• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals Embrace the Smug Life

"We"? Is that turd in your pocket smug too?

Where is your evidence that snopes "has ties to the WH"?

I guess expecting people to substantiate specious claims is "smug." Shame on me and my turd, I suppose.

Where is your evidence that snopes "has ties to the WH"?

I guess expecting people to substantiate specious claims is "smug." Shame on me and my turd, I suppose.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/snopescom-fake-cant-trusted-s-r-morris

In 2008, State Farm agent Bud Gregg hoisted a political sign in Mandeville, Louisiana referencing Barack Obama and made a big splash across the internet. The Mikkelson's were quick to "research" this issue and post their condemnation of it on Snopes.com.

In their statement they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Mr. Gregg into taking down the sign. In fact, nothing of the sort ever took place. A friend of Mr. Gregg personally contacted David Mikkelson to alert him of the factual inacuracy, leaving him Mr. Gregg's contact phone numbers. Mr. Mikkelson was told that Mr. Gregg would give him the phone numbers to the big exec's at State Farm in Illinois who would inform them that they had never pressured Mr. Gregg to take down his sign.

But the Mikkelson's never called Mr. Gregg. In fact, Mr. Gregg found out that no one from Snopes had ever contacted any one with State Farm. Yet, Snopes has kept their false story of Mr. Gregg up to this day, as the "final factual word" on the issue.

This article refutes S. R. Morris' (whoever the hell he is) article.

Specifically the parts you quoted.

In her article, Barbara Mikkelson didn’t actually use the word “pressured” as the e-mail claims. What she said was:

Snopes.com: A State Farm representative said that Bud Gregg’s office sign bore these messages until 3 July 2008 and that the company had requested the sign be removed as soon as they became aware of it because the sign was inconsistent with State Farm’s policy of not endorsing candidates or taking sides in political campaigns.

And State Farm spokeswoman Molly Quirk-Kirby confirmed in a letter to us the same thing she had told Snopes.com earlier:

State Farm: Management requested the sign be removed as soon as its presence became known. It was taken down on July 3, 2008. Mr. Gregg’s sign was not endorsed by, nor consistent with State Farm’s corporate practices. The company does not endorse candidates, nor take sides in political campaigns.

The e-mail’s author says the Mikkelsons didn’t call Gregg, and David says that’s true. He says he sent the insurance agent an e-mail, but did not receive a response.

Snopes.com

Besides Kobie asked for evidence that Snopes "has ties to the WH". That wasn't even addressed.

The Left did NOT win the Presidential Elections, they used massive voter fraud to STEAL the elections!

-
One of the worst things about the invention of the Internet is it really helps show just how many lunatics there are in this world by giving them all a place to spread their lunacy. This post is a perfect example of that.

Thanks a lot Al gore.

This article refutes S. R. Morris' (whoever the hell he is) article.

Specifically the parts you quoted.

Besides Kobie asked for evidence that Snopes "has ties to the WH". That wasn't even addressed.

Did you see the name Obama? Where was he planning on living?

Also sprach Vox, the young people's liberal zine, who scored this spectacular own goal:

Wow.

Whow. A fundamental failure of empathy on the part of progressives. Maybe they should do something to help the working class people they claim to represent rather than pouring scorn on them.

Really? From the article you quoted: “Nothing is more confounding to the smug style than the fact that the average Republican is better educated and has a higher IQ than the average Democrat. That for every overpowered study finding superior liberal open-mindedness and intellect and knowledge, there is one to suggest that Republicans have the better of these qualities.”

The average Republican is "better educated" and "has a higher IQ"? And who is it that is going to be the Republican nominee for president?

I think Forrest Gump put it best: "Stupid is as stupid does."

Did you see the name Obama? Where was he planning on living?

I have no idea what you are saying as I don't respond to people still playing with crayons.

Have a nice day, enjoy your immaturity, maybe some day you will outgrow it. :)

I have no idea what you are saying as I don't respond to people still playing with crayons.

Have a nice day, enjoy your immaturity, maybe some day you will outgrow it. :)

I see you take the time to try and insult them. Talk to me when your agressive behavior is under control.

Back
Top Bottom