kitchens should be shut down and the people who work for them water boardered to find out what evil plans they had for supplying food

Yeah by golly

Suppling food is terrorism and should be stopped. The Red Cross and soup kitchens should be shut down and the people who work for them water boardered to find out what evil plans they had for supplying food

An oppressive dictator is using this as a stunt to instigate a conflict with the Israelis. This isn't about aid. Aid still gets into Gaza, they just have to be checked in either Egypt or Ashdod to make sure military supplies aren't smuggled into the Hamas controlled Gaza strip. I'm sure the intentions of the oppressive dictator are based on goodwill and benevolence:sarcasticclap

Back
Top Bottom