• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals, MSM collaborators and anti-Trump Muslim liars-its Obama's fault.

RenoCon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Since President Trump"s election there have been several instances where Muslims with an anti-Trump agenda have perpetrated false reports of events in an effort to discredit Trump and his supporters. In each of these cases the Liberal media has been complicit in spreading the false narrative. Even after the lie was totally disproven, liberals and their MSM collaborators still claimed that the (now disproven) story was relevant because it brought the issue to light.

Muslim Women Wearing Hijabs Assaulted Just Hours After Trump Win - NBC News

UPDATE : Student who lied about being attacked charged - KATC.com | Continuous News Coverage | Acadiana-Lafayette

MSM and other liberal sources claimed this was still a relevant story, even after being proven a total fabrication, because it brought to light how Trump supporters hate Muslims.

U.S. mosque attack twist: Perp is a Muslim

MSM and other liberal sources claimed this was still a relevant story because, somehow, in their twisted logic, it still demonstrated the violence that Trump supporters could enact against Muslims and their property.

Detroit Family Caught in Travel Ban, Mom Dies waiting to Come Home
http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...aq-travel-ban-mom-dies-waiting-come-home.html

Total lie. This guy invokes the death of his mother in an act of shameless opportunism in an effort to discredit Trump's immigration policy. Then the mainstream media perpetuates the myth.
Iraq war vet lied about mom's death after Trump's travel ban - NY Daily News

And shamelessly this DP poster attempts to justify the lie:
"Yup, now it seems to indicate he lied about when his mother died. If true the guy is a dumbass for lying; however it still doesn't invalidate most of the story....This is just an example of how Trump's decree is causing problems and causing actual harm rather than protecting us from "bad dudes"." (Verax)

More despicable, shameless opportunism. Verax is the proverbial "gut hooked" fish flopping on the deck and sticking to his narrative even when proven an absolute lie.

Community organizer Obama studied under disciples of Saul Alinsky. One of his philosophies was, in short, "The end justifies the means." In other words it does not matter how one goes about making their case, even lying, as long as the end result is achieved. In the above cases, it doesn't matter to many liberals that the narratives provided by each of these Muslims was proven to be an absolute lie, as long as they discredited Trumps policies and his supporters. The ascendancy of Obama to the highest office in the land legitimized this philosophy and has now created an entire liberal/progressive culture that now makes lying OK as long as it justifies the means.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/2454-saul-alinsky-a-radical-who-matters
Re: Alinsky

"Also, like his fellow leftists, he believed that there were no fixed truths but that truth was relative and always changing, with "no final answers, no dogma, no formula, no panacea." Thus, the aims of his revolution to empower the "have nots" could also shift, depending on how "truth" was interpreted ...
Barack Obama, although assiduously avoiding any mention of Alinsky in his two books, Dreams From My Father and The Audacity of Hope, intensively trained in Alinsky methodology in several organizations started by him or closely allied with him...
Like all great communicators he told stories to make his points, even though he sometimes stretched things a bit. His books are interesting and literate, the products of a fine mind. He was a master teacher of others, and left a legion of trained disciples and organizations, including Obama and Clinton.
Where many persons part company with Alinsky is in his amoral approach to getting power, where the ends justify the means... "

Obama's ascendency and his community organizer philosophy has legitimized the trend of liberals and their MSM collaborators to create false narratives as long as "the end justifies the means."

There is little of Alinsky's teachings that I would agree with, certainly not the lying, but I can buy into this assessment:
"He criticized both conservatives and liberals, but liberals were the ones mostly drawn to him, although in his view, a liberal was a person "who puts his foot down firmly on thin air.""
Ouch.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Saul Alinsky! Everybody drink!

Since President Trump"s election there have been several instances where Muslims with an anti-Trump agenda have perpetrated false reports of events in an effort to discredit Trump and his supporters.

That's because lies, deceit, and distortions are the only thing the left has. Well, that and calls for a military coup against a duly elected president. I hope the kooker left keeps their stupidity on full display. The more nuttier, the more they marginalize themselves. :)

That's because lies, deceit, and distortions are the only thing the left has. Well, that and calls for a military coup against a duly elected president. I hope the kooker left keeps their stupidity on full display. The more nuttier, the more they marginalize themselves. :)

your post id just a good old fashioned smear tactic. there was no call for a coupe and trump is no more than a birther. another post from putins basement

your post id just a good old fashioned smear tactic. there was no call for a coupe and trump is no more than a birther. another post from putins basement

Ah, but one "former Obama official" said "coup" in an article; ergo, the entire "left" wants to take up arms against the Trumpinator!

Ah, but one "former Obama official" said "coup" in an article; ergo, the entire "left" wants to take up arms against the Trumpinator!

He didn't say "the entire left".....YOU did.

But his implication that it would be a significant portion of the "Left" is probably accurate.

Last edited:

But his implication that it would be a significant portion of the "Left" is probably accurate.

Define "significant." This should be fun.

You might be interested to know that the tea party used Saul Alinsky's techniques, too. In fact, Freedom Works was handing out Saul Alinsky's handbook, Rules for Radicals like candy...

This is not news to me. See The New American article in my OP. Obama legitimized this (I mean who had heard of Alinsky prior to 2008) and the anti-Trumpsters have turned the "end justifies the means" into an art form.

Define "significant." This should be fun.

:eek:t:attn1:
Kids...can I at least get a little on point criticism?

Since President Trump"s election there have been several instances where Muslims with an anti-Trump agenda have perpetrated false reports of events in an effort to discredit Trump and his supporters. In each of these cases the Liberal media has been complicit in spreading the false narrative. Even after the lie was totally disproven, liberals and their MSM collaborators still claimed that the (now disproven) story was relevant because it brought the issue to light. . .

. . .Saul Alinsky: A Radical Who Matters
Re: Alinsky

"Also, like his fellow leftists, he believed that there were no fixed truths but that truth was relative and always changing, with "no final answers, no dogma, no formula, no panacea." Thus, the aims of his revolution to empower the "have nots" could also shift, depending on how "truth" was interpreted ...
Barack Obama, although assiduously avoiding any mention of Alinsky in his two books, Dreams From My Father and The Audacity of Hope, intensively trained in Alinsky methodology in several organizations started by him or closely allied with him...
Like all great communicators he told stories to make his points, even though he sometimes stretched things a bit. His books are interesting and literate, the products of a fine mind. He was a master teacher of others, and left a legion of trained disciples and organizations, including Obama and Clinton.
Where many persons part company with Alinsky is in his amoral approach to getting power, where the ends justify the means... "

Obama's ascendency and his community organizer philosophy has legitimized the trend of liberals and their MSM collaborators to create false narratives as long as "the end justifies the means."

There is little of Alinsky's teachings that I would agree with, certainly not the lying, but I can buy into this assessment:
"He criticized both conservatives and liberals, but liberals were the ones mostly drawn to him, although in his view, a liberal was a person "who puts his foot down firmly on thin air.""
Ouch.

Note: OP edited because of DP character limitation:​

The effort to make it look like the right is employing Alinksy's model is almost laughable. Somebody even posted a website where a Tea Party advocate posted Alinsky's rules for radicals as evidence the right is using those tactics when in fact it was to educate other Tea Partiers in what to look for.

The Tea partier did make the remark that wouldn't it be ironic if those rules were used against the radicals, and that is all the ammunition the dishonest left needs to insist that the Tea Party is using Alinsky's model.

But I am seeing that as a daily thing in the MSM, social media, and on message boards. Even somebody asking a question will be translated by the left as intent.

But I am hoping--I hope not futilely--that Alinksy's seventh rule is kicking in: "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag." The riots at Berkeley two days ago and at NY College yesterday is beginning to make it obvious what hatefulness and intolerance is being bred at leftist universities. And every time the MSM and leftists on social media and message boards take the most innocent statement or question and run with it illustrating how prejudiced, hateful, and intolerant they are, I think that may be giving more and more people cause for pause.

When the left comes across as having no principles, no ideas, no vision but demonstrate only anger, intolerance, and hatred for others, that can only give the right more credibility and power.

So who knows? Maybe all this is a good thing.

The effort to make it look like the right is employing Alinksy's model is almost laughable. Somebody even posted a website where a Tea Party advocate posted Alinsky's rules for radicals as evidence the right is using those tactics when in fact it was to educate other Tea Partiers in what to look for.

The Tea partier did make the remark that wouldn't it be ironic if those rules were used against the radicals, and that is all the ammunition the dishonest left needs to insist that the Tea Party is using Alinsky's model.

But I am seeing that as a daily thing in the MSM, social media, and on message boards. Even somebody asking a question will be translated by the left as intent.

But I am hoping--I hope not futilely--that Alinksy's seventh rule is kicking in: "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag." The riots at Berkeley two days ago and at NY College yesterday is beginning to make it obvious what hatefulness and intolerance is being bred at leftist universities. And every time the MSM and leftists on social media and message boards take the most innocent statement or question and run with it illustrating how prejudiced, hateful, and intolerant they are, I think that may be giving more and more people cause for pause.

When the left comes across as having no principles, no ideas, no vision but demonstrate only anger, intolerance, and hatred for others, that can only give the right more credibility and power.

A bunch of college kids protesting are not the same as anarchist groups that take advantage of a campus protest.

A bunch of college kids protesting are not the same as anarchist groups that take advantage of a campus protest.

If the college kids were not protesting, there would be no anarchist groups. But even the so-called peaceful protests designed to prevent 'unwanted speech' on campus are born of hatred, prejudice, intolerance, and a willingness to violate the rights of others who want to hear that speech. The willingness of university authorities to permit it is a clear signal that they approve of it. This is what our universities are breeding. And nothing good can come from it.

