• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals make me sick

Fail. The OP doesn't show that the left screwed up anything.

Please try again.

Fail.

The left screwed it up just like you're trying to do with this tread.

Sorry but SJWs are liberals. If there is a conservative that agrees with the OP I would be shocked.

SJWs are not all liberals.

There was the mother of the cheerleader who claimed that their town was 90% illegal immigrants and who then tried to get her daughter reinstated as head cheerleader. You think she was a liberal ??

Here you are, your OP is a social justice warrior rant. You are whining about how a CNN anchor thinks Phelps should not carry the torch or something (?) who cares. The CNN anchor shouldn't be making the decision, anyway.

I did not say "All Liberals" there is no implying anything. Sorry but SJW are liberals.

Oh crap I didn't say some or these so I must mean all liberals :roll:

Yes, that's pretty much how the English language works.

Own the fail, sport.

Sorry but SJWs are liberals. If there is a conservative that agrees with the OP I would be shocked.

That's not what I said. I didn't say that SJW's aren't liberals, I'm saying that a group of whiny SJW's is not representative of liberals as a whole.

Last edited:
Look, I get it: you made a claim, you were called out on it, and you can't back it up. It's OK.

Same old, same old.

Nice, now stop screwing up the thread. K?

Maybe we just shouldn't have any white guys in the Olympics. Give all the minorities their chance to shine, after all they never had the opportunities the white guys had.

It must really burn the guy that Phelps won another medal yesterday.

Yes, that's pretty much how the English language works.

Own the fail, sport.

No, how the English language works is when I post an article about individuals and I reference them in a comment it indicates them not all people. For Example: If I post an article about two black guys robbing a store and I say they are crooks it doesn't mean all blacks are crooks it means the two blacks in the article are crooks, but I know you probably get confused with all your liberal intellectual dishonesty. Its hard to keep it straight. Hillary is having the same problem.

That's what baffles me about the issue in the op. Phelps is by far the greatest American Olympic athlete ever. Of course he should be carrying the flag. WTF?

Should we give the flag to a participant with no hopes of even winning a Bronze? I imagine, with little doubt, some of our more left leaning members would think that is best. Well, I prefer we give it to our best.

That's what baffles me about the issue in the op. Phelps is by far the greatest American Olympic athlete ever. Of course he should be carrying the flag. WTF?

Should we give the flag to a participant with no hopes of even winning a Bronze? I imagine, with little doubt, some of our more left leaning members would think that is best. Well, I prefer we give it to our best.

There is a definite difference between the two sides.

One values promises - Liberals

And one values results - Conservatives.

Phelps has earned the right to carry the flag, so he was able to.

This other guy has the promise to win, so they think he should be able to.

Life doesn't work like that.

I break it down to one side having so much white guilt that they cannot even for one minute bear seeing a white guy carry our flag while people of color follow behind.

Olympics are supposed to be a non political event. I see the left has screwed that up. Figures.

Says the guy joining in the political debate about the Olympics.

FYI, you do remember when the Right cheered - freaking CHEERED - when not long Obama was first elected and tried to get the 2016 Olympics to be scheduled for a city here in the U.S., don't you?

Of course, there wasn't anything political about the Right celebrating the fact that Obama wasn't able to bring the Olympics to America, of course not!

As far as I was concerned, it was just another example of the Right being happy to see Obama fail, even though if he'd been successful, it would have been a great thing for America. But I guess that even if it's bad for America, that's okay with the Right, as long as Obama fails.

FYI, you do remember when the Right cheered - freaking CHEERED - when not long Obama was first elected and tried to get the 2016 Olympics to be scheduled for a city here in the U.S., don't you?

Of course, there wasn't anything political about the Right celebrating the fact that Obama wasn't able to bring the Olympics to America, of course not!

As far as I was concerned, it was just another example of the Right being happy to see Obama fail, even though if he'd been successful, it would have been a great thing for America. But I guess that even if it's bad for America, that's okay with the Right, as long as Obama fails.

Obama went to get the Olympics for Chicago.

That would have been a disaster.

Because he didn't get that Olympics, it will be held in Los Angeles in 2024 which is a much better choice.

They are trying to force multi-culturism at all costs, by trying to tear down the white man, demonizing his very existence as privileged and the source of systematic racist. Equality by lowest common denominator. It is the white man's moral obligation to let the less successful have their moment in the sun.

It kind of depends, hosting the Olympics can easily lead to a financial loss for the host city. It, essentially, comes down to how much is happiness / national pride worth to you and your country.

Why would it? Good for Phelps - got no problem with the Mark Spitz of our time winning more medals...

...just like I have no problem with the U.S. Women's gymnastics team crushing the competition...and noting that out of the five top U.S. contestants, two were white, one was Hispanic, and two (including the reigning world champ) were black.

Within our lifetimes, America will be a majority-minority nation. Get over it. Might as well get used to it, because nobody, but nobody this side of Heaven can stop that from happening. The Serenity Prayer applies: change the things you can, endure the things you can't change, and pray for the wisdom to know the difference.

It kind of depends, hosting the Olympics can easily lead to a financial loss for the host city. It, essentially, comes down to how much is happiness / national pride worth to you and your country.

Last I recall, "national pride" was something that the Right seems to think is their birthright - flags, flags everywhere - and we do see even here on DP time and again how the conservatives seem to think that we on the Left have no pride in our nation.

Obama went to get the Olympics for Chicago.

That would have been a disaster.

Because he didn't get that Olympics, it will be held in Los Angeles in 2024 which is a much better choice.

You cannot be serious.

Why would it? Good for Phelps - got no problem with the Mark Spitz of our time winning more medals...

...just like I have no problem with the U.S. Women's gymnastics team crushing the competition...and noting that out of the five top U.S. contestants, two were white, one was Hispanic, and two (including the reigning world champ) were black.

Within our lifetimes, America will be a majority-minority nation. Get over it. Might as well get used to it, because nobody, but nobody this side of Heaven can stop that from happening. The Serenity Prayer applies: change the things you can, endure the things you can't change, and pray for the wisdom to know the difference.

You don't think its unfair that the white guy won the medal and some poor disadvantaged brown guy didn't get one? We don't need affirmative gold medal action at the Olympics?
That's not very liberal of you.

Well, actually there is something we could do about it, I'm not saying we should, just saying.

Last I recall, "national pride" was something that the Right seems to think is their birthright - flags, flags everywhere - and we do see even here on DP time and again how the conservatives seem to think that we on the Left have no pride in our nation.

That's correct.

Back
Top Bottom