• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals, what would YOU do?

I am not a liberal but I am an never Trumper and I think teh shooting was justified.

Except for agenda, how could anyone think different?

Because shooting an unarmed man in the back in front of his children is the definition of failure for the cop involved whether they intended to murder him or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because I'm not a psychopath?
Yeah, some people ignore the police that isn't a reason to shoot them in the back. I think your argument says you think the person shot somehow gains super speed and can somehow outdraw and outshoot police officers who are at the ready to shoot. The officers did indeed have time to make sure a gun was being drawn before opening fire but they didn't they just started blasting.

You now seem to have completely abandoned your stop or I'll shoot command be given by police. Keep in mind that the following video shows a "good shoot" by police for failure to precisely obey commands given.

Shoot him in the back 7 times and hope the president of the united states is a big dumb racist.

Can you not have a reasonable discussion? You prefer this drivel?

Because shooting an unarmed man in the back in front of his children is the definition of failure for the cop involved whether they intended to murder him or not.

They tazed him twice. He went for a weapon. WTF, let's get serious.

I am so sick of the tribe mentality.

Think for yourself. **** the tribe, worry about the country.

Can you not have a reasonable discussion? You prefer this drivel?

I’m sorry I’m not more reasonable when it comes to children watching their father get shot by people they’re supposed to trust.

They tazed him twice. He went for a weapon. WTF, let's get serious.

I am so sick of the tribe mentality.

Think for yourself. **** the tribe, worry about the country.

My country includes Black lives mattering.

That’s the country I’m fighting for.

My country includes Black lives mattering.

That’s the country I’m fighting for.

How is this reply of any relevance to what I posted unless you are saying police have no right to defend themselves against black people?

How is this reply of any relevance to what I posted unless you are saying police have no right to defend themselves against black people?

We disagree that defending themselves required 7 bullets in the back.

That’s what I’m saying. If you want to ask me do I care about cop lives? Me, personally?

Nope.

I still wouldn't open fire until I had evidence of a gun.
Again, I don't think deadly force was needed here.

Ok, I have to tell you I think that is incredibly unreasonable, and asking too much of cops. And if cops were truly held to a standard like that, really an impossible standard for the most part, we could not find qualified cops. Mostly the only people that would be willing to be cops would be stupid, or reckless people. Smart people with talent would recognize the inability of a human to maintain such a standard. And who would want to either die or go to prison for murder if faced with such a senecio?

I fear it’s already happening, as talented people have other options, that may have leaned cop as a career until recent years have made it so difficult, and how cops are not respected and expected to risk death and possibly go to prison for a less than perfect (but reasonable) decision.

I’m sorry I’m not more reasonable when it comes to children watching their father get shot by people they’re supposed to trust.

I am too, but no point discussing with such drivel.

I am not a liberal but I am an never Trumper and I think teh shooting was justified.

Except for agenda, how could anyone think different?

So shooting him 8 times in the back was the only alternative?

We disagree that defending themselves required 7 bullets in the back.

That’s what I’m saying. If you want to ask me do I care about cop lives? Me, personally?

Nope.

the number of bullets is of no relevance to your contention as officers are not taught to fire one bullet and see if it's effective

what do you mean you don't care about cop's lives?

Are you serious or was that a misspeak?

those children can thank the cops for ending this peace of shiite that routinely raped their mother.

Ok, I have to tell you I think that is incredibly unreasonable, and asking too much of cops. And if cops were truly held to a standard like that, really an impossible standard for the most part, we could not find qualified cops. Mostly the only people that would be willing to be cops would be stupid, or reckless people. Smart people with talent would recognize the inability of a human to maintain such a standard. And who would want to either die or go to prison for murder if faced with such a senecio?

I fear it’s already happening, as talented people have other options, that may have leaned cop as a career until recent years have made it so difficult, and how cops are not respected and expected to risk death and possibly go to prison for a less than perfect (but reasonable) decision.

I'm pretty sure it's the standard the UK police have to use when firearms officers are called to a situation in the UK.
If you aren't willing to face risk then you shouldn't be a police officer.

You are a cop responding to a violent perp breaking a restraining in order. You know he has violent history and outstanding warrants.

He had physically attacked you, you apply a taser which and he still resists. You and partner draw your weapons and he continues to ignore you and walks to his car.

You are quite aware and have seen in training of dash cam films of fellow cops being killed by perps after “reaching in Their car”.

the perp reaches into the car.

What do you do? It takes about half a second for him to turn and fire. Do you wait and “take your chances” ?

What would you do?

You are also aware of the loss of small motor skills under extreme pressure that nearly everyone suffers (google if you doubt that).

Common sense should tell everyone, that fighting against the police will definitely increase the chances of being shot. Is this so hard to grasp? What is wrong with saying, "yes sir" or "no sir" to those who have the authority to throw you in jail or kill you if you persistently resist?....I just don't know....is it an ego thing or what?

the number of bullets is of no relevance to your contention as officers are not taught to fire one bullet and see if it's effective

Nope. Meant what I typed.

I am too, but no point discussing with such drivel.

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure it's the standard the UK police have to use when firearms officers are called to a situation in the UK.
If you aren't willing to face risk then you shouldn't be a police officer.
Ok, I am willing to see s difference here, the UK doesn’t face the same kind of environment we do. Cops have next to zero risk there in the same scenario. Not true here, not even remotely.

How manynUK cops are killed by gunmen? Totally apples and oranges.

Ok. I would not say it was the most perfect move. But we can’t ask for perfection. It was reasonable.

A super cool gifted cop maybe could wait one more second, And likely the perp was not going for a gun, and things could have been eventually resolved without death.

But, I can’t ask cops to do what most really can’t. The result is all on the perp, follow orders, don’t be an idiot and reach for things especially when you are already in criminal trouble the cops are on edge.

Democrats refuse to use common sense, because it's about political agenda. Start with the problem. The suspect has prior offenses and refuses to comply with police commands. Now the situation is dangerous. It's the suspect who caused this, not the police, the police are forced to make snap decisions based on prior information and the second by second develolpment of the incident. It's not the cops fault and anyone who says it is is lying, stupid, or playing pure politics.

They shot an unarmed man in the back 7 times. Water meets its level.

So how many times was OK? 1, 3, how many when did it become excessive? Have you seen the video of the black man attacking a cope with a machete? The cop is forced to shoot 7 times before the perp goes down and that is literally after the guy swings his machete at point blank range at the cop. So give some liberal BS rational for why cops should take unnecessary risks when the suspect fails to comply with police commands and the police know he has a violent past, or is in the act of resisting or fighting the police?

Back
Top Bottom