• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Libs use of war as a political weapon

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Iraq War 2 illustrated how low Demokrats would go. They voted to send troops to battle because they did not want to be seen as the anti-military, anti-national security party they are.

They so much wanted to show the public their new colors that in the senate they asked for a second symbolic vote (just to make sure people understood they had new colors), and got it.

What did they then do? In an effort to damage a popular president, and when our troops needed their support the most... they double fisted a dagger in their backs. So much for the new colors... and what was that new color? Smoke... as in smoke screen.

Demokrats used a war vote for political expediency, and then turned on the troops... also for political expediency. That is about the most disgusting act an elected official can make. But that IS the modern Demokrat Party. They seriously lack morals.

The following article illustrates how Obama and his party will once again show they have no morals when it comes to seeking and acquiring power.

Zimmer notes in red
The first rule for President Obama: It’s all about 2014. The second rule for President Obama: See Rule No. 1.

Make no mistake: The president couldn’t care less about the plight of Syrians, the 1,500 gassed to death — including nearly 500 children. It’s all about 2014. Win the House, reign supreme. (Zimmer note: If they didn't care about our troops, why would they care about the Syrians?)

The conventional wisdom is, as usual, wrong. Losing the congressional vote won’t be an embarrassment for the president, as all the talking heads are still parroting. A loss would be a double win. First, because a “No” vote would allow the foreign policy neophyte to walk away from his blundering “red line” declaration on chemical weapons (“I wanted to go in, but Congress said no”). And second, should Republicans who voted for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars now oppose Syria, the president would be armed with clear “evidence” that their opposition is purely political. (Zimmer note: Of course Obama will politicize it, just as he did when Osama was offed. Remember Demokrats once cried about politicizing 911... well... that works only one way.)

Keep in mind: This president knows no way to campaign other than to blame others. He’ll batter Republicans for all of 2014 as obstructionists should they be the reason the effort fails. (Zimmer note: And his Propaganda Ministry of discredited Journ-O-lists will happily chant along... Yes We Can)

Whatever happens, this much is clear: We’re no longer talking about the IRS targeting tea party groups, the Justice Department tapping reporters’ phone lines, the NSA’s surveillance programs, Benghazi. The president has smartly changed the subject to the most important decision a commander in chief makes: war.
And the most presidential. That, he knows, will play better in the midterm elections, whichever way Congress votes. (Zimmer note: And of course... the Propaganda Ministry will bury those other "stories" the best they can. )

The Iraq War 2 illustrated how low Demokrats would go. They voted to send troops to battle because they did not want to be seen as the anti-military, anti-national security party they are.

They so much wanted to show the public their new colors that in the senate they asked for a second symbolic vote (just to make sure people understood they had new colors), and got it.

What did they then do? In an effort to damage a popular president, and when our troops needed their support the most... they double fisted a dagger in their backs. So much for the new colors... and what was that new color? Smoke... as in smoke screen.

Demokrats used a war vote for political expediency, and then turned on the troops... also for political expediency. That is about the most disgusting act an elected official can make. But that IS the modern Demokrat Party. They seriously lack morals.

The following article illustrates how Obama and his party will once again show they have no morals when it comes to seeking and acquiring power.

Zimmer notes in red
You got it right.

The red line was one of the most stupid foreign policy moves ever. He either has the most inept advisers or he, stupid-in-chief himself, overruled wiser heads…’cause, of course, he is the O’wisest.

But he is nothing if not able to stumble into a beneficial [ for him, not for us] political solution, with Cameron in the UK leading the way… hmmmm… [ Obama thinking, chuckling: Dang, I can let others pay for my mistake, how politically genius ].

Thanks for bringing this full circle, showing how our snake head is biting our own tail to make himself anew... anothing. The big Zer-0bama.

Zimmer notes in red
Ahyup. For the 'krats it all about power and control, power and control. And hypocrisy, treachery, and even betrayal are, for them, all valid tools in their arsenal - along with deceit, deception, and above all else, symbolism v. substance.

God help us if they ever get total control.

Something that has received little comment...

Well, we know that the Assad regime has the largest chemical weapons programs in the entire Middle East. We know that the regime has used those weapons multiple times this year,

Jhn F-ing Kerry, August 30, 2013

FULL TRANSCRIPT: Secretary of State John Kerry?s remarks on Syria on Aug. 30 - Washington Post
A little odd considering Obama's Red Line was in reference to "transporting" or using WMD. Why is it an issue now? Is it to cover his other scandals?

Something that has received little comment...

A little odd considering Obama's Red Line was in reference to "transporting" or using WMD. Why is it an issue now? Is it to cover his other scandals?
I don't put any stock into imagining there's any sense to any of it. They're just making it up as they go.

War is a political weapon.

Zimmer notes in red

Screw You!!

You're part of a party which is borderline to extinction.

Screw You!!

You're part of a party which is borderline to extinction.
The political left here has been saying that for decades. It demonstrates at least two things: 1)The loyal opposition is far from extinction; and, 2) The ideas of the political left are so vapid that the only way they can possibly succeed is without any political alternative.

Ahyup. For the 'krats it all about power and control, power and control. And hypocrisy, treachery, and even betrayal are, for them, all valid tools in their arsenal - along with deceit, deception, and above all else, symbolism v. substance.

God help us if they ever get total control.

Neither side is respectable or honest or trustworthy. We need a 3rd party.

Screw You!!
Alex, that would be.. "What is the overarching theme underpinning all of liberalism?"
Correct!
I'll take political hacks for 400, Alex.

The political left here has been saying that for decades. It demonstrates at least two things: 1)The loyal opposition is far from extinction; and, 2) The ideas of the political left are so vapid that the only way they can possibly succeed is without any political alternative.

Republicans losing the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections should raise a flag. The way Romney experienced having his ass kicked out of the park should have added an exclamation point.

Republicans losing the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections should raise a flag. The way Romney experienced having his ass kicked out of the park should have added an exclamation point.
What that tells me is that Republicans have failed to provide a viable candidate who can articulate principles and policies in a few past elections. Obama hardly kicked Romney's ass out of the park if you can manage an objective look. Your overstatement suggests a measure of trepidation over the rapidly upcoming elections.

I know self-examination can be difficult, particularly in times of perceived euphoria, but Democrats winning the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections with the candidates they put forth ought to raise even larger red flags. Does the average Democrat have any clue what they're really supporting?

War IS politics. If you're blind to that fact then you're blind to reality. Hence my sig. People like zimmer still don't ****ing get it. To analyze and formulate war policy without taking domestic politics into account is folly.

What that tells me is that Republicans have failed to provide a viable candidate who can articulate principles and policies in a few past elections. Obama hardly kicked Romney's ass out of the park if you can manage an objective look. Your overstatement suggests a measure of trepidation over the rapidly upcoming elections.

Evidently you don't understand how it works. Al Gore got half a million votes more than George W. Bush but because his brother and his concubine Katherine Harris stole the electoral votes in Florida and the conservative supreme court ruled in favor of Bush the results were:

Bush 271
Gore 266

For comparison:

Obama 332
Romney 206

Like I said......Romney got his ass kicked

Evidently you don't understand how it works. Al Gore got half a million votes more than George W. Bush but because his brother and his concubine Katherine Harris stole the electoral votes in Florida and the conservative supreme court ruled in favor of Bush the results were:

Bush 271
Gore 266

For comparison:

Obama 332
Romney 206

Like I said......Romney got his ass kicked
I read the reports and saw the recounts. Apparently you didn't. Now you're offerring me the electoral count with Romney and Obama. I thought it was all about the popular vote? I'm not trying, nor would I, to dissuade you from your position, but at least use an apples to apples comparisons when you make your point. Romney didn't get "his ass kicked". Only the right wing media left that impression with their overblown predictions. The Rovian wishful thinking was reported. No serious person ever credited that. I admit, they were few, but there were some of us who weren't believers, even though the numbers were much closer than you would care to admit. I'll go look 'em up.

I read the reports and saw the recounts. Apparently you didn't. Now you're offerring me the electoral count with Romney and Obama. I thought it was all about the popular vote? I'm not trying, nor would I, to dissuade you from your position, but at least use an apples to apples comparisons when you make your point. Romney didn't get "his ass kicked". Only the right wing media left that impression with their overblown predictions. The Rovian wishful thinking was reported. No serious person ever credited that. I admit, they were few, but there were some of us who weren't believers, even though the numbers were much closer than you would care to admit. I'll go look 'em up.

Your mailbox is full. Won't accept messages. Housecleaning time again!

Back
Top Bottom