If the college kids were not protesting, there would be no anarchist groups. But even the so-called peaceful protests designed to prevent 'unwanted speech' on campus are born of hatred, prejudice, intolerance, and a willingness to violate the rights of others who want to hear that speech. The willingness of university authorities to permit it is a clear signal that they approve of it. This is what our universities are breeding. And nothing good can come from it.

I don't mind peaceful protest for any reason. I wouldn't be out there protesting with them, but anytime that right is properly exercised it makes me even more proud to be in a country where people can openly engage without fear of repercussions. Anarchist groups exist separately from college protesters. They do not exist simply because college kids protest. It disgusts me that they take advantage of the situation to cause harm to others, but I don't think restricting student protests would be the proper response.

I don't mind peaceful protest for any reason. I wouldn't be out there protesting with them, but anytime that right is properly exercised it makes me even more proud to be in a country where people can openly engage without fear of repercussions. Anarchist groups exist separately from college protesters. They do not exist simply because college kids protest. It disgusts me that they take advantage of the situation to cause harm to others, but I don't think restricting student protests would be the proper response.

Lawful protest against bad acts of others, certainly. If somebody is engaging in an ACTION that is harmful to others, that is legitimate protest every single time. Riots and hooliganism are never okay.

But protest against somebody's opinion or what somebody believes or professes is anti-American, intolerant, prejudiced, and just plain hateful not to mention entirely close minded in what is intended to be an institution of higher learning.

The students are not required to attend the speech or read it or hear it. In other words it does not affect those who dislike the speaker in any way. But to deny others, who do wish to hear the speaker, the right to do so is just plain hateful not to mention really bad manners.

Lawful protest against bad acts of others, certainly. If somebody is engaging in an ACTION that is harmful to others, that is legitimate protest every single time. Riots and hooliganism are never okay.

But protest against somebody's opinion or what somebody believes or professes is anti-American, intolerant, prejudiced, and just plain hateful not to mention entirely close minded in what is intended to be an institution of higher learning.

The students are not required to attend the speech or read it or hear it. In other words it does not affect those who dislike the speaker in any way. But to deny others, who do wish to hear the speaker, the right to do so is just plain hateful not to mention really bad manners.

I have to say you must not know who Milo is if part of your disagreement with the protest is bad manners. I don't put the blame on the protesters. I put the blame on the school administration that decided to cancel the event. Even though you wouldn't know it from this forum, there are universities all across the United States that don't back down from things like this.

I have to say you must not know who Milo is if part of your disagreement with the protest is bad manners. I don't put the blame on the protesters. I put the blame on the school administration that decided to cancel the event. Even though you wouldn't know it from this forum, there are universities all across the United States that don't back down from things like this.

There are a few universities that still require good manners and respect of guests from the students. But universities like Berkeley do not. ANY such protests against an invited guest to the campus is hateful and just plain mean spirited and wrong. An invited guest to campus should always be entitled to safe passage and at least civility. If you believe protests against the lawful free speech of anybody justifies riots, violence, and/or refusal to allow such speech, then you are part of the attack on free speech. Consider if Obama or Clinton or Pelosi or Schumer were subjected to such treatment. Would that be okay?

You might be interested to know that the tea party used Saul Alinsky's techniques, too. In fact, Freedom Works was handing out Saul Alinsky's handbook, Rules for Radicals like candy...

Right loves to hate, imitate Alinsky - POLITICO

Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" - Tea Party Command Center

Conservatives are keeping Saul Alinsky alive. I see them using his tactics all the time, including lying..ridicule..denial...demography...distortion of facts...baseless and relentless attacks...

Excellent comments AlbqOwl. So it would appear that Moot is way off base. I am not that familiar with Alinsky, but it seems like he is to today's anti-Trump liberal violent protestors as MLK was to the non-peaceful rioters of the 60s. Alinsky and MLK's ideas made some sense at the time, but when carried to the extremes they become counterproductive.

Excellent comments AlbqOwl. So it would appear that Moot is way off base. I am not that familiar with Alinsky, but it seems like he is to today's anti-Trump liberal violent protestors as MLK was to the non-peaceful rioters of the 60s. Alinsky and MLK's ideas made some sense at the time, but when carried to the extremes they become counterproductive.

Then stop using them. The right take everything to the extreme...so when they use the Alinsky's ideas instead of their own, society turns to chaos and civil unrest.

I called it. Surely so many others did too.

Anything negative happening under Trump is to be blamed on Obama (or "the left").

Anything positive credited to Trump.

Whether there's any causal nexis will be irrelevant UNLESS the point is to protect Trump from something. Only then will nuance show its face.

Trump could start a series of trade wars resulting in the final decimation of American manufacturing and it won't be his fault. It'll be "immigrants" and "leftists" and basically everyone other than those who voted for this completely unqualified ***hat. Then again, we may not deserve Democracy any more.

They still make sense and there are many on the Left who are indeed avid students of the techniques he taught. I had to giggle at the glowing account of the process described in Politico. Too funny. :)

And yes, many of us have also taken time to read up and understand the techniques so we are better prepared to recognize them and identify them for what they are when they are used.

Back
Top Bottom