• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Library study finds 'challenged' books soared in 2021

ALiberalModerate

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Accounts of book bannings and attempted book bannings, along with threats against librarians, have soared over the past year

The book bans and attempted bans are overwhelmingly coming from the American Right. Remember that when they lecture you on free speech.

The book bans and attempted bans are overwhelmingly coming from the American Right. Remember that when they lecture you on free speech.
Well, when a good portion of your support base believes a fantasy book is real, banning books is far more reasonable.
In a twisted way.

****ing deplorable.

I don't care what partisan politics motivate it, book bannings are anti-American.
That all depends which America you think you live in.

Because clearly there are different opinions on that.

That all depends which America you think you live in.

Because clearly there are different opinions on that.
More like what America I had hoped I lived in?

All Americans should inherently have a visceral negative reaction to the thought of banning books.

Back
Top Bottom