• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Libertarian Party's Platform on Gun Laws

Che said:
A couple of days ago the first officer died in the line of duty in New York.

Guess how he was killed?

A man with a gun shot him.

Legalizing guns and handing them out to everyone won't help in cases like this or in cases period, it'll only add to the problem

This type of emotional argument is common amoung gun control advocates. The fact is, gun control laws have never been shown to decrease gun violence. All of the "studies" cited by gun control advocates (of which there are only a handful) are laughably flawed, such as the Kellerman study (google it).

Without a link between gun control and gun violence, I don't understand the motives of those who want gun control. It's not getting security for freedom, its giving up freedom, and not getting any security in return.

Guess how he was killed?

This is the kind of subversive, emotional tripe gun control advocates often use to pull on the heart-strings of soccer moms and ignorant college students in order to further their factually devoid stance on said issue.

Guns kill! People die! Death! Aren't you against death?

Utterly preposterous.

Do you sincerely think that gun-control would have saved this officer's life? Because if you do then I can see why you would be on the Hillary Clinton bandwagon.

Gun-control laws are established for the sole purpose of disarming criminals, but the funny thing about criminals is they don't follow the law. Whereas the otherwise law-abiding citizen is subject to random searches and seizures, and when he fails to register his/her weapon has it confiscated.

All gun control laws do is disarm law-abiding citizens while rapists, murderers, and burgulars roam the streets packing heat looking for their next unarmed victim.

The only reason why Billary Clinton and company don't care about protecting the right to bear arms is because they have twenty highly-trained Secret Service agents strapped with glocks and body armour protecting their asses twenty-four hours a day seven days a week. Give me round the clock protection from the Secret Service and a garuntee that my government will never become tyrannical and then I'll give up my right to bear arms.

Che said:

Guess how he was killed?

Legalizing guns and handing them out to everyone won't help in cases like this or in cases period, it'll only add to the problem

A couple of days ago a man died.

Guess how he was killed?

A man with a car hit him.

Legalizing cars and handing them out to everyone only adds to the problem.

The Real McCoy said:
A couple of days ago a man died.

Guess how he was killed?

A man with a car hit him.

Legalizing cars and handing them out to everyone only adds to the problem.
rofl :rofl Use the same ideaology with a different subject! I wonder who's going to ban cars, or give them away! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